STRIKE OVER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: STRIKE OVER?

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Yes because Miller's one to talk.  I followed him on Twitter for a while because of all the BS that was coming out from his pie-hole .  The guy is trash !  Just go check his timeline .

JJ is what he is but when it comes to Miller the guy is a jackazz himself.

JJ vs. Ryan Miller?  Who wins that fight anyway?  All things considered, I am taking the old and feisty JJ over the skinny crybaby Miller.

Jeremy Jacobs can buy and sell Ryan Millers family tree.

Advantage: Jacobs

• You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

pitiful attempt by Bettman to get fan sympathy....

not to mention it's not going to help further negotiations....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Where's Steve Burton when you need him ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Well with the offer now off the table and Bettman saying that make whole is no longer an option...wonder if decertification is the next step.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Hopefully the players will recognize the owners have moved alot since the last negotiations and sign the deal.  Otherwise, were gonna lose the season..again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Looks like the players almost were able to get back to work, but instead they decided to keep asking and asking and asking and demanding and demanding without giving an inch.

Whatever.

Cancel it for the year.  Let those greedy farmboys go a year without pay.  That's a lot worse than me going a year without watching hockey.

LOL.. that's exactly what I said at dinner tonight while listening to Fehr's press conference. both of them !

Farmboys ??? some of them went to university ... I love that quote from LeBrun the other morning and then added the PA needs those players in there. Sad sad sad state of affairs.

You know, the owners want to clamp down on the longivity of contracts and the players of course counter they want the long contracts.  No freakin kidding !!! Thank you Mr Agent.

The " Make Whole " was offered at 300M so it could be spread out for 8 years , max 10 . Of course the PA said they agreed to that but fail to mention they want it spread out for 6 years.  The only reason it was on the table at 300M was because it was linked to a CBA contract for 8-10years .  That's easy Math the player got in highschool. Instead Fehr came out and tried to mask everything on what they're giving the owners.

I think even the players behind Fehr were fooled by the 1st press conference. Duh!

Fehr has to stop that PR crap . Now the agreement will shrink !

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

It's also been reported by Sportsnet and TSN ( both radio ) that the 4 owners (who are moderate and new to the meetings ) left yesterday's meeting with the NHLPA understanding the frustrations previous negotiators had. 

They left with " having their eyes opened " to how unwilling the players were to negotiate on what the owners had proposed.

The same thing the players accused the owners of doing a week or so ago. 

Back to being a mess, especially with Bettman and Fehr coming back.

yup le chow , that says it all.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647180

These reporters , LeBrun,McKenzie,Dreger,Kypreos, and May are so over the top as well. Yesterday it was Sid "the Kid" saved the day, Burkle ,Lemieux, & Brisson deserve all the credit for "saving" the season, Sid is a hero at the Olympics and now he's a hero again. Enough to make me upchuck, well what happened boys? Lets hear it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not even Steve Burton can save the NHL season now.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Well with the offer now off the table and Bettman saying that make whole is no longer an option...wonder if decertification is the next step.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2012/11/answers-to-nhlpa-decertification-questions.html

With players making money overseas it would be hard to prove in an "anti-trust" lawsuit that they are hard pressed for income. Not to mention that the case would have to be fought in two countries that have very different anti-trust/labor laws. Lastly no benefits for the players if they decertify.

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

These reporters , LeBrun,McKenzie,Dreger,Kypreos, and May are so over the top as well. Yesterday it was Sid "the Kid" saved the day, Burkle ,Lemieux, & Brisson deserve all the credit for "saving" the season, Sid is a hero at the Olympics and now he's a hero again. Enough to make me upchuck, well what happened boys? Lets hear it.

They were pissing in their pants "  Now with the Pittsburgh connection we'll have an agreement " made me pu_ke to hear. Glad Burkle saw the light the also.

The best is how those same reporters were just about to fly back to Toronto after Fehr's 1st presser with all the positivity in the world .  I can't remember which one said of course it might be Fehr's spin on things and really they're far apart.

