STRIKE OVER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

STRIKE OVER?

CBS sports just announced that the lockout may be over.  The league is supposed to make an announcement tomorrow.  Anyone else here this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: STRIKE OVER?

Nope. hope so but highly doubt it happens.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dbg1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

CBS sports just announced that the lockout may be over.  The league is supposed to make an announcement tomorrow.  Anyone else here this?

[/QUOTE]

The only news I've seen regarding tomorrow is the proposed meeting between both sides minus Fehr and Bettman.  Just checked CBSSports.com and their headlines include the possibility of Crosby and Toews being among those to represent the players at this meeting and Bettman being the commissioner during three lockouts thus reinforcing his spot as the most unpopular man in hockey.   There wasn't anything about the supposed end of the lockout.  Would be nice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dbg1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only news I've seen regarding tomorrow is the proposed meeting between both sides minus Fehr and Bettman.  Just checked CBSSports.com and their headlines include the possibility of Crosby and Toews being among those to represent the players at this meeting and Bettman being the commissioner during three lockouts thus reinforcing his spot as the most unpopular man in hockey.   There wasn't anything about the supposed end of the lockout.  Would be nice.

[/QUOTE]

I was watching the local news CBS-WBZ when the sports announcer said that the news was just coming in and an announcement was coming tomorrow.  Can't find anything about it on the web...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

WBZ Boston Sports @wbzsports

WBZ's Steve Burton reports that a deal to save the #nhl season could be announced tomorrow or Wednesday

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Then CBS WBZ was wrong.

The owners or NHLPA or Fehr or Bettman haven't had any meetings since last week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Very interested to know what the owners had to give up to get this deal done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And nobody has the story except for Steve Burton?

Steve Burton barely knows what hockey is.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And nobody has the story except for Steve Burton?

Steve Burton barely knows what hockey is.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. How the heck does Steve Burton have this and not one mention of it on TSN.ca?

The only thing I can possibly think of, is Donald Fehr doesnt like the fact that something may get done without him and is making a move here. Now, while Burton cares about hockey as much as I care about politics he may have an inside source with Fehr. Unlikely, but it's the only thing I can come up with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

WBZ Boston Sports @wbzsports

WBZ's Steve Burton reports #nhl talks have made great progress behind closed doors and it looks like the season will be salvaged -

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WBZ Boston Sports ‏@wbzsports

WBZ's Steve Burton reports #nhl talks have made great progress behind closed doors and it looks like the season will be salvaged -

[/QUOTE]

horseshit

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/03/sources-significant-progress-made-towards-ending-nhl-lockout/

I haven't watched WBZ in a long, long time so I have no idea who this guy is or his credibility.

NAS - Are you saying that you have no reason not to believe this is an "Eklund Moment" ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This is Steve Burton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Burton_(sports_journalist)

And from what I've seen of him he's the typical football, baseball, basket and ................................................ hockey type of sports anchor.

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that he scooped this over everyone else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Wow, Steve Burton beats Mackenzie & Dreger with the biggest news of the lockout, unbelievable. Steve, you da man !!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Hagg's mentioned that he was the one who broke the Kessel cancer story.  So this might have some merit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/03/sources-significant-progress-made-towards-ending-nhl-lockout/

I haven't watched WBZ in a long, long time so I have no idea who this guy is or his credibility.

NAS - Are you saying that you have no reason not to believe this is an "Eklund Moment" ?

[/QUOTE]

WBZ is a real channel with real news people.  Yeah, they have their bums, but I can't imagine they'd let something like this through without some substance behind it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hagg's mentioned that he was the one who broke the Kessel cancer story.  So this might have some merit.

[/QUOTE]

Hockey fans can only hope but somehow i have my doubts. Not to say there won't be anything positive out of the meeting tomorrow, i certainly will keep my fingers crossed. I read on the CBS sports/hockey site that Bill Daly denied the story and said it was entirely false, but maybe Burton's source is higher up than Daly (;

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I'll believe this when I hear it from a credible hockey reporter.

Though, to be perfectly honest, I don't want to hear another G.D. thing about negotiations until a deal is done, or the season is cancelled.

And if the latter, then I'm done with hockey forever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Though, to be perfectly honest, I don't want to hear another G.D. thing about negotiations until a deal is done, or the season is cancelled.

[/QUOTE]

Gory detailed ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who is a credible hockey reporter?  Bob MacKenzie?  Scott Cullen?  Darren Dreger?  While he may not be writing hockey stories on a daily basis, Boston news crews are pretty good.  And honesty, F Bob MacKenzie and all of his followers.  People would take a bullet for the guy and for what?  Because he's "always right"?  He guesses like anyone else and reports most things when it's already known.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who is a credible hockey reporter?  Bob MacKenzie?  Scott Cullen?  Darren Dreger?  While he may not be writing hockey stories on a daily basis, Boston news crews are pretty good.  And honesty, F Bob MacKenzie and all of his followers.  People would take a bullet for the guy and for what?  Because he's "always right"?  He guesses like anyone else and reports most things when it's already known.

[/QUOTE]

Does guessing mean talking to his NHL sources behind the scenes ? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very interested to know what the owners had to give up to get this deal done.

[/QUOTE]

.......and the players. Decertification ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that he scooped this over everyone else.

[/QUOTE]

Actually here's a scoop refuting his story. On the flip side I can't find anything at all that agrees with his "scoop". If it happens I'll take it as him hitting the lottery and having a lucky guess. 

Source: Report NHL Lockout Nearing End 'Interesting, But Not True'

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: Burton breaking the Kessel cancer story.

Yah, that would make sense.  Burton is a local guy, his father was in pro sports, he has local resources and the pro athletes have a tendency to use the same medical resources.

For example, an MRI place in Boston advertised heavily that served the Patriots and Bruins.

Picking up on a LOCAL athlete's disease by a LOCAL news guy DOES NOT give him credibility in that sport.

And yes, WBZ news has been around since forever, but no news network is infallible.

Sections
Shortcuts