Re: Still Beaming 3 Weeks Later

Watchtower, where in PA?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Still Beaming 3 Weeks Later:
    Watchtower, where in PA?
    Posted by 4Ever

Pike County.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Over the years my classrooms have always been well-decorated with Bruin stuff; coffee cups, posed plastic figures on my desk, calendars, pennants, pictures. 

You can bet before the start of the new school year there will be more but with the words Stanley Cup Champions on them.  I'm going to work their march to the Cup into the curriculum somehow.  Ill use it to stress the idea of teamwork. Yeah!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Over the years my classrooms have always been well-decorated with Bruin stuff; coffee cups, posed plastic figures on my desk, calendars, pennants, pictures.  You can bet before the start of the new school year there will be more but with the words Stanley Cup Champions on them.  I'm going to work their march to the Cup into the curriculum somehow.  Ill use it to stress the idea of teamwork. Yeah!
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Teamwork, effort and paying attention to the teacher.............it worked for the Cup champs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Ever. Show 4Ever's posts

Chester County here

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

In order to commemorate the Stanley Cup victory, I ordered myself the B's home Jersey (Bergeron) and the road jersey (Krecji). As a bonus (and surprize !!) Each jersey has the Stanley Cup champions logo !!!

Way to go !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Over the years my classrooms have always been well-decorated with Bruin stuff; coffee cups, posed plastic figures on my desk, calendars, pennants, pictures.  You can bet before the start of the new school year there will be more but with the words Stanley Cup Champions on them.  I'm going to work their march to the Cup into the curriculum somehow.  Ill use it to stress the idea of teamwork. Yeah!
    Posted by RichHillOntario

My students can't use Bruins suck! when they are mad at me anymore.  After they won I started the morning at school off with the 6 minute highlights of game 7..I know that's not in the curriculum but who cares! haha.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I already received my parade tshirt.  Still waiting for locker room hat and shirt,DVD, toddler shirt (Finally, I've been waiting my whole life for this), and two other tees.  I had about 500 bucks worth of stuff in my cart but realized I should pace myself haha. My brother painted his new garage yellow, black, and white last year and has Chara and Lucic fathead logos on the walls.  He's waiting on 3 more from the Cup win to put up.  Also has a mounted bear with a bruins jersey and hat hanging on the wall.   And we live in Northern Saskatchewan!
    Posted by derrickmorin

Where in Northern Saskatchewan?  Saskatoon here. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Still Beaming 3 Weeks Later : Teamwork, effort and paying attention to the teacher.............it worked for the Cup champs.
    Posted by dezaruchi

dez - Nice angle.  All in the aim of achieving one goal; to respect one another, always try your best.  That's it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Still Beaming 3 Weeks Later : My students can't use Bruins suck! when they are mad at me anymore.  After they won I started the morning at school off with the 6 minute highlights of game 7..I know that's not in the curriculum but who cares! haha.
    Posted by derrickmorin

derrick - Exactly.  Last year I had a split grade 5/6 class of potential future Bruin supporters.  This coming year, Grade 3.  What grade do you have?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Always wanted to ask, but is there any place in Boston that would sell a Bruins golf bag? I have always wanted one, and can't find the one I want anywhere on line..

I saw one that Bridgestone has but it only has a dinky B's decal on the botttom and they want $325 for a stand bag... I want one in the team colours and BRUINS up one side of the bag... Similar to this one that I have but in a stand bag..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I must have purchased 10 t shirts (including from the games), the golf shirt, 4 hats (by the way, buy the hat from Fans Edge, I got my championship hat very quickly), a pennant, a license plate frame (necessary in Illinois), a bunch of different newspapers...

I framed a RAISE THE CUP Globe page 1 and put it in my office. Love it.

Still pinch myself.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Here's another cool thing I just ordered--official print of this comic strip by a Boston-based alternative comix artist. Check it out!

http://www.kchronicles.com/2011/06/19/boston-bruins/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still Beaming 3 Weeks Later : Where are you at, by the way? I lived in Chicago for 5 years.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

The "Capitol City"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Just got my hats , my T-shirts and my golf polo  ''2011 Stanley Cup champs''

SO GREAT...cant wait for the 2012 and 2013 items ...COOL 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still Beaming 3 Weeks Later : Someone needs to make a list of all the legendary aspects surrounding this team's surge to the title. I think if we see them on a list, it will help this sink in more.  I am not sure some fans, myself included, realize how special this team's accomplishment is.  It reminds me of the 2001 Pats team.  Resilient.  Total TEAM.  Every single player did something at some point to help. 1. 3rd team (I think) ever to come down 2-0 in a SC Final. 2. 1st team ever to win THREE series that went 7 games. 3. 1st team (I think) to be down 0-2 and win a Game 7 on the road. That's just off the top of my head. This doesn't even count Thomas's dazzzling postseason, littered with incredible saves. The best judge of this is when fans from other teams come up and comment to you about it.. That's sort of when you know it was that good. I would imagine, if I was an outsider, this would be one of the best playoffs and Cup runs ever. My barometer Cup Final was 1994.  That playoff run was amazing. And the Cup Final was just incredible. But, this may top it.  The drama was like nothing I had never seen before, mostly due to Vancouver's unprofessional behavior and Boston's incredible resiliency and team play.

While I'd completely agree that the description of them as a total team is accurate and the comparison to the 2001 Pats is also correct, I keep coming back to them reminding me of the 2004 Red Sox.

Blowing out Philly reminded me of blowing out the Angels, although the defeat of Philly was "getting even" just like they did against the Yanks.  And the 3 different Game 7s reminded me of the heartstopping "sudden death" feel of each game 4-7 against New York.

Also, the way the Red Sox seemed to have a different hero every night, same as the B's. Of course the Sox had stars Schilling, Pedro, Manny, Papi just like the B's had Thomas, Chara, Bergeron and David K... although the return from injury comparison of Schilling/Bergeron is interesting... the Sox had huge contributions from Foulke, Arroyo, Roberts, Belhorn and a number of one-night heros just like the B's had Seguin, Peverly, Ryder, etc.

I suppose any long successful championship run results in a lot of different heros but it felt like 2004.  It also felt like 2004 because not only was it similarly draining and emotionally exhausting, but every night you wondered if the magic would end tonight?  And the pure disbelief that it was going all the way.

An incredible run.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Outside Nipawin Scooter...I lived in Saskatoon for University...met my wife there.  

Rich I teach a 6/7 split. I did convert a few to the Bruins but mostly Oilers, Flames, Habs and Leafs fans around here.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still Beaming 3 Weeks Later : Ahh, down state. Yes.  Right off 55.   Used to go down there once in a while on business. Used to have a customer in Quincy, actually. You'll laugh, and I know I asked before, but who is the goalie in your avatar?  Every time I asked, I lost the thread in which I asked and never saw your answer.

It's me in 1979.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still Beaming 3 Weeks Later : Yes, no doubt, them too.  No doubt.  I think that was mentioned during or right after the Cup as well. Many parallels. The 2004 Red Sox is the better comparison in terms of how each team's previous season unfolded and the way each team saddled up and rallied, simply refusing to be denied. It's just great, great theater. I think that is why it's so rewarding. Not only did they do it, they did it in such storied fashion. With the 2001 Pats, think I just remembered Bob Kraft holding up the Lombardi and really emphasizing TEAM and the idea that the Bruins were underdogs, almost in every series.  Christ, NFL fans to this day, are jealous of that ability (for the most part) and tradition with team attitude that was cultivated by  that team and subsequent Pats teams. I sort of feel like that TEAM vibe really resonated into the Sox, Celts and now B's. I really do. Now, eveeryone who gives a squirt, wants to play in this town to be a part of it. It's just incredible to watch. Also, I think hockey is close to football, in that they are more closely linked in their physicality and running the roster deep to channel the team element. Baseball, while a favorite of mine, has a slight sort of inidividual flavor to it that is foreign in football and hockey. I love hockey, but football does need all 53 players leaning in on direction, unified, to pull it off.  Even Kaberle and McQuaid did their thing, helping in some way.  It's like the guy on Special Teams who makes a big tackle that helps the defense and field position.  Same idea. So, I guess Dave Roberts is Brad Marchand?  haha

I agree with all of this.  I forgot one thing... when Chara waved the entire team over to stand in the trophy presentation photo when they won the Eastern Conference, I immediately flashed back to when the 2001 Patriots refused to be introduced as individuals at the Super Bowl and came out as a team.

Marchand? Hmmm... I have to think on that one.