Boy some of these reporters really fell for that smoke screen. Then the bom came down and the smoke cleared , watch out !

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Rufus604's comment:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2012/11/answers-to-nhlpa-decertification-questions.html

With players making money overseas it would be hard to prove in an "anti-trust" lawsuit that they are hard pressed for income. Not to mention that the case would have to be fought in two countries that have very different anti-trust/labor laws. Lastly no benefits for the players if they decertify.

very good points.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647180&cmpid=twt

Owners statements...

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=647180&cmpid=twt

Owners statements...

I tried pasting it also above ,  how come it doesn't link ?

From what I understand, these are the facts, so far.

Make whole money:

NHL offered $211 million over 5 years

PA wants 390 million over 5 years

Agreed on $300 million

Met in the middle.

But,

CBA term length:

Owners now want 10 year contract.

Adding 5 years to the original offer.

Players want 6 year contract.

Adding only 1 year to the original offer

Players settle for 8 years.

Net compromise of 3 years from the PA or a 60% concession.

Player contracts:

NHL wants 5 year max term

NHLPA wants 8 year max term

6 or 7 anyone?

I previously said the owners moved alot but now that I've actually looked at the history, the players really have been the ones trying to salvage a season out of this thing.

In response to bim09's comment:

From what I understand, these are the facts, so far.

Make whole money:

NHL offered $211 million over 5 years

PA wants 390 million over 5 years

Agreed on $300 million

Met in the middle.

But,

CBA term length:

Owners now want 10 year contract.

Adding 5 years to the original offer.

Players want 6 year contract.

Adding only 1 year to the original offer

Players settle for 8 years.

Net compromise of 3 years from the PA or a 60% concession.

Player contracts:

NHL wants 5 year max term

NHLPA wants 8 year max term

6 or 7 anyone?

I previously said the owners moved alot but now that I've actually looked at the history, the players really have been the ones trying to salvage a season out of this thing.

I think the owners offer had the provision it could be a 7 yr deal if it was a player already on the team roster, but 5 yr max on all new player contracts.

I think the NHL would like the new CBA to extend at least past its 100th anniversary season.It would be a nitemare to have another lockout in its centennial year.

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I think the owners offer had the provision it could be a 7 yr deal if it was a player already on the team roster, but 5 yr max on all new player contracts.

Yea, i probably should have clarified that - 5 years on new contracts.

But all the same, call it 7 and lets play hockey.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Looks to me like they had the players and owners meet and significant progress was made, even talk of deal all but a certainty.

Then Gary and Donald get involded again and here we are.

Players need to realize at the end of the day, they are the employees.Most can play a game and be set for life, all the while having oppurtunities as a result most can only dream of. The fact that the owners are willing to split revenues 50/50 should have been good enough.

That said, owners need to be on the same page. Can't be asking for a limit on contracts when some of them were handing out ones larger mere hours before the lockout. Can't be signing players to outrageous contracts you can't afford. Too many of these owners need to have their house in order. Your in the NHL, theres 3.3 billion doallars in revenue, if your not making money, look no further than the decisions you have made.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The original make whole money was based upon an 82 game season.  The last offer was for $250M and $50M to the pension fund while there is no chance at a full season. 

What have the players moved on?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Players need to realize at the end of the day, they are the employees.Most can play a game and be set for life, all the while having oppurtunities as a result most can only dream of. The fact that the owners are willing to split revenues 50/50 should have been good enough.

That said, owners need to be on the same page. Can't be asking for a limit on contracts when some of them were handing out ones larger mere hours before the lockout. Can't be signing players to outrageous contracts you can't afford. Too many of these owners need to have their house in order. Your in the NHL, theres 3.3 billion doallars in revenue, if your not making money, look no further than the decisions you have made.

Yeah, a 50/50 split should be good enough.  Heck, a 25% share should be good enough for these players.  I honestly cannot believe that these guys are trying to hold the line on player contract length and a few other smaller details.  I honestly hope that this is true: 

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Bettman says the Make Whole provision in its entirety as a concept is OFF the table.

