Story From Todays Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Story From Todays Game

Pictures or it didn't happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow.  What the hell??  Just lost some respect for Stan Kroenke.  He shouldn't be having his tickets scalped if he's so concerned about who's in there.  Weird.

I already mentioned in another post that I had a dream day at the Pepsi Center.  Great game, and then a friend got us down to the Bruins lockerroom afterwards to meet the players, which was really cool.

Great game, great day, sorry I missed you.  Go B's!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

That is awesome Fletcher1, I had that opportunity back in 2006 or 2007 (memory is going too). The same friend who got me into his suite for this game somehow knew Marty Lapointe and he got us into the Bruins locker room after the game too. The most surprising thing to me was that they were eating Dominoe's pizza in the locker room after the game. Good stuff, great game, Go Bruins!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Story From Todays Game:
    [QUOTE]That is awesome Fletcher1, I had that opportunity back in 2006 or 2007 (memory is going too). The same friend who got me into his suite for this game somehow knew Marty Lapointe and he got us into the Bruins locker room after the game too. The most surprising thing to me was that they were eating Dominoe's pizza in the locker room after the game. Good stuff, great game, Go Bruins!!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was funny.  They were kind of rushed to get to the bus as they are flying to LA tonight, but every single guy was really friendly and cool.  Signed whatever we wanted, posed for pictures, and were fun to talk to.  It renewed my faith that the guys I root for are actually cool people off the ice.  Most friendly were Thornton, Thomas, Ference, McQuaid, and Chara.  What a fun day. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Difficult to believe.

The owner's suite should be the best in the house with tons of personal stuff there.  It's not like they're going to let an entire group of strangers come on in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"I will for sure be at the game and will be sporting my alternate style Lucic jersey. As it turns out I have a friend who is getting me into one of the suites for the game (just found out today), won't know which suite until tomorrow but hopefully Bruins attack zone twice."

Why would you buy expensive tickets on the street when you were already primed for the suite level?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

In Response to Story From Todays Game:
    [QUOTE]So I scalped a pair of tix for the game today and as it turns out they were for a suite in the Pepsi Center, I had thought they were 1st row Club Level seats but my eyes had deceived me (I think I'm going to need glasses soon but that's another story). So my wife and I enter the suite, me dressed in my Alt Bruins Lucic Jersey and wearing my Winter Classic Pom Pom hat and just a bit fired up for some hockey. The guests that were already there are geared up in Av's stuff and I get the ooo's and ahhh's as I walk in. Now you can imagine that I'm already a little uncomfortable walking in on a Suite and not knowing who's it is and who I will be watching the game with and I'm thinking to myself whats going on, who's suite is this? I have scalped a lot of tickets in my day but never tickets to a suite so I ask the people that are already in the suite who it belongs to and they say that they scalped the tix outside as well and that they don't know. So I'm feeling good about the situation and I sit down to get ready for some hockey and I get a tap on the shoulder, I look over and it is an older female usher with one of those walkie talkie's on hers shoulder and she asks if she can have a word with me. So I'm thinking uh oh, this is not good and we proceed to walk out into the common area and she asks where I got the tix from and I tell that I had got them outside, she proceeds to tell me that the suite that I'm in is Stan Kroenke's (Av's Owner) and that a friend of hers who was also in the suite had texted her to tell her that a Bruins fan in full garb was in the suite repping the Bruins hard. She proceeds to tell me that all of the tix for the suite had been scalped and that she would let me stay under one condition...remove my jersey and hat and do not cheer for my team. Being a fairly mellow guy and of course wanting to sit and watch the game I accept the terms and go back to my seat. You can imagine the pain holding in my emotions when the Bruins scored their first goal and then their second, not a peep from me. At the end of the period my wife and I went to visit a friend in another suite (re-dressed in full Bruins garb) and stayed there for the rest of the game (much better situation, fully catered). Can you believe they asked me to remove my gear in order to sit in the owners box? Ultimately I had no problem with it as Kroenke is a good owner and I felt it would be respectful to do so. Great win by the Bruins and a good story for the future.
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Very funny. Good story, thanks for sharing.