Still questioning TT????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Still questioning TT????

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT????:
    [QUOTE]Not what I am saying. It's natural for the losing team to "try" and get back in it. They had a lot more jump in them after the first softie went in. No one will know how that game would have wound up but I know they had a ray of hope when TT let it in. Up until that they were trying but not as intense. It also sends a bad message to the team to let in not one but two softies.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

He sent more good messages to the team with his great goaltending than he did bad messages for his poor goaltending. 

No one's perfect, that's my point.  If you're expecting perfection you will be disappointed every game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]OK, not a perfect game by Thomas but way better.  Look, this thing is not going to turn around on a dime.  This game tonight was a giant step in the right direction for the whole team, Thomas included.  Too many players on the team were playing tight... why does Thomas get singled out? I know, because he's the goalie.  B.S.  He will get more comfortable as this thing progresses.  Hopefully before its too late.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I know I am being a homer here. The third period panic though was an excellent test for the Bs.  Montreal wanted the game after the second goal.  Considering the recent past, I am sure the Canadien thoght the game could be won with speed and tenacity.  The Bs held up.  I think the team can solace in that third period.  It could be a major motivator.  

BTW I am not one to say the referees are prejudice against the opposition in Montreal, but the interference, tripping, boarding non calls were all made dumb by the penalty on Ryder with a few seconds to go in the game.  If i wanted to develop a conpiracy theory on the referees in Monteal I could use the the third period last night as evidence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Not what I am saying. It's natural for the losing team to "try" and get back in it. They had a lot more jump in them after the first softie went in. No one will know how that game would have wound up but I know they had a ray of hope when TT let it in. Up until that they were trying but not as intense. It also sends a bad message to the team to let in not one but two softies.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what this sentence means.  If you mean had the Habs come back and scored a total of 4 goals, they would have won, then yes I'll agree.  But they didn't so I'm not sure what you're trying to convey with this sentence. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think TT may have turned his play around mid-way through the game. It is like a lightbulb clicked off in his head. If he continues his solid play into the next game I will no longer bi**h about him for the rest of the playoffs. If he lets in a soft early goal, however........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

YES

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : A valid point, but what I was saying is that having a 3 goal lead going into the 3rd is much better than 2. If TT allowed goals where he didn't have much of a chance that's one thing. However, both goals were along the ice five hole. This is the play-offs. Those kinds of goals usually kills teams & if it wasn't for Price's gaffe. Where would the B's confidence been then? Where would their faith in TT gone? Timmy rebounded nicely, that's a fact, but you can't expect your starting goalie to allow ONE BAD goal let alone TWO & continue to expect to win! The great thing is that this is 3 games where TT has not been at his best! We know he can be better! However, so can Price! TT MUST clean his game up if the B's are going to win this series! I am a fan of his & I make no bones about it, but seeing these types of goals are a HUGE concern. I will stand behind him, but I'm not gonna put blinders on for the guy. I don't for the other players & I'm not about to give TT any more leeway. He can & will be better!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I'm still questioning him. The shots he let in last night were off angle shots that should have never beat him. Yes, he made several key saves late in the game, but to me, he still doesn't look comfortable - very little fluidity to his movements. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The moment you stop questioning an opinion you have is the moment you let your brain's defense mechanisms take over.  It becomes less about finding the truth, and more about finding support for your opinion (edit: this is called 'confirmation bias').  If you don't question, you loose objectivity.  Questioning is to be encouraged.

The closeness of the game could certainly be placed on Thomas' shoulders.  That he held the fort and had what was probably his best 15 minutes of the series to end the game should be encouraging.  We shall see what happens, but unless the powerplay comes alive or Price really looses it Thomas will have to be better for whole games for the Bruins to win this series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBruins01. Show BBruins01's posts

Can't we all get along?
    The Bruins won.
    One game at a time
    Go Bruins!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Still questioning TT???? : Kel? If TT didn't allow those goals though. He may not have been forced to make those saves to begin with. TT NEEDS to make those saves 99% of the time. Tonite I thought his rebound control was better, but he got caught cheating both times. He opened up trying to get across anticipating a pass across. As a goalie you need to let the game come to you. Not force something that's not there. I think his Lake Placid visit wll stop the soft goals. It is afterall the reason he became a goalie!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Great post Nite.Objectivity at it's best.He played well but still had a few holes in his game.He wasn't perfect but he still played great.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Actually, yeah, you do.  Well, maybe you don't pretend they didn't happen, but you do get to care a whole lot less. League history is littered with championship goalies who let in softies when they had multi-goal leads but slammed the door when the next goal was death.  Grant Fuhr was absolutely notorious for it.  Thomas doesn't have Fuhr's resume, but the principle stands: make the saves that count and I'll forgive the garbage goals that ultimately don't. And let's not assume he wouldn't have had to make those spectacular saves in the third if the softies hadn't gone in.  Shabs were coming.  They still needed those saves, and by my count, they vastly outnumber the two soft bad angle five hold goals.  Given a choice, I'd rather have the guy who makes the many bacon-savers than the guy who doesn't but who never gives up a five hole softie.   I get that the concern is the next softie will be a first goal or a late tying goal or an OT goal - but last night, that wasn't the case.  Scoreboard.  It renders your arguments invalid.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Given a choice I'd rather have a top talent goalie like Quick, Ward, Miller etc etc etc.  Don't go building TT for what he is not and  will never be !  He's not an elite goalie in the NHL or he'd have been snapped up last summer when the Bruins were shopping him around. 

If the Bruins go far in the playoffs it's becasue the team plays Julien's D-system to a tee and Thomas comes out looking good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : So if it was still 3-0, are you saying the Habs wouldn't have tried to get back in the game?
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point ! It was 3 -0 and becasue of TT's poor play it got to
    3-2 and we could have blown another game !

Elite goalies don't let in such soft goals ! PERIOD !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I love Timmy but we haven't seen him consistently at his best yet in the playoffs.  Given his lack of experience in the postseason and the giveaways in front of him, though, I have no problem with his remaining in net.  Go B's!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : You're missing the point ! It was 3 -0 and becasue of TT's poor play it got to 3-2 and we could have blown another game ! Elite goalies don't let in such soft goals ! PERIOD !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Coulda, shoulda, woulda...but didn't which is all that matters.  And your last statement is false and you know it.  Name an elite goalie who never gave up a soft goal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Coulda, shoulda, woulda...but didn't which is all that matters.  And your last statement is false and you know it.  Name an elite goalie who never gave up a soft goal.

You should be the moderator of this forum since you know every post that is false.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Coulda, shoulda, woulda...but didn't which is all that matters.  And your last statement is false and you know it.  Name an elite goalie who never gave up a soft goal.
    I remember Roy and Brodeur giving up some playoff softies and they still managed to have decent careers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Great post Nite.Objectivity at it's best.He played well but still had a few holes in his game.He wasn't perfect but he still played great.
    Posted by dezaruchi

This says it all for me about TT. "He played well but still had a few holes in his game ". Its the " few holes in his game " that have always worried me. He just seems to let in the weakest possible goal at the worst possible time. The B's won so hey everything is great but i don't know how that style will hold up over the long haul in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Thomas played great for the last 7 minutes of the game... and while I don't want to discount the importance of coming through in the clutch, let's not forget that for 53 minutes, he was letting in soft goals and letting up juicy rebounds. Lets not be revisionist historians-- the reality is, if montreal ties that game 3-3, we look back and say what a horrid game thomas played.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : You should be the moderator of this forum since you know every post that is false.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Go back to page 3 and answer my posts if you want to discuss the game.  If you want to throw jabs I can do that too.  You choose.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : I remember Roy and Brodeur giving up some playoff softies and they still managed to have decent careers.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Very true dez and we could add Dryden, Billy Smith, Fuhr, Parent and John Blue(sarcasm)to that list too.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : He gave up soft goals for 53 minutes. How in the world did he not give up a hundred goals?
    Posted by tukka-fall[/QUOTE]

because very few of the shots against him were actually scoring chances... NEXT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

NAIL & FAIL

Tweedle dee and tweedle DUMB

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts