Still questioning TT????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Still questioning TT????

Are you people insane?  He was terrific tonight. He was the only thing standing between a win tonight and another B's 3 goal playoff meltdown. TT held the fort, but you people want to discuss the 2 goals through the 5 hole and not the great timely saves. B's played better tonight, capitalized on a Montreal mistake (Price) and it was the winning goal. Just like the habs did here. TT didn't give in.
    Don't be afraid to give him credit, you would not be watching a playoff game tonight if it wasn't for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Still questioning TT????

In Response to Still questioning TT????:
    Are you people insane?  He was terrific tonight. He was the only thing standing between a win tonight and another B's 3 goal playoff meltdown. TT held the fort, but you people want to discuss the 2 goals through the 5 hole and not the great timely saves. B's played better tonight, capitalized on a Montreal mistake (Price) and it was the winning goal. Just like the habs did here. TT didn't give in. Don't be afraid to give him credit, you would not be watching a playoff game tonight if it wasn't for him.
    Posted by kelvana33

i agree kel after montreal scored the second goal he was fantastic. he was use his stick 2 nite to stear those long wing shot to same side corner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I also after Saturday night thought they should have put Rask tonight the same way a coach makes a goalie change during a game to jump start his players.
    Today before the game I didn't feel the same way. They will and have to live or die with the goalie that was their star all season.
    and calm your horses SoxInIl and Newfiebullet.
    Sure tt let in a softie or but stood on his head after that.                     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

The 2 goals that were scored are a major concern. He has to make those saves. On the other hand though, he saved the game for them late in the 3rd. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Are you people insane?  He was terrific tonight. He was the only thing standing between a win tonight and another B's 3 goal playoff meltdown. TT held the fort, but you people want to discuss the 2 goals through the 5 hole and not the great timely saves. B's played better tonight, capitalized on a Montreal mistake (Price) and it was the winning goal. Just like the habs did here. TT didn't give in. Don't be afraid to give him credit, you would not be watching a playoff game tonight if it wasn't for him.
    Posted by kelvana33

Kel? If TT didn't allow those goals though. He may not have been forced to make those saves to begin with. TT NEEDS to make those saves 99% of the time. Tonite I thought his rebound control was better, but he got caught cheating both times. He opened up trying to get across anticipating a pass across. As a goalie you need to let the game come to you. Not force something that's not there. I think his Lake Placid visit wll stop the soft goals. It is afterall the reason he became a goalie!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Chara was still feeling the effects of the sickness, he did not play with his normal energy.  The rest of the defense played much better.  The offense kinda left Timmah in the lurch the last period.  I did not like the panic, but I did like the victory.  Time to hammer Les Canadien in game 4.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Goalies are going to let in goals. It happens. How many would have made the big saves he made in the final 7 minutes. Nice win, but TT's five hole is the least of concerns, are the B's going to win a series without a power play goal? I think not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Posted by kelvana33

most of people complaining about the 2 goals tonight are just trolls except for lucaooo.  i thought he was a bruins fan, so he should be happy with the win.  i don't know what his problem is.  i think he's also in montreal.  when the habs lose in the playoffs and the riots start, maybe you and stanley should team up and accidently torch his car.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nope I didn't in the first place no goalie is perfect anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT????:
    In Response to Still questioning TT???? : Kel? If TT didn't allow those goals though. He may not have been forced to make those saves to begin with. TT NEEDS to make those saves 99% of the time. Tonite I thought his rebound control was better, but he got caught cheating both times. He opened up trying to get across anticipating a pass across. As a goalie you need to let the game come to you. Not force something that's not there. I think his Lake Placid visit wll stop the soft goals. It is afterall the reason he became a goalie!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Great point Nites.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Goalies are going to let in goals. It happens. How many would have made the big saves he made in the final 7 minutes. Nice win, but TT's five hole is the least of concerns, are the B's going to win a series without a power play goal? I think not.
    Posted by kelvana33

Very valid point!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Still questioning TT???? : most of people complaining about the 2 goals tonight are just trolls except for lucaooo.  i thought he was a bruins fan, so he should be happy with the win.  i don't know what his problem is.  i think he's also in montreal.  when the habs lose in the playoffs and the riots start, maybe you and stanley should team up and accidently torch his car.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

WHOA! Don't call me a troll, or worse a HABS FAN! I'm the farthest thing from it! Just because I didn't like the goals & I'm objective don't say that. Anybody who knows me knows I'm TT's biggest supporter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : WHOA! Don't call me a troll, or worse a HABS FAN! I'm the farthest thing from it! Just because I didn't like the goals & I'm objective don't say that. Anybody who knows me knows I'm TT's biggest supporter.
    Posted by nitemare-38

sorry nite, i wasn't talking about you.  i said "most" not "all" of the people complaining were trolls and habs' fans.  i know you're not a troll or a habs' fan.  if tt doesn't allow early goals and keeps the opposition to 2 or fewer goals/game, i don't care what the goals look like.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Posted by kelvana33

You have lost it.  You are constantly trying to be the arbiter of all things goaltending, but when your playoff goalie gives up 2 unbelievably bad goals... 5 hole rollers from the GOAL LINE... off the BACKHAND... and you say he's "terriific."  You Thomas cult members are the ones who are insane.