Now the players are going to feel the sting of getting too big for their britches.  Sometimes, you have to say "yes".  It's like having your girlfriend finally bring her twin sister to bed with you, but you fouling it all up because you demanded to record the ordeal. 

Kel, the owners that signed the longer term deals (see:  Minnesota) are one of the reasons for demanding the lenght cap.  The other, of course, is to stop players and agents from asking for deals that long.  The length being capped at 5 years is logical.  How many contracts have been for more than seven years, anyway?  Less than 20 I'd guess.  Maybe even less than 10.  And yet, the players are going to hang onto the extended length with all of their might.  SO DUMB.

Yeah, a 50/50 split should be good enough. Heck, a 25% share should be good enough for these players. I honestly cannot believe that these guys are trying to hold the line on player contract length and a few other smaller details. I honestly hope that this is true:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Bettman says the Make Whole provision in its entirety as a concept is OFF the table.

Now the players are going to feel the sting of getting too big for their britches. Sometimes, you have to say "yes". It's like having your girlfriend finally bring her twin sister to bed with you, but you fouling it all up because you demanded to record the ordeal.

Kel, the owners that signed the longer term deals (see: Minnesota) are one of the reasons for demanding the lenght cap. The other, of course, is to stop players and agents from asking for deals that long. The length being capped at 5 years is logical. How many contracts have been for more than seven years, anyway? Less than 20 I'd guess. Maybe even less than 10. And yet, the players are going to hang onto the extended length with all of their might. SO DUMB.

Star players get that kind of deal because they are a rare commodity.  The length of contract primarily pertains to them.  And i support it.

What i don't get is why didn't the owners just make a counter offer for 6 or 7 years and call it a day?  I dont think it a stretch to say the PA probably would have agreed to it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And talk about 2 different takes on how negotiations were going.

Fehr looked calm, cool and collected while throwing out his bullzhit spiel on how he thought they were close to an agreement.

Bettman looked haggard, buldgey-eyed and downright pissed with every part of his body herky-jerking all over the place.

I almost felt when Bettman was talking he was going to lose it or drop right on the spot.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yeah, a 50/50 split should be good enough. Heck, a 25% share should be good enough for these players. I honestly cannot believe that these guys are trying to hold the line on player contract length and a few other smaller details. I honestly hope that this is true:

Now the players are going to feel the sting of getting too big for their britches. Sometimes, you have to say "yes". It's like having your girlfriend finally bring her twin sister to bed with you, but you fouling it all up because you demanded to record the ordeal.

Kel, the owners that signed the longer term deals (see: Minnesota) are one of the reasons for demanding the lenght cap. The other, of course, is to stop players and agents from asking for deals that long. The length being capped at 5 years is logical. How many contracts have been for more than seven years, anyway? Less than 20 I'd guess. Maybe even less than 10. And yet, the players are going to hang onto the extended length with all of their might. SO DUMB.

Star players get that kind of deal because they are a rare commodity.  The length of contract primarily pertains to them.  And i support it.

What i don't get is why didn't the owners just make a counter offer for 6 or 7 years and call it a day?  I dont think it a stretch to say the PA probably would have agreed to it.

Because as explained, the $100m extra that was put on the table by the owners was tied into to it being a 10 year deal ( with a 8 year out clause by both ). Not a 6-7 year deal. It would have raised the rates they had to pay out at.

It was a take it or leave it package deal. Not a "I'll have these three and let's negotiate these other three deal".

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

And talk about 2 different takes on how negotiations were going.

Fehr looked calm, cool and collected while throwing out his bullzhit spiel on how he thought they were close to an agreement.

Bettman looked haggard, buldgey-eyed and downright pissed with every part of his body herky-jerking all over the place.

I almost felt when Bettman was talking he was going to lose it or drop right on the spot.

That's how big business looks when it get's beat at its own game.

• Sections
    Shortcuts