Still questioning TT????

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Re: Still questioning TT????

Put the same microscope on Price... Out of position from overplaying a shot leads to empty net for Horton.  Then, making a bad play on the puck leads to an empty net goal for Peverly.  BTW- that was the GAME WINNER and softest goal of the series. 

People will only be happy when TT has a shutout.  Personally, i'll take the W!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

There is a difference between giving up a soft goal here and there over a playoff run vs. giving up a soft goals(s) every playoff game.  Soft goals given up by TT need to become a rarity not the norm if this team has a hope.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

TT has let in weak goals every game.  Price has let in weak goals in only 1 of the 3 games.  I hope Price has a few more stinkers in him but to date he has outplayed TT. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

Like what was said before, TT was not phenomenal he gave up soft goals(4 in 3 games) but he did play well when needed in the 3rd period, but again he let in a couple of soft goals to take us to that point, lets reserve judgement until after the series or even after next game, I personally dont think TT can take us to the cup, i hope im wrong, but this is his season, theres no looking back and theres no putting in Rask now, so lets hope TT can deliver, if not he will join Julien, Kaberle and Ryder on the first bus out of town this spring, that is the only bright side and aint much of one when losing is involved to the scabs, but Ryder off the books, Kaberle ufa try to trade Thomas, new coach different system, money to spend, looks fine, but i could care less rite now i want to win!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Oh my god. We are still talking about the two goals?? Did he win the game? Did he make great saves to preserve the win? Unless your going to blame TT for the power play, which I'm sure is around the corner with the lack of logic here, it is a NON issue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Given a choice I'd rather have a top talent goalie like Quick, Ward, Miller etc etc etc.  Don't go building TT for what he is not and  will never be !  He's not an elite goalie in the NHL or he'd have been snapped up last summer when the Bruins were shopping him around.  If the Bruins go far in the playoffs it's becasue the team plays Julien's D-system to a tee and Thomas comes out looking good.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

This is PURE GARBAGE!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

As in any playoffs and this year is no different, a teams goalie will generally have to steal a game or two to move on in the playoffs. Does TT have it in him, time will tell. In my opinion so far in his playoff career with the B's he has never stolen a game. One of the first two games of this series would have been a perfect time but as we've seen he couldn't do it. Like i said, time will tell and i hope TT is the guy. Maybe he's just getting warmed up and the best is yet to come. We're all allowed to dream, aren't we?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : This is PURE GARBAGE!!!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not only is TT better than Quick but I'd give him a slight edge over Miller. Yeah Miller started in the olympics but TT was injured...The Ward one, I can be debated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Put the same microscope on Price... Out of position from overplaying a shot leads to empty net for Horton.  Then, making a bad play on the puck leads to an empty net goal for Peverly.  BTW- that was the GAME WINNER and softest goal of the series.  People will only be happy when TT has a shutout.  Personally, i'll take the W!
    Posted by stingerjp

Not true.  There were times this year when people complained about his play during a shutout too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Coulda, shoulda, woulda...but didn't which is all that matters.  And your last statement is false and you know it.  Name an elite goalie who never gave up a soft goal.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I've been watching hockey for 40 years and I can tell you this...
    I've never seen a goalie let in soft goals in 3 consecutive playoff games.

Know why? Because good coaches put a stop to such a show of incompetence before it's too late. Julien has something to learn.

Our young D have been doing their job by steering Montreal forwards towards the boards for a bad angle shot at best. But when those bad angle shots turn in to goals or juicy rebounds, there's only one player you can blame...the goalie.

Boston should not be trailing in this series ! Boston should not have been put into a postion of having to stave off a comeback in game 3 !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't care how long you've been watching because I don't think you've been paying attention.  For one thing, in your 40 year history of watching hockey, do you happen to remember the days before goalie coaches - you know, about half that long ago?  Remember when goaltending was just this mysterious thing some guys could do and some couldn't?  Remember coaches dancing with the girl what brung 'em?

Too much concern with how they won.  It's playoffs.  If they win 20-19, I just don't freaking care.

