STRIKE OVER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

Re: STRIKE OVER?

Dont beleive everything from Jim  Bob Walton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like MacKenzie, I think he is very good at what he does. For me, I really look forward to what he has to say, especially leading up to the trade deadline and draft. I think he's very good at what he does and from what i understand he is well respected throughout the league. I absolutley love his response to the report by Steve Burton. Proffesionalism at it's finest right there.

Him, Peter King and Peter Gammons are the top 3 in their proffession as far as I'm concerned. When theyre coming on the radio, i wait in my car to see what they have to say. Now does everything they report come to fruition? No, but I'd be willing to bet theydid theyre homework and dont just throw things against the wall to see what sticks.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of that, Chowda.  I just don't take his word as gospel as others do.  I don't really pay much attention at all to any predictions or rumors during the season.  If the guy is right, I'll know about it because it happened.  If he's wrong, I won't have spent any time thinking about it.

[/QUOTE]

Chowda is not in on this one...................but since my name's be mentioned........

I'll agree that B Mac is the best. Is he right every time ? Who is ? But when it comes to being "the voice of reason" ( sorry Fletch ) of hockey among the media he is at the top of my list. 

If someone said to me I take his word as gospel, I would say this is a misrepresentation of my ideas of his reporting. Most here are probably of the same opinion of him as I do.

When he talks I listen........and then I go from there.

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said Chowda & that's my sentiment about BM, Dreger & as I've mentioned before Pierre LeBrun is really starting to show he knows what's going on. He's had a few things over the years, but really did it for me was he reported about Thomas' sabatical before anyone else. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

It isn't done to support my argument.  I've been saying this for years.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever NAS! If you think that BM & Dreger aren't the best in the business of hockey reporting you really haven't got a clue & your head is so far up your behind you can almost see Shuperman's feet! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

LeBrun and Dreger are very good as well. I also think E.J Hradek can be better. When E.J was working his way up the ranks he was very good, then he got some exposure and I think a little of it went to his head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to dbg1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

CBS sports just announced that the lockout may be over.  The league is supposed to make an announcement tomorrow.  Anyone else here this?

[/QUOTE]

i didnt know the players were on strike, when did that happen??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

What a useless "press conference".  If you've got nothing to say, then just cancel it, and issue a statement instead. 

That being said, meeting is better than not meeting.  And perhaps with the two biggest egos out of the room, progress is actually being made. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dbg1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

CBS sports just announced that the lockout may be over.  The league is supposed to make an announcement tomorrow.  Anyone else here this?

[/QUOTE]

i didnt know the players were on strike, when did that happen??

[/QUOTE]

I'm suprised nobody called him out on that, but he was the first to bring it here so that stands for something. We make mistakes, this one is outweighed by the quality of the thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LeBrun and Dreger are very good as well. I also think E.J Hradek can be better. When E.J was working his way up the ranks he was very good, then he got some exposure and I think a little of it went to his head.

[/QUOTE]

Yea & the way he conducts himself in front of Deb Placey is pretty borderline! I'm surprised she'll still go on NHL Live with him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Report from Thomas Roost @thomasroost a NHL Scout in Europe. Players have received texts from their head coaches to get ready to return, Deal is on the horizon.  Just saw this on twitter, hopefully its a good sign

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a useless "press conference".  If you've got nothing to say, then just cancel it, and issue a statement instead. 

That being said, meeting is better than not meeting.  And perhaps with the two biggest egos out of the room, progress is actually being made. 

[/QUOTE]

You forgot ego, JJ! One smart dude who knows how to make money! The list of intelligent players and other owners are not exactly know to the average fan.  But JJ is a gorilla in the bathtub with only one bar of soap!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to moogfan35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Report from Thomas Roost @thomasroost a NHL Scout in Europe. Players have received texts from their head coaches to get ready to return, Deal is on the horizon.  Just saw this on twitter, hopefully its a good sign

[/QUOTE]

Now that is interesting!  If it is in fact true. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9

Shocking Update #CBA meetings. The owner said to have been the most helpful to players in the meetings. Not who most have assumed! (cont.)

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9

Yes Ron Burkle has been a voice of reason but the answer is and most people won't believe it but it is true.......JEREMY JACOBS

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]Brian Lawton â€@brianlawton9

Shocking Update #CBA meetings. The owner said to have been the most helpful to players in the meetings. Not who most have assumed! (cont.)

Brian Lawton â€@brianlawton9

Yes Ron Burkle has been a voice of reason but the answer is and most people won't believe it but it is true.......JEREMY JACOBS

[/QUOTE]

and the end of the world is coming too....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The Grinch has a heart? I need more information....make it a xmas gift.... JJ is Robert Kraft!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whatever NAS! If you think that BM & Dreger aren't the best in the business of hockey reporting you really haven't got a clue & your head is so far up your behind you can almost see Shuperman's feet! 

[/QUOTE]

What business?  Predicting stuff?  Telling me about stuff that is going to happen before it happens?  During any regular time (not a work stoppage) info travels so quickly that it doesn't matter who said it first.  Better connected Eklunds don't impress me.  "I"m being told that..." 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What business?  Predicting stuff?  Telling me about stuff that is going to happen before it happens?  During any regular time (not a work stoppage) info travels so quickly that it doesn't matter who said it first.  Better connected Eklunds don't impress me.  "I"m being told that..." 

[/QUOTE]

Good Gawd! Get over yourself would ya. If you think that all BM, Dreger & LeBrun is predict stuff, then you really don't know what the hell you're talking about. Now you're putting these three in the Eklund catagory? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]Brian Lawton â€@brianlawton9

Yes Ron Burkle has been a voice of reason but the answer is and most people won't believe it but it is true.......JEREMY JACOBS [/QUOTE]

Fans like to point fingers; "It's Jacobs fault", "It's Fehr's fault" or "the players". Jacobs is a bean counter, probably just broke down his up front costs and got the players to move off their demands a bit. Along with the players missing a paycheck.

Once this is over i'll be interested to see if Fehr keeps his job but I imagine his buyout is pretty pricey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm...At least this person provided some actual quote. Not saying what Brian Lawton is saying is true, but where's your info to say it isn't true? Or are you another NAS & your word is gospel?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm...At least this person provided some actual quote. Not saying what Brian Lawton is saying is true, but where's your info to say it isn't true? Or are you another NAS & your word is gospel?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ever hear of the word "opinion"?....

when did it become required that everything posted on here need to be backed up with irrefutable evidence?....

my "opinion" of JJ is just that, and don't try to convince me otherwise....

loosen up, man....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good Gawd! Get over yourself would ya. If you think that all BM, Dreger & LeBrun is predict stuff, then you really don't know what the hell you're talking about. Now you're putting these three in the Eklund catagory? 

[/QUOTE]

What else do they do that is different than any others?  Tell me what has happened?  They are newsman, nothing more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Didn't Rask just leave his team in Europe? It would make a lot of sense if he did...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What else do they do that is different than any others?  Tell me what has happened?  They are newsman, nothing more.

[/QUOTE]

your living in your own fantasy land.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tim Thomas has a spot reserved in his bunker for you ....................along with the other opinionated dinosaurs.

This is my opinion and I'm asking for the same treatment you are asking for. Not to try and change it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

..........with one omission on your part. Being the best at what they do compared to most others.

Sections
Shortcuts