Still questioning TT????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Re: Still questioning TT????

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT????:
    In Response to Still questioning TT???? : I think you are the insane one over here.  Thomas was in this position only because he created that mess in the first place.  No way that the Bruins should have had to play a stressfull game in the end if it was not for his 2 brutal goals!!  BTW in the end Gomez missed it it has nothing to do with Thomas doing anything in fact Thomas had no clue where the puck was...and he even got lucky that the ref blow the wistle because the puck was free....ma please give me a break.  I will still pray for TT to get injured during the next practice because i can't stand that clown no more!!
    Posted by lucaooo

Funny how some posters have the pink glasses welded on their faces. Pretty much agree with your analysm where it's Thomas who created that mess and he had no choice but to clean it. The Bruins won that game because they had a 3-0 lead. A performance like Thomas had, last night, is normally a loss in the playoffs. We were damn lucky that Montreal took a night off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Still questioning TT????:
    Are you people insane?  He was terrific tonight. He was the only thing standing between a win tonight and another B's 3 goal playoff meltdown. TT held the fort, but you people want to discuss the 2 goals through the 5 hole and not the great timely saves. B's played better tonight, capitalized on a Montreal mistake (Price) and it was the winning goal. Just like the habs did here. TT didn't give in. Don't be afraid to give him credit, you would not be watching a playoff game tonight if it wasn't for him.
    Posted by kelvana33

Get your head out of your pASS ! It's the playoffs and TT is letting in at least one soft goal per game. Unacceptable !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

There was no telecast of the B's game here in the fringes of Sabres-land, so I spent part of last night watching Ryan Miller get beat between his arm and body on a stoppable shot from the right wing. And early in the game, Brian Boucher kicked out a rebound as fat as the Michelin Man. Several times when the goalies gave up big rebounds, I wondered what Bruins fans would say if Thomas had given up similar rebounds.

Having said that, the two goals Thomas let in last night were jaw-droppingly bad. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Still questioning TT???? : most of people complaining about the 2 goals tonight are just trolls except for lucaooo.  i thought he was a bruins fan, so he should be happy with the win.  i don't know what his problem is.  i think he's also in montreal.  when the habs lose in the playoffs and the riots start, maybe you and stanley should team up and accidently torch his car.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Another classless post.

Some people on here don't have an open mind and only see what they want and if its because they are delusional or just don't understand hockey, they need to be mature.

Thomas was in the position he was in due to the fact his play is not up to his own standard from this year. I'm no TT fan now and was  never but I'm willing to give him credit when its due. Right now he is not playing good. The 2 goals he let in took the wind out of the B's sails. They played a great game up until TT choked. Great PK and great pressure for 2/3 of the game.

Stanley calling me a MORON for stating the truth shows you how he really is. POM POM waving is fine but calling me a moron is unacceptable from a fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Thomas and Julien are the reason why the Bruins are down 2-1 and they both are gone as soon as someone with some common sense takes over management!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

He has still giving up "juicy" rebounds all night. Yes he had a typical flip-flop saving third, but his extremely soft goals gave the habs the life they were looking for. I've said it before and will once again say it. The B's will NEVER win a cup with that flopper in net, ever! His style is great in the regular season because most teams are used to a stand up goaltender, but in the post season the teams see him night after night and will see the gaping 5-hole all night. Think Joe Thornton guys, TT plays only some of the post season games with the regular season stats. The other games he is a non factor and usually blows the game. You just have to look at the previous post season 7th games he has played. He laid an egg in both, and got to those games giving up weak 5-hole goals. He does not have another level to his game and he relys too much on his reactions than being able to read the play. That's why he directs those rebounds right on the habs sticks, he doesn't see that kind of in the lane net drive during the regular season and gets away with those save then, but now it's a whole other level he can't rise up to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Thats just BS. You dont get to just cheer the saves and pretend those goals didnt happen. Pointing out that those goals were awful, which, incidentally the announcers did, even Gord Kluzak did, does not make soemone a troll or a Habs fan.  Thats garbage.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Actually, yeah, you do.  Well, maybe you don't pretend they didn't happen, but you do get to care a whole lot less.

