Still not missing hockey.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Still not missing hockey.

So, Im a die hard fan. I buy the NHL package every year and watch just about every B's game. BUT, Im not missing hockey this year whatsoever. I still get online to get updates and come on this forum to see what everyone is saying, but other than that Im not really missing the NHL. I guess Im still on Summer break and still feel like I am waiting for preseason to start. LOL I dont know, but I cant explain it. I just do not miss it, like I thought I would. I have plenty of stuff to watch on tv and keep me busy. So I can tell you that helps. But, Im no busier now than I have been in the past, but I was always there to watch my B's. DVR helps alot.

I guess I miss wearing my Lucic Jersey. Sitting in the closet right now with no reason to bring it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Still not missing hockey.

Same here, Griff.  There is nothing that I love more than hockey but I'm fine without them playing.  I have more free time.  I have more money.  Sure, I wish they were playing, but I'm not crying myself to sleep like some people seem to be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i truly believe the 2011 cup win helps me to miss it less. if we were still counting 41 years since the last cup, i'd be much hungrier to get a season started, and wash that horrible taste out of my mouth. i'm still ridin' high from the cup victory over the nucks, and cornell vs harvard tonight will satisfy my hockey fix. this all coming from a bruin fan who hasn't missed a minute of play for the past 5 years because of nhl center ice.  i find my alcohol cunsumption has decreased, and i've freed up a lot of time in the evenings. all that being said, i look forward to drinking some beers and watching hockey tonight. hmmmm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I do.  I miss it.  My father is in hospice care right now and I've got all kinds of other stress going on, too.  Watching & playing hockey are the only things in my life that totally take me away from everything else going on.  Other sports or entertainment just don't have the same emotional pull for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I was like, whatever I'll watch basketball....

Then play stopped and the player had to take two free shots because another player brushed his forearm with his pinkie finger and I remembered how much this game sucks.

But honestly I'm content. Less distractions from school work, and the college games here are pretty fun.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

As much as i hate to say it,i don't really miss it that much at all.As was previously posted it feels like i'm still on summer break and when i read what both sides have been spewing about how hard done by they are,i miss them less. If and when hockey does start up again, i will start watching because i love the B's and hockey in general but until then life goes on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i truly believe the 2011 cup win helps me to miss it less. if we were still counting 41 years since the last cup, i'd be much hungrier to get a season started, and wash that horrible taste out of my mouth. i'm still ridin' high from the cup victory over the nucks, and cornell vs harvard tonight will satisfy my hockey fix. this all coming from a bruin fan who hasn't missed a minute of play for the past 5 years because of nhl center ice.  i find my alcohol cunsumption has decreased, and i've freed up a lot of time in the evenings. all that being said, i look forward to drinking some beers and watching hockey tonight. hmmmm

[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly ADK. After waiting so long for the Cup, this lockout doesn't seem like such a big deal. I know the NHL will be back eventually. My only real hope is that they can hammer out a CBA that lasts this time. Cheers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

i truly believe the 2011 cup win helps me to miss it less. if we were still counting 41 years since the last cup, i'd be much hungrier to get a season started

So very true and being able to watch some games online helps ease the angst as well. I don't get mad when I think about wanting to see an NHL game or am I going crazy waiting for the stalemate to end.

The main thought about not having a compromise by now is that we will have to go through this again in 5 to 7 years. That thought does get my blood up a bit.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I miss it alot.  I miss Jack and Brick, and I miss the commentaries by the writers and the discussions here on the forums.  I also miss Felger ranting about the 4th line and Amonte trying to balance him out.

But one thing I can honestly say I don't miss is Dale Arnold.

Btw, my hat came today it looks great!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do.  I miss it.  My father is in hospice care right now and I've got all kinds of other stress going on, too.  Watching & playing hockey are the only things in my life that totally take me away from everything else going on.  Other sports or entertainment just don't have the same emotional pull for me.

[/QUOTE]

BH, I somehow missed this post earlier but best wishes to you and your family. I'm dealing with an elderly grandmother in the same situation so I know it's not easy. Cheers buddy. Try to stay positive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BH, I somehow missed this post earlier but best wishes to you and your family. I'm dealing with an elderly grandmother in the same situation so I know it's not easy. Cheers buddy. Try to stay positive.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

[/QUOTE]

Prayers & well wishes to your family BadHab! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Actually another thing i don't miss is having to listen to the insufferable Glenn Healey, that is a treat.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that BH. My parents are precious to me. I can't imagine.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually another thing i don't miss is having to listen to the insufferable Glenn Healey, that is a treat.

[/QUOTE]

Or Greg Millen! Both of them are total jackoffs!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I miss it, but there's enough of other hockey to wet my appetite for the game. What I don't get in the hockey I watch though, are the special talents of the best hockey players in the world.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I miss it, but there's enough of other hockey to wet my appetite for the game. What I don't get in the hockey I watch though, are the special talents of the best hockey players in the world.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one Chowda. Nothing is better than watching a goalie rob the best talents in the world of a sure goal. Unless it's a Bruin getting robbed of course. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i miss the fantasy leagues....

and come spring, i'll miss the playoffs unless this nonsense gets settled....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I thought I'd miss it but turns out I don't.  Life goes on.  Like everyone else I was curious to see how this year's edition of the Bruins were going to perform.  That will just have to wait.  This reminds me of those years where the Bruins didn't do well in the playoffs and information about the team on BDC didn't seem to change for weeks in the summer. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I think the biggest thing for me about not having the season, is the fact that the B's have a great team and the fact that we're missing a season of a talented team play. Now on the other hand, here in Columbus people dont mind missing out on the frustrations of the BlueJackets. LOL.

Too bad the B's have such a good roster. And losing a year with the talent we have, stinks. If they were horrible it definitely wouldnt matter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

My 2cents, but I think I miss reading about all the activity going on in the NHL. Maybe it's just being part of a community. It's kind of like when a bunch of friends are away, and you have nothing to do. Normally you just call them up and make plans. But that is not there. So yes I do miss it.

Also, I can't stand Basketball, and I am okay with NFL -but it isn't everyday like the NHL. Just because the Bruins aren't playing doesn't mean I am still not reading up and watching other teams. 

I watched the Junior All Stars against the Russians, and that was good to see Dougie, but I don't know many of the players. The closest OHL team to me are the Barrie Colts, and they are sold right out. Junior B team is boring. 

And mostly, Hockey Central at Noon is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. They are now filling air time with who was the dirtiest player of all time. We all know that it is mattcooke. (hate saying that name)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that BH. I know how you feel and what you're going through. My Father is into the final stage with his alzheimers.

Once they go (our fathers), we move to the front of the line unfortunately. Life is moving too fast lately.

Sections
Shortcuts