Still some decent UFA's out there.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Still some decent UFA's out there.

Guys still without a team, perhaps teams waiting to see how the CBA pans out or players waiting for an opening via injury. Or, maybe there just isnt a market for them...

Jason Blake
    Andrew Brunette
    Brendan Morrison
    Matt Hunwick
    Kristian Huselius
    Radek Dvorak
    Fabian Brunnstrom
    Tomas Holmstrom
    Cam Barker
    Kurtis Foster
    Jason Arnott
    Byron Bitz
    Ales Kotalik
    John Madden
    Chris Campoli
    Pavel Kubina

They are still listed as UFA's..I think the Bruins roster is pretty much set, though Holmstrom intrigues me. I wonder what he still has left in the tank, he could help out the power play. Also, I thought Hunwicks game was starting to improve when he was dealt to the Avs. Didn't improve much or at all once he landed there but I'd look at him as a depth guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Still some decent UFA's out there.

In Response to Still some decent UFA's out there.:
    Guys still without a team, perhaps teams waiting to see how the CBA pans out or players waiting for an opening via injury. Or, maybe there just isnt a market for them... Jason Blake Andrew Brunette Brendan Morrison Matt Hunwick Kristian Huselius Radek Dvorak Fabian Brunnstrom Tomas Holmstrom Cam Barker Kurtis Foster Jason Arnott Byron Bitz Ales Kotalik John Madden Chris Campoli Pavel Kubina They are still listed as UFA's..I think the Bruins roster is pretty much set, though Holmstrom intrigues me. I wonder what he still has left in the tank, he could help out the power play. Also, I thought Hunwicks game was starting to improve when he was dealt to the Avs. Didn't improve much or at all once he landed there but I'd look at him as a depth guy.
    Posted by kelvana33

Extended by Av's.

Wonder if Holmstrom would sign anywhere other than Detroit. He'd be more useful than Thornton on the fourth line and could help on the PP. He could also teach some of these guys how to play in front of the net (Lucic)..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Still some decent UFA's out there.:
    Guys still without a team, perhaps teams waiting to see how the CBA pans out or players waiting for an opening via injury. Or, maybe there just isnt a market for them... Jason Blake Andrew Brunette Brendan Morrison Matt Hunwick Kristian Huselius Radek Dvorak Fabian Brunnstrom Tomas Holmstrom Cam Barker Kurtis Foster Jason Arnott Byron Bitz Ales Kotalik John Madden Chris Campoli Pavel Kubina They are still listed as UFA's..I think the Bruins roster is pretty much set, though Holmstrom intrigues me. I wonder what he still has left in the tank, he could help out the power play. Also, I thought Hunwicks game was starting to improve when he was dealt to the Avs. Didn't improve much or at all once he landed there but I'd look at him as a depth guy.
    Posted by kelvana33

Capgeek has Hunwick on Colorado's roster with a couple years left on the deal.I think he's a ufa in 2014-2015.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

My mistake on Hunwick, I went by Tsn.ca, sorry if there are more that have signed, guess they havent updated it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=38580

None the less, still some interesting names out there. not to beat a dead horse, but I'd like to see a player like Kotalik on the fourth line instead of an enforcer. Even a player like Holmstrom, near the end but we all know how CJ rolls 4 lines, he'd get some ice time and power play time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Under the owners' proposal— issued in July — the players' share in revenue would be cut from 57 percent to 43 percent and would include a change to the way the salary cap is calculated. Instead of being set at $8 million above the midpoint (total league revenues divided by 30 teams), the upper limit would be reduced to $4 million above. As a result, the salary cap would drop to $50.8 million next season, which is below where the floor currently rests."

Where might the compromise be ? Cap ceiling at $64M ? $60M ?...

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

Lets say the owners refuse to move of their initial offer of wanting the cap only $4M above the cap floor and then it drops significantly. Chiarelli just might have to dismantle his team so you can forget adding anymore players to the Bruins.

Three of Chiarelli's recent re-signings have full NTCs. Where do you chop ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Still some decent UFA's out there.:
    In Response to Still some decent UFA's out there. : Extended by Av's. Wonder if Holmstrom would sign anywhere other than Detroit. He'd be more useful than Thornton on the fourth line and could help on the PP. He could also teach some of these guys how to play in front of the net (Lucic)..
    Posted by Bisson1

According to Holmstrom that's unlikely.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/free_agency/2012/07/16/thomas_holmstrom_free_agent_detroit_red_wings_or_bust/#.UDACORXKGBs.email

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Byron Bitz and "decent" only go together if it's "decent candidate for a nose job" or "decent candidate to never play in the NHL again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

Byron Bitz and "decent" only go together if it's "decent candidate for a nose job" or "decent candidate to never play in the NHL again.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

LOL....you got that one perfect. ECHL decent candidate maybe!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Jason Blake is still good for 15-25 goals right? How much does he get paid though?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Jason Blake is still good for 15-25 goals right? How much does he get paid though?
    Posted by G4ck5

He's coming off that 5 year $20 million deal he signed with the Leafs as an Islander UFA in 07/08.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Lets not forget Sykora. Shawn Thornton is a UFA, OH! wait PC signed him?

I would take a gamble on Fabian Brunstrom, but only one year contract.
    Always liked Jason Arnott always been a good utility player.

First thing for the NHL at the moment is a season to worry about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lets not forget Sykora. Shawn Thornton is a UFA, OH! wait PC signed him? I would take a gamble on Fabian Brunstrom, but only one year contract. Always liked Jason Arnott always been a good utility player. First thing for the NHL at the moment is a season to worry about.
    Posted by boborielly224

Why?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the only guys of possible interest are Brunette and maybe Cam Barker, if they came on the cheap.  Blake does nothing but shoot like crazy, so he'll have 15 goals on 300 shots and he stinks at 5 on 5 play.

Brunette is a really good, smart player with a nose for the net, but he really doesn't skate that well and is definitely aging, so you'd really have to consider linemates that make sense for him.

98% chance that the answer is none of the above, mainly for the reasons Sandog mentioned...right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

from that list I like Tomas Holmstrom and Cam Barker.
    I like a Holmstrom in front of the net on the PP and maybe the other 4 guys might be able to create some movement with more open space.

Barker a former 1st rounder might not have been lucky with the teams he's played with . He might have been over hyped at the time , now he might just be solid vet D at a young age.  Could fit well when he doesn't have to play on 1st units.

Then again,  where will the money come from ? PC is strapped and yes with Savards LTIR , only when the season starts,  I don't think some of these guys will be available when PC decides to spend this reserve.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

from that list I like Tomas Holmstrom and Cam Barker. I like a Holmstrom in front of the net on the PP and maybe the other 4 guys might be able to create some movement with more open space. Barker a former 1st rounder might not have been lucky with the teams he's played with . He might have been over hyped at the time , now he might just be solid vet D at a young age.  Could fit well when he doesn't have to play on 1st units. Then again,  where will the money come from ? PC is strapped and yes with Savards LTIR , only when the season starts,  I don't think some of these guys will be available when PC decides to spend this reserve.
    Posted by BsLegion

That's the same way I feel about Barker.  He hasn't been great, but this may be an opportunity to sign a guy with a high-end ceiling at low cost.  Or, he might just continue to disappoint.  Who knows, but he intriguing.

I like Holmstrom, but I assume that he will be way too expensive.  Brunette might be a (kind of) similar player, who would be a lot cheaper.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chara Seidenberg
    McQuaid Ference
    Boychuk Hamilton/Krug/shut down Bartkowski/other rookie

I see no room for Cam Barker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Chara Seidenberg McQuaid Ference Boychuk Hamilton/Krug/shut down Bartkowski/other rookie I see no room for Cam Barker.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

so you finally believe Hamilton will make the team !  Glad you're on-board.
    You're right that if it pans out and Krug has the strength to play against the big boys there is no space for Barker. 
    He's just one on that list that I like and if there were room besides the 2 mentioned and un-expected reasons , I could see him panning out.
    LOL @ your comment on the shut down guy.... I think we'll be reading  lot of this from you .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

8% chance that the answer is none of the above, mainly for the reasons Sandog mentioned...right?
    Posted by Fletcher1

Hoping that the cap comes down a bit just not too dramatically

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

In Response to Still some decent UFA's out there. : Extended by Av's. Wonder if Holmstrom would sign anywhere other than Detroit. He'd be more useful than Thornton on the fourth line and could help on the PP. He could also teach some of these guys how to play in front of the net (Lucic)..
    Posted by Bisson1
    Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps Lucic isn't interested in "learning" how to play in front of the net? Maybe that's why he isn't a prominent member of the PP!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Still some decent UFA's out there. : so you finally believe Hamilton will make the team !  Glad you're on-board. You're right that if it pans out and Krug has the strength to play against the big boys there is no space for Barker.  He's just one on that list that I like and if there were room besides the 2 mentioned and un-expected reasons , I could see him panning out. LOL @ your comment on the shut down guy.... I think we'll be reading  lot of this from you .
    Posted by BsLegion

I am not sure if Hamilton will make the team, and my post doesn't say that I am.

I believe one of the guys I listed will be the #6.  It could be Hamilton, Krug, Matt "Mini-Chara" Bartkowski, or a surprise.  If one of them fail to make the roster, I am going to take the B's scouting department to the woodshed. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Still some decent UFA's out there. : I am not sure if Hamilton will make the team, and my post doesn't say that I am. I believe one of the guys I listed will be the #6.  It could be Hamilton, Krug, Matt "Mini-Chara" Bartkowski, or a surprise.  If one of them fail to make the roster, I am going to take the B's scouting department to the woodshed. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

ahh too bad I thought someone on here convinced you.  I didn't take it serious  along with your "mini Chara " comment.   LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Chara Seidenberg McQuaid Ference Boychuk Hamilton/Krug/shut down Bartkowski/other rookie I see no room for Cam Barker.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I don't either, really.  But defensmen get injured a lot and of the listed UFAs he seems a tiny bit more plausible than others.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Still some decent UFA's out there. : I don't either, really.  But defensmen get injured a lot and of the listed UFAs he seems a tiny bit more plausible than others.
    Posted by Fletcher1

he'll go somewhere where he is pretty sure he's in the top 6 or he'll wait til one goes down. I would be suprised if a team like Columbus or the Isles hasn't contacted him yet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Still some decent UFA's out there. : I am not sure if Hamilton will make the team, and my post doesn't say that I am. I believe one of the guys I listed will be the #6.  It could be Hamilton, Krug, Matt "Mini-Chara" Bartkowski, or a surprise.  If one of them fail to make the roster, I am going to take the B's scouting department to the woodshed. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

This thread is not about Hamilton,Krug,Chara,Seidenberg etc..They are all signed. This thread is about players that are currently UFA's.

Sections
Shortcuts