League history is littered with championship goalies who let in softies when they had multi-goal leads but slammed the door when the next goal was death.  Grant Fuhr was absolutely notorious for it.  Thomas doesn't have Fuhr's resume, but the principle stands: make the saves that count and I'll forgive the garbage goals that ultimately don't.

And let's not assume he wouldn't have had to make those spectacular saves in the third if the softies hadn't gone in.  Shabs were coming.  They still needed those saves, and by my count, they vastly outnumber the two soft bad angle five hold goals.  Given a choice, I'd rather have the guy who makes the many bacon-savers than the guy who doesn't but who never gives up a five hole softie. 

I get that the concern is the next softie will be a first goal or a late tying goal or an OT goal - but last night, that wasn't the case. 

Scoreboard.  It renders your arguments invalid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Book, you are assuming too much. That game was a pure example of TT letting the Habs in the game. They smelled blood after TT let in the first bad goal but the second was reason for Clod to start thinking he made a mistake for not playing Rask.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Give Julien credit, he gambled and stuck with his lineup and it paid off, lets hope they bring the intensity with them on thursday night for 60 minutes - if they continue to win battles along the boards, and down low, finish their checks - good things will happen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Even if Thomas stopped both of those goals, they were still coming at us hard - he weathered the storm and made key saves when they needed them. 

the positives - they know they can win, they know they can score and they know that TT can battle like the warrior he is

the negatives - we have to listen to these fans for 1 more game.

Just because Thomas played great the end or because Boston won doesn't excuse the two bad goals he let in.  There is no excuse for those goals. 
    Posted by abra-cadaver

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

i still can't let this go - the first goal, kostisyn turned chara inside out - a healthy chara doesn't let this happen he swings his stick on the backside after he gets around  - thomas can't react properly to this - if chara stops this play - the goal is not scored - does this mean they stop playing hard? Nope
    BUT i do not have an issue with this goal, the 2nd goal he should have had this...
    regardless of how thomas  played, we got the win and Price was all over the place last night...i wasn't impressed with HIS game...he may have looked good at times (lucic's breakaway - but looch shot it RIGHT at him...he had ton's of time)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Book, you are assuming too much. That game was a pure example of TT letting the Habs in the game. They smelled blood after TT let in the first bad goal but the second was reason for Clod to start thinking he made a mistake for not playing Rask.
    Posted by jwb413

Nothing you write is true.  Teams that are trailing by 2 goals in the 3rd always pressure the offensive zone.  To state that it's TT's fault that Montreal tried to get back into the game is ludicrous.  And as far as Rask goes, while I thought he may get the start last night, he has let in his share of softies too, as does every goalie as Book stated so well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

i still can't let this go - the first goal, kostisyn turned chara inside out - a healthy chara doesn't let this happen he swings his stick on the backside after he gets around  - thomas can't react properly to this - if chara stops this play - the goal is not scored - does this mean they stop playing hard? Nope BUT i do not have an issue with this goal, the 2nd goal he should have had this... regardless of how thomas  played, we got the win and Price was all over the place last night...i wasn't impressed with HIS game...he may have looked good at times (lucic's breakaway - but looch shot it RIGHT at him...he had ton's of time)
    Posted by bailey77

The looch breakaway to me indicated that something is going on with him. Why would he barrel at the net? He has to know his wrister isn't fast enough to get a five hole goal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Nothing you write is true.  Teams that are trailing by 2 goals in the 3rd always pressure the offensive zone.  To state that it's TT's fault that Montreal tried to get back into the game is ludicrous.  And as far as Rask goes, while I thought he may get the start last night, he has let in his share of softies too, as does every goalie as Book stated so well.
    Posted by hangnail

Nothing you write is true also. The habs had no momentum until TT let the first one in. FACT!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Nothing you write is true also. The habs had no momentum until TT let the first one in. FACT!!!!
    Posted by jwb413

So if it was still 3-0, are you saying the Habs wouldn't have tried to get back in the game?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Not what I am saying. It's natural for the losing team to "try" and get back in it. They had a lot more jump in them after the first softie went in. No one will know how that game would have wound up but I know they had a ray of hope when TT let it in. Up until that they were trying but not as intense. It also sends a bad message to the team to let in not one but two softies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Still questioning TT???? : You have lost it.  You are constantly trying to be the arbiter of all things goaltending, but when your playoff goalie gives up 2 unbelievably bad goals... 5 hole rollers from the GOAL LINE... off the BACKHAND... and you say he's "terriific."  You Thomas cult members are the ones who are insane. Give him credit????   he turned a 3-0 game into a nailbiter with his predictable awful goals. Honestly, gushing over a guy because he doesnt give up after playing like a blind minimite is simply not a compliment.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