Once again: scoreboard.  It renders your arguments invalid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : I've been watching hockey for 40 years and I can tell you this... I've never seen a goalie let in soft goals in 3 consecutive playoff games. Know why? Because good coaches put a stop to such a show of incompetence before it's too late. Julien has something to learn. Our young D have been doing their job by steering Montreal forwards towards the boards for a bad angle shot at best. But when those bad angle shots turn in to goals or juicy rebounds, there's only one player you can blame...the goalie. Boston should not be trailing in this series ! Boston should not have been put into a postion of having to stave off a comeback in game 3 !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

This is just noise pollution.  Name an elite goalie who never let in a soft goal and then I'll prove you wrong with a youtube link.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Again.  Elite goalies DO let in soft goals.  Just not EVERY playoff game.

Show me an elite goalie who lets in a bad goal every playoff game.  It appears TT is the first elite goalie to play this way or he isn't really that elite after all.

Which is it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Oh wait...Grant Fuhr had a similar tendency to let in a stinker on a nightly basis during the playoffs.  Considering how the Oilers could score, anyone of 10-15 goalies in the NHL at the time could have done the job imo.

The 2011 B's don't have that same luxury so the bad goals need to be cut down big time if this team has any chance of moving on. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Oh my god. We are still talking about the two goals?? Did he win the game? Did he make great saves to preserve the win? Unless your going to blame TT for the power play, which I'm sure is around the corner with the lack of logic here, it is a NON issue.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

By allowing those goals when he did he changed the momentum of the game.  I saw a Scabs team that was looking listless and defeated but then TT steps up with a softy to give them reason to believe.  Then just when it looks like the Bruins are starting to take Momentum again another softy and more reason to believe for the Scabs.  If the Bruins had kept the momentum and won that game 4 or 5 nothing I would really like their chances of winning game 4.  But now I don't because TT gave up 2 softies and changed the momentum in Montreal's favor going in to game 4.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

This thread also needs the reminder that Rask as a rookie won as many playoff series as TT has in his career.

When the Playoff pressure
    Is on
    The great play of Tim Thomas
    is gone

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I been ???????????????? mark the Bruins not just Thomas. I have hard time with Thomas but his overall attitude makes up for it. And I am hoping that Tim Thomas will have a book about his life because I will definitely read it. He does let in goals at the wrong time but also makes big saves when needed so I will keep my hope on Thomas. The Bruins d men will have to still step it up a notch.Undecided

Loungo had a bad gm. 4 in Chicago, Miller in Gm.2, Quick in GM. 3,so far the most consistent goalie which does not surprise me is Lundquist from my point of view is the best goalie in the league.( but he also has a stubborn team in front of him that lead in block shots).

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]Put the same microscope on Price... Out of position from overplaying a shot leads to empty net for Horton.  Then, making a bad play on the puck leads to an empty net goal for Peverly.  BTW- that was the GAME WINNER and softest goal of the series.  People will only be happy when TT has a shutout.  Personally, i'll take the W!
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Who cares what mistakes Price makes? We want him out of postion and providing juicy rebounds. Back to Tim Thomas, the flaws in his game become amplified in the playoffs - which is the same for any player but for a goaltender they're even more evident and critical. Particularly when facing players like Gionta, who make their living as opportunists. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Thomas has proven nothing in the playoffs other than he can't make crucial saves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas has proven nothing in the playoffs other than he can't make crucial saves.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    A more accurate statement may be that he doesn't make enough crucial saves to give his team time to score a crucial goal.  It's easy to forget the saves he does make and focus on the ones he doesn't.  It's that whole confirmation bias again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

I've always liked Timmy, but you have to admit that he got MTL back in the game with the 2 soft goals. He did save the game in the 3rd but shouldn't have had to if he hadn't gotten MTL back in the game by giving those 2 easy goals.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care how long you've been watching because I don't think you've been paying attention.  For one thing, in your 40 year history of watching hockey, do you happen to remember the days before goalie coaches - you know, about half that long ago?  Remember when goaltending was just this mysterious thing some guys could do and some couldn't?  Remember coaches dancing with the girl what brung 'em? Too much concern with how they won.  It's playoffs.  If they win 20-19, I just don't freaking care. Once again: scoreboard.  It renders your arguments invalid.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Just what I thought ...another hockey 'fan' who thinks he's watching basketball !