Still questioning TT????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Re: Still questioning TT????

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT????:
    In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : This is just noise pollution.  Name an elite goalie who never let in a soft goal and then I'll prove you wrong with a youtube link.
    Posted by hangnail

I don't converse with 12 year old fans that sulk when their opinions are questioned !

BYE !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : By allowing those goals when he did he changed the momentum of the game.  I saw a Scabs team that was looking listless and defeated but then TT steps up with a softy to give them reason to believe.  Then just when it looks like the Bruins are starting to take Momentum again another softy and more reason to believe for the Scabs.  If the Bruins had kept the momentum and won that game 4 or 5 nothing I would really like their chances of winning game 4.  But now I don't because TT gave up 2 softies and changed the momentum in Montreal's favor going in to game 4.
    Posted by Orrthebest

Couldn't have said it better myself !

ThanksOrr ! I was beginning to think this board had absolutely no hope !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

As in any playoffs and this year is no different, a teams goalie will generally have to steal a game or two to move on in the playoffs. Does TT have it in him, time will tell. In my opinion so far in his playoff career with the B's he has never stolen a game. One of the first two games of this series would have been a perfect time but as we've seen he couldn't do it. Like i said, time will tell and i hope TT is the guy. Maybe he's just getting warmed up and the best is yet to come. We're all allowed to dream, aren't we?
    Posted by 50belowzero

I agree !

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Who cares what mistakes Price makes? We want him out of postion and providing juicy rebounds. Back to Tim Thomas, the flaws in his game become amplified in the playoffs - which is the same for any player but for a goaltender they're even more evident and critical. Particularly when facing players like Gionta, who make their living as opportunists. 
    Posted by Shadowcpt

Another well thought out post ! Thansk you !

I truly hope Bruin management is reading this !!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Oh my god. We are still talking about the two goals?? Did he win the game? Did he make great saves to preserve the win? Unless your going to blame TT for the power play, which I'm sure is around the corner with the lack of logic here, it is a NON issue.
    Posted by kelvana33

NO ! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 4 SOFT GOALS IN 3 playoff games !

Inexcusable .  We could have used the $5.mil + Ryder's $4 mil to pay for Shea Webers contract ...but that's another story.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

It's so nice to have some people on ignore!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Who cares what mistakes Price makes? We want him out of postion and providing juicy rebounds. Back to Tim Thomas, the flaws in his game become amplified in the playoffs - which is the same for any player but for a goaltender they're even more evident and critical. Particularly when facing players like Gionta, who make their living as opportunists. 
    Posted by Shadowcpt

You overlook one other FLAW in his game- he has been the BEST goalie in the NHL for 2 of the last 3 years!

The B's did not lose 2 games in this series because of him or because of 'opportunists'.  They lost 2 games because they scored a total of 1 goal!!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In order to rate the play of TT, let's look at some FACTS.  After 3 playoff games, here is how many goals each team has given up:

Caps:4 Goals allowed
    MLT: 5
    VAN: 5
    NYR: 6
    BOS:7
    TB: 7
    Pit: 7
    Phi: 7
    DET: 7
    Buf:9
    LAK: 9
    CHI: 9
    NAS: 9
    SJS: 11
    ANA: 11
    PHX: 12

As you can see, the B's are not scoring. TT is doing better than most playoff goalies and even better if you consider Luongo gave up 7 goals in game 4!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Is TT really doing better than "most" playoff goalies when he has yet to play a clean game and has given up 1.5 bad goals imo per playoff game?  These "FACTS" are a teams GA and tell no other story aside from how many pucks crossed the line against a specific team.  Show me the stats or "FACTS" that tell us how many of these goals are considered weak.  It's subjective I know but after watching brutal rebounds handed out in the first two games and impossible angle dribblers going throw TT's five hole in game 3, those are the "FACTS" I am interested in exploring.  The Bruins will not win unless he stops giving up these kinds of goals at this current pace.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Here's something we can all agree on, unless you're a worthless Hab's fan, GO BRUINS! We need a win Thursday night bad. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Thank goodness coach didn't put the Finished Finnish flash in the pan in net. He can't stop a beachball and can't beat teams that make the playoffs. At least Rask will bring a good fourth liner in a trade this summer.
    Posted by tukka-fall

OMG! You're a broken record just like RMiller! I wonder why the similarities?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

This thread also needs the reminder that Rask as a rookie won as many playoff series as TT has in his career. When the Playoff pressure Is on The great play of Tim Thomas is gone
    Posted by Orrthebest

TT also is the only Bruin goalie that has had brought the B's back after being down 3-1 in TWICE! Rask is the ONLY Bruin goalie to allow a team to come back from a 3-0 series lead & the only goalie in NHL HISTORY to allow a team to come back from a 3-0 lead in a game 7. On top of allowing the series lead to slip. So your arguement is invalid!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : I don't converse with 12 year old fans that sulk when their opinions are questioned ! BYE !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

And you're acting older by arguing with one? LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Not true.  There were times this year when people complained about his play during a shutout too.
    Posted by DrCC

And they'll still complain when he wins another Vezina, another Crozier award, a Stanley Cup & the Conn Smythe! They'll never be human enough to be admit they're wrong about the guy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

TT was very good in game 3 and the reason they won the game.I don't mind a weak goal when it is 3-0,I mind it early in the game [like in game 2] when it puts the team in the hole .The weak goal he let in ,in game 1 didn't really cost them the game ,the B's lack of offense did .They weren't going to score late in that game ,no way ,it just wasn't in the cards.TT redeemed himself in game 3 we will obviously have to wait and see how the series unfolds but I don't think TT will ultimately be the reason the B's don't move on .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Still questioning TT???? : Why would management read the stupidity you and your other name writes. It's all just hogwash, learn todays game and get your butt out of 1972 when the game was different!!!
    Posted by juniorfalcons19

I don't know where you're going with the references to Grampa's hockey and 1972.When exactly were the days of winning 1-0 and 2-1 games? We are in the midst of some of the lowest scoring,league wide,in hockey's modern era.The '72 Bruins scored 330 goals in 78 games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Chara was still feeling the effects of the sickness, he did not play with his normal energy.  The rest of the defense played much better.  The offense kinda left Timmah in the lurch the last period.  I did not like the panic, but I did like the victory.  Time to hammer Les Canadien in game 4.  
    Posted by islamorada

Down 2-1 in Montreal and this is it.   I say come out banging.  Goon it up! 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Wow this tread is still going and some people are still trying to make us believe that TT's goals where not softies... incredible!  One thing is for sure if TT had been that good so far no one would be arguying in here!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

To the TT Bashers:  Might want to get behind this guy, because he will be playing the rest of the way.  This team owes a ton of credit to their regular season success to what he delevered during the year and now is not the time for Tuukka.  In the off-season, he will then collect his 2nd Vezina Trophy in three years, but I hope he is happier celebrating his name on the Cup.

To the Timmy Fanboys:  You might want to open your minds to some constructive criticism about your binky.  Game 3 saw two absolutely putrid goals allowed, and that's on top of the bad Game 1 goal and the two bad rebounds in Game 2.  TT needs to be better in this series if the B's have any chance of pulling this series out and advancing in the playoffs.

I consider myself in neither camp, but am pulling for Thomas and the B's all the way! 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts