Streit To Hit The Open Market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Streit To Hit The Open Market

Well it looks as if Islanders management thought they came just a little tooooooooo close to winning a playoff round. As a result, they're getting set to watch their captain walk away with no compensation in return. I haven't heard how much they'd offered him to stay. I was personally looking forward to seeing how they'd go about improving in the off-season. I guess I got my answer.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=672908&navid=nhl:topheads

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Re: Streit To Hit The Open Market

Very good defenseman.

I would love to see him in a B's uniform. Just don't see it happening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sheesh, just when it looked like Snow had stopped screwing up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He wants 5.5 on a one year deal or will take a lower amount of around 4.7 x 3.  

Hes a good mobile dman.  Hello philly?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I remember scoffing a bit at Gonchar's deal heading to Ottawa but that turned out well and I think he was 39 when he signed the 3 year deal. Detroit and/or Toronto are some other landing spots that would pay Streit. He looks to me like he has plenty left in the tank.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I like Streit a lot, but if I am a GM, I would be scared off of signing any 35+ contracts with more than 2 years commitment.

I think Thomas has made me a little gun-shy :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

The Islanders' problems aren't in the GM's heads.  It's not Snow, and it wasn't Milbury.  This is Wang.  Again.

As for Streit, I'm interested in seeing what he gets paid.  I bet he rakes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I love Streit and would love to see him as a Bruin although I know there is no way in the world it could happen. I went to see the Isles play the Rangers and the Penguins a few weeks ago and fans were praying that Streit wouldn't get "Wang-ed". That guy has to be one of the best owners in the league for shooting himself in the foot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Not surprising...we'll likely see a lot of talented, high ticket players hit the free agent market this offseason since the cap is dropping significantly. Streit, Ryder and many others will be options for other teams once all the dust settles.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Islanders' problems aren't in the GM's heads.  It's not Snow, and it wasn't Milbury.  This is Wang.  Again.

As for Streit, I'm interested in seeing what he gets paid.  I bet he rakes.

[/QUOTE]

Boyes is apparently also unlikely to return. I guess he played too well also. It's just a shame to see Tavares getting talent taken away from him especially considering he signed a reasonable deal to stay there. I would think he was expecting some more help. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I would love to see Streit in the black & gold, but the Bs will need to fill roster spots with all of Daug, Jagr, Pandolpho, Redden, Johnson, Ference and Horton likely walking.

We all know the goalies need contracts.

Also don't look now, but Bergeron, Seidenberg and Krejci all need to be re-upped very soon. We may see the Peverly and Kelly contracts continue for next year simply because they need the bodies, then PC will most likely have to buy one of them out to get some cash for his top players.

I don't envy the job he has in the next 2 seasons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

He's gonna be able to name his own price.

I'll bet there are 10 teams drooling over him already, probably more (Broad Street blog is already considering him an option in Philly).

Always been a fan (even as a Shab). Very responsible and creative player.

Only downside is his age.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Am I wrong in thinking that Bergeron signed a multi-year deal within the last 2 years?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Am I wrong in thinking that Bergeron signed a multi-year deal within the last 2 years?

Lam, he signed a 3 year extension before the 2011-12 season so it expires after next season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Very good defenseman.

Bruins dont need him with the emergence of Krug, Bartkowski and Hamilton. spend the money on something else

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Now that we have Krug ..we dont need Streit ....Krug will match Sreit's total points next season

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Very good defenseman.

Bruins dont need him with the emergence of Krug, Bartkowski and Hamilton. spend the money on something else

[/QUOTE]

They've been great, but lets not get ahead of our selves here. However, I do agree about putting money else where. Rask is the priority & if I'm PC I do what I can to keep Horton unless he goes MIA from here on out.