Streit and St. Louis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Streit and St. Louis

Whitney and Clowe would be a waste, in that they don't get us close enough to compete with Pittsburgh.  Only alternative that would be deemed a success is obtaining Streit and St. Louis.  Chiarelli can't panic and just make a move(s) to try and make a splash! If that moron Dupont doesn't stop that personal crusade for Gonchar........I don't know what I'll do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Streit and St. Louis

you aren't thinking of this logically. If the price for Streit and St. Louis (neither are necessarily on the market) is astronomical, it isn't worth it. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

you aren't thinking of this logically. If the price for Streit and St. Louis (neither are necessarily on the market) is astronomical, it isn't worth it. 

Yeah okay Spock!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Cam - Martin St. Louis is not even on the market by all indications. A beat writer in Tampa wrote in his column that maybe the bolts should consider trading St. Louis and he qualified this as speculation on his part and there is no indication that the team is considering trading him. Somehow this has spread accross the hockey world as MSL is on the block. It's just not going to happen so get over your disappointment now and get it over with. There's a better chance of you being selected #1 in the next NHL draft.

As for Streit...this is a long shot and probably wouldn't happen unless PC overpays which is pretty unlikely. the Islanders are also in the hunt for making the playoffs so that makes them buyers before sellers, at least at the moment. There is the possibility of them making a trade that improves them as well as their trading partner which would mean Boston is even less likely to dance with them as they are probably not giving up anything off their roster that the Islanders would want. Plus I think they are more likely to trade Visnovsky before Streit. he never wanted to be there to begin with.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

The problem with obtaining St Louis would be his Contract i think he has 2 years left with a pretty hi cap hit. We have the space this year but going forward it would be an issue.

Do not get me wrong though i would love to have him.

I think Streit is a free agent at the end of the year I also heardNYI wants to resign him and he wants to stay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

seeking Streit is reasonable, as well as making Krug a permanent part of the B's defense. According to other reports, there is no way St. louis is available. But, as PC tried to do, acquiring another solid scorer is one of his goals. If Claude can stimulate Kreji's linemates, that may not be as crucial as evolving the 3rd line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

The problem with obtaining St Louis would be his Contract i think he has 2 years left with a pretty hi cap hit. We have the space this year but going forward it would be an issue.

I think Streit is a free agent at the end of the year I also heardNYI wants to resign him and he wants to stay.

Actually , its a very reasonable cap hit.  Its 1.25M more than Hortons.  (Horton is a flat 4, St Louis is 5.25)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

that is the exact opposite of what the case is. He's a contract we want. Drewski, i could be wrong but i believe his cap hit is 5.625. Still very very reasonable. The Bruins need contracts like that. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

that is the exact opposite of what the case is. He's a contract we want. Drewski, i could be wrong but i believe his cap hit is 5.625. Still very very reasonable. The Bruins need contracts like that. 

The problem is more of what do you give up to get him.won't be draft picks,or prospects,do you trade Horton for him?

why not draft picks? they aren't a playoff team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Cam - Martin St. Louis is not even on the market by all indications.

Yes, but he is on the market by some indications.  (See what I did there?)

;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

He's a contract that you overpay for (in terms of acquisition cost).  He's a contract that when a team says, "he's not available", you respond with: "let me see if I can blow you away"

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

The problem is more of what do you give up to get him.won't be draft picks,or prospects,do you trade Horton for him?

Bruins: How about Bartkowski, Koko, and a first?

TB: Hes not available

Bruins: Howa about Subban, Bartkowski, and a first

TB: Maybe for Subban, Koko, and a first

And even if you think that price tag is too much, you have succeeded (you have gotten the GM to engage)

Selling 101.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

You can always say something like: I know he's not available, but can you do me a favor (just to help me gauge the market)...If you were theoretically willing to trade him, what would you ask for.

If TB responds with an offer (no matter how rediculous it is), you have won.  You have gotten them to engage. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Yzerman just stated that St. Louis is not available. Where did I hear that before? lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

If Yzerman sits down and looks at the player, here are the following reasons he could find to trade him. 

1. I don't see us making the playoffs over the duration of his contract, i can get the most value now - he's not saying that. 

2. We're in need of a major rebuild - he's not saying that. 

3. he doesn't serve a purpose on this team going forward - there are a LOT of kids he's mentoring. 

4. He is blown away by an offer. - If you want MSL, it will cost malcom subban

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

St. Louis is going to Pittsburgh too if he becomes available.  Supposedly the Pens will have to give up 2 high school prospects that they are thinking about drafting. 

Streit is not going anywhere as long as the Isles remain in the hunt.  I would love to have Streit...

Now for the highly illogical...

Thinking outside the box a bit... Yes, this is crazy by all accounts and purely reactionary, but just what if....the B's shocked the world and traded for Ovechkin.  I know his defensive skills and contract suck royally, but he's a threat offensively everywhere on the ice and can also bang.  Is there a way this could work?  If there was ever a forward that I would take and sacrafice some of the defensive liability, it would be him.  Not sure how $ would exchange to make it fit. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

St. Louis is going to Pittsburgh too if he becomes available.  Supposedly the Pens will have to give up 2 high school prospects that they are thinking about drafting. 

Streit is not going anywhere as long as the Isles remain in the hunt.  I would love to have Streit...

Thinking outside the box a bit... Yes, this is crazy by all accounts and purely reactionary, but just what if....the B's shocked the world and traded for Ovechkin.  I know his defensive skills and contract suck royally, but he's a threat offensively everywhere on the ice and can also bang.  Is there a way this could work?  If there was ever a forward that I would take and sacrafice some of the defensive liability, it would be him.  Not sure how $ would exchange to make it fit. 

But he's not available.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

i would never in a million years take on that contract unless washington paid half of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Ovechkin cap hit per year $9,538,462.  Iginla is a $7,000,000 but expires this year.

Long term, I would do it if the Caps cushioned the cap hit blow. It would be like paying Ovechkin, Horton's $ once he walks next year.

If the Caps did not cushion the blow, the Bruins also have the option of playing dirty by treating him like a rental at the prorated price, and then pull a Gomez exception on his azzz for next year and let him walk. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Ha Haha!  I like that.  Also, My whole premise here was that if we want to combat what Pitt has done than this is what needs to be done.  I'm not saying Chiarelli can.  The cap hit works and if anyone has cap questions, you have to go to capgeek.com (best available site for any cap questions).  I know most of you knew that already.  I'd take Yandle too.  The whole location thing is a mess and maybe we could put together some type of uber prospect package, without giving up a roster player (except Caron).

;)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to CamOJonasink's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Ha Haha!  I like that.  Also, My whole premise here was that if we want to combat what Pitt has done than this is what needs to be done.  I'm not saying Chiarelli can.  The cap hit works and if anyone has cap questions, you have to go to capgeek.com (best available site for any cap questions).  I know most of you knew that already.  I'd take Yandle too.  The whole location thing is a mess and maybe we could put together some type of uber prospect package, without giving up a roster player (except Caron).

;)

Good points.  Im not saying that he is available.  Im just saying that sometimes, "hes not available" is GM speak for "hes not available unless you blow me away"

St Louis is a player who I would make a "blow you away" package for.

Id do Subban, Caron, and a 1st