=========================================================
     A voice of reason.Glad to see at least one person was watching the same game that I was.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

You need to give alot of credit to the team playing better D. Thomas was giving up ridiculous rebounds and was out of position alot which could of led to a montreal lead. He was saved on alot of occassion by good poke checks and the team playing physical.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsnut4. Show sportsnut4's posts

I'm still questioning yes, but it really is silly to do so.  We all know TT's strength and weaknesses.  Technically very unorthodox and prone to giving up weak goals (ie, exhibit A, 2 goals last niite) and exhibit B, the 5 or so game savers in the last 5 minutes.  He is frustrating to watch.  He has "morphed" into a more hybred of the two styles but the warts show sometimes when you least expect it.  As Bill Bellichik says, well kind of anyway, he is what he is.  I don't know if the score would have been any different if Rask was in last nite.  He might of stopped the first two softies but missed a couple of late one's which leaves the same result.  Not a Thomas hater or supporter, really just want the Bruins to win.  I do believe that he is due to "steal" a game which is hopefully game 4. He has looked "off" this series for a goaltender who should deservedly win the Vezina trophy based on his seasonal play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

would anyone expect anything less than a nailbiter between these two rivalries? thomas didnt play great allowing those two goals, that much we all know - BUT he righted the ship and we won.

the fans there, after the paccioretty incident, expected the seas to part way and the sun to come and and shine down on them as they walk their way to the next round of the playoffs and that didnt happen - we won the game and deflated them down to the level they should be

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Not what I am saying. It's natural for the losing team to "try" and get back in it. They had a lot more jump in them after the first softie went in. No one will know how that game would have wound up but I know they had a ray of hope when TT let it in. Up until that they were trying but not as intense. It also sends a bad message to the team to let in not one but two softies.
    Posted by jwb413

Whenever the home team scores in an 0-3 game, it lights a fire.  Doesn't matter if it's good, bad or indifferent, so your "more jump" point is valid.
    Guess that means that TT(or whoever is in net) has to play shutout hockey, or he's at fault for gift wrapping a "ray of hope".

Don't forget that Price also allowed 2 softies last night, and it didn't appear to me that his team rolled over.  In fact over the last 5 games these teams have played each other, Price has allowed several "softies".
    Why do you fail to see that.  Goaltending is not really the problem.  Montreal never showed up til the mid point in the game.  The B's had several golden chances that they completely botched.  They should have been up by 6 going into the third, and it wasn't Price who saved the day, it was the Bruins pathetic scoring touch...they're inability to bury a team when they should have(see B's Flyers game 7)
    The B's overall have played 3 poor games.  There's lots of room to spread the blame.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Not questioning TT.  I'm out of questions except for this last one.

Just wondering when he'll stop letting in 1.5 terrrible goals on average per game?  Playing steller in parts of the game will only get you so far in the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Whenever the home team scores in an 0-3 game, it lights a fire.  Doesn't matter if it's good, bad or indifferent, so your "more jump" point is valid. Guess that means that TT(or whoever is in net) has to play shutout hockey, or he's at fault for gift wrapping a "ray of hope". Don't forget that Price also allowed 2 softies last night, and it didn't appear to me that his team rolled over.  In fact over the last 5 games these teams have played each other, Price has allowed several "softies". Why do you fail to see that.  Goaltending is not really the problem.  Montreal never showed up til the mid point in the game.  The B's had several golden chances that they completely botched.  They should have been up by 6 going into the third, and it wasn't Price who saved the day, it was the Bruins pathetic scoring touch...they're inability to bury a team when they should have(see B's Flyers game 7) The B's overall have played 3 poor games.  There's lots of room to spread the blame.
    Posted by stevegm

That's why it is so important to not let weak goals in. The B's are challenged to put the puck in right now as in the PP.

Sections
Shortcuts