Give him credit????   he turned a 3-0 game into a nailbiter with his predictable awful goals.

Honestly, gushing over a guy because he doesnt give up after playing like a blind minimite is simply not a compliment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Yah Thomas played a great third period but the first 2 goals were eeeeeek.  I think the B's should have been up 5 goals before the 3rd.  Lets hope they play like the first two periods in game 4.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : sorry nite, i wasn't talking about you.  i said "most" not "all" of the people complaining were trolls and habs' fans.  i know you're not a troll or a habs' fan.  if tt doesn't allow early goals and keeps the opposition to 2 or fewer goals/game, i don't care what the goals look like.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Thats just BS.

You dont get to just cheer the saves and pretend those goals didnt happen.

Pointing out that those goals were awful, which, incidentally the announcers did, even Gord Kluzak did, does not make soemone a troll or a Habs fan.  Thats garbage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Kel? If TT didn't allow those goals though. He may not have been forced to make those saves to begin with.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Don't agree there. This is CJ coaching... drop back into defensive shell for ENTIRE third period. Bruins were getting overrun that last period... no lead would have been comfortable. I think it will hurt their confidence for Game 4 (hope I am wrong there.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Sorry guys... I don't hate Thomas and am obviously no troll, but those were 2 weak goals. Coupled with a bunch of good saves, that made him good tonight. But I still don't trust him in the post-season. Again, sorry!

What was great tonight was DEFENSE. For most of the game. But there's no way they should have let Montreal into the zone for the whole 3rd period.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Posted by kelvana33

I think you are the insane one over here.  Thomas was in this position only because he created that mess in the first place.  No way that the Bruins should have had to play a stressfull game in the end if it was not for his 2 brutal goals!!  BTW in the end Gomez missed it it has nothing to do with Thomas doing anything in fact Thomas had no clue where the puck was...and he even got lucky that the ref blow the wistle because the puck was free....ma please give me a break.  I will still pray for TT to get injured during the next practice because i can't stand that clown no more!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Just because Thomas played great the end or because Boston won doesn't excuse the two bad goals he let in.  There is no excuse for those goals. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Don't agree there. This is CJ coaching... drop back into defensive shell for ENTIRE third period. Bruins were getting overrun that last period... no lead would have been comfortable. I think it will hurt their confidence for Game 4 (hope I am wrong there.)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

A valid point, but what I was saying is that having a 3 goal lead going into the 3rd is much better than 2. If TT allowed goals where he didn't have much of a chance that's one thing. However, both goals were along the ice five hole. This is the play-offs. Those kinds of goals usually kills teams & if it wasn't for Price's gaffe. Where would the B's confidence been then? Where would their faith in TT gone?
    Timmy rebounded nicely, that's a fact, but you can't expect your starting goalie to allow ONE BAD goal let alone TWO & continue to expect to win! The great thing is that this is 3 games where TT has not been at his best! We know he can be better! However, so can Price! TT MUST clean his game up if the B's are going to win this series! I am a fan of his & I make no bones about it, but seeing these types of goals are a HUGE concern. I will stand behind him, but I'm not gonna put blinders on for the guy. I don't for the other players & I'm not about to give TT any more leeway. He can & will be better!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

OK, not a perfect game by Thomas but way better.  Look, this thing is not going to turn around on a dime.  This game tonight was a giant step in the right direction for the whole team, Thomas included.  Too many players on the team were playing tight... why does Thomas get singled out? I know, because he's the goalie.  B.S.  He will get more comfortable as this thing progresses.  Hopefully before its too late.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Still questioning Thomas? Of course I am. It is one of the only ways we will get answers out of him. He let in two bad goals which made him have to save the day later in the game. He shouldn't have put himself and the team in that position. But it is a position which he seems to thrive on.   

He seems to have some of his mojo back especially if you look at his reaction to the win at the end of the game. He'll be in for game 4 now for sure but I am still expecting better.    

Sections
Shortcuts