STRIKE OVER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: STRIKE OVER?

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Whatever NAS! If you think that BM & Dreger aren't the best in the business of hockey reporting you really haven't got a clue & your head is so far up your behind you can almost see Shuperman's feet! 

[/QUOTE]

What business?  Predicting stuff?  Telling me about stuff that is going to happen before it happens?  During any regular time (not a work stoppage) info travels so quickly that it doesn't matter who said it first.  Better connected Eklunds don't impress me.  "I"m being told that..." 

[/QUOTE]

Good Gawd! Get over yourself would ya. If you think that all BM, Dreger & LeBrun is predict stuff, then you really don't know what the hell you're talking about. Now you're putting these three in the Eklund catagory? 

[/QUOTE]

What else do they do that is different than any others?  Tell me what has happened?  They are newsman, nothing more.

[/QUOTE]

..........with one omission on your part. Being the best at what they do compared to most others.

[/QUOTE]

Forget it Chowda! The sky is purple in his world. I know I can be stubborn on things sometimes too, but NAS is the king of the bullheadedness! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Whatever NAS! If you think that BM & Dreger aren't the best in the business of hockey reporting you really haven't got a clue & your head is so far up your behind you can almost see Shuperman's feet! 

[/QUOTE]

What business?  Predicting stuff?  Telling me about stuff that is going to happen before it happens?  During any regular time (not a work stoppage) info travels so quickly that it doesn't matter who said it first.  Better connected Eklunds don't impress me.  "I"m being told that..." 

[/QUOTE]

Good Gawd! Get over yourself would ya. If you think that all BM, Dreger & LeBrun is predict stuff, then you really don't know what the hell you're talking about. Now you're putting these three in the Eklund catagory? 

[/QUOTE]

What else do they do that is different than any others?  Tell me what has happened?  They are newsman, nothing more.

[/QUOTE]

..........with one omission on your part. Being the best at what they do compared to most others.

[/QUOTE]

Forget it Chowda! The sky is purple in his world. I know I can be stubborn on things sometimes too, but NAS is the king of the bullheadedness! 

[/QUOTE]

A contrarian's opinions are sometimes legit while other times.............mark it down as _____ 
    being _____.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Well it's Thursday and still no deal. I guess the "throw the dart at the dartboard" method of reporting when the deal will be done didn't work for this reporter.

Badhab had the best observations of what this reporter had to say with this being his best post.

"horseshit"

oops, me might get banned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

As reported this morning on CTV news....Jacobs and Buffalo goalie Millar, got into a few screaming matches , or heated debate....I hope they are debating their way to a settlement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Stuke, I wonder if JJ told Miller to pipe down or he'd send Lucic after him again? lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I wish Steve Burton would give us an update.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to xdrive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dbg1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

CBS sports just announced that the lockout may be over.  The league is supposed to make an announcement tomorrow.  Anyone else here this?

[/QUOTE]

i didnt know the players were on strike, when did that happen??

[/QUOTE]

I'm suprised nobody called him out on that, but he was the first to bring it here so that stands for something. We make mistakes, this one is outweighed by the quality of the thread.

[/QUOTE]

Just busting balls but there is a big difference between a lockout and a strike

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jburtt. Show jburtt's posts

Jeremy Jackass almost scuttled the talks. He has to get off of the negotiating crew if anything is ever going to get done. This is the 21st century and idiots like him are dinosaurs. I am a long time Bruins fan but it will be some of the newer owners who save the day. We can only hope he some day decides to sell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to jburtt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeremy Jackass almost scuttled the talks. He has to get off of the negotiating crew if anything is ever going to get done. This is the 21st century and idiots like him are dinosaurs. I am a long time Bruins fan but it will be some of the newer owners who save the day. We can only hope he some day decides to sell.

[/QUOTE]

I just heard something like this as well..Toronto Star is reporting Jacobs was ready to get up and walk out over the pensions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just heard something like this as well..Toronto Star is reporting Jacobs was ready to get up and walk out over the pensions.

[/QUOTE]

yet some on here still stick up for this miser....  whether what's reported on JJ is true or not doesn't matter because negative perception about him has been around for quite some time now....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As reported this morning on CTV news....Jacobs and Buffalo goalie Millar, got into a few screaming matches , or heated debate....I hope they are debating their way to a settlement.

[/QUOTE]

Yes because Miller's one to talk.  I followed him on Twitter for a while because of all the BS that was coming out from his pie-hole .  The guy is trash !  Just go check his timeline .

JJ is what he is but when it comes to Miller the guy is a jackazz himself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Every side needs their hardline guys as well as the softer points of view.  This is how the middle is reached.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It's also been reported by Sportsnet and TSN ( both radio ) that the 4 owners (who are moderate and new to the meetings ) left yesterday's meeting with the NHLPA understanding the frustrations previous negotiators had. 

They left with " having their eyes opened " to how unwilling the players were to negotiate on what the owners had proposed.

The same thing the players accused the owners of doing a week or so ago. 

Back to being a mess, especially with Bettman and Fehr coming back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Yes because Miller's one to talk.  I followed him on Twitter for a while because of all the BS that was coming out from his pie-hole .  The guy is trash !  Just go check his timeline .

[/QUOTE]

JJ vs. Ryan Miller?  Who wins that fight anyway?  All things considered, I am taking the old and feisty JJ over the skinny crybaby Miller.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]

It's also been reported by Sportsnet and TSN ( both radio ) that the 4 owners (who are moderate and new to the meetings ) left yesterday's meeting with the NHLPA understanding the frustrations previous negotiators had. 

They left with " having their eyes opened " to how unwilling the players were to negotiate on what the owners had proposed.

The same thing the players accused the owners of doing a week or so ago. 

Back to being a mess, especially with Bettman and Fehr coming back.

[/QUOTE]

Keep me honest, but the only concession made during the owner/player direct talks was by the owners?  Increasing the make-whole provision from $211M to $300M?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keep me honest, but the only concession made during the owner/player direct talks was by the owners?  Increasing the make-whole provision from $211M to $300M?

[/QUOTE]

That's how I see it, Crowls.  I haven't heard the players move on anything in quite a while.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment: [/QUOTE] Keep me honest, but the only concession made during the owner/player direct talks was by the owners?  Increasing the make-whole provision from $211M to $300M ? [/QUOTE]

Moved to $250M, $50M going to the pension plan. Also...

"The proposal submitted was for a 10-year term for the next CBA with an opt-out clause after eight years. The rules governing unrestricted free agency and salary arbitration would remain unchanged from last season. The league did not budge on its request for a five-year term limit on player contracts and held firm to a maximum year-to-year salary variance of five per cent.

The league's offer did, however, offer an exception on contract lengths for the re-signing of free agents. Teams would be allowed to re-sign their own free agents to contracts up to seven years in duration."

The owners moved allot!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"we have a deal on pension funds. Transition payments. PA Proposal today was 8 years (6+2). On player contract length - NHLPA offered 8-year term limit (league wants 5. we think there is a complete agreement on dollars and believe it can lead to a deal in the near future."

From Fehr on TSN live right now, so the owners have the above NHLPA counter to yesterdays NHL offer...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I've never even hear of that dude before...I see CTV trotted him out here at the top of the hour talking about the players contract that was tabled. He must be a back east reporter. Right now, I just want the frggin season to start. I was looking all year to see my Bruins come play in Edmonton. Now. I don't know if that will happen.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If this is the so called best & brightest the NHLPA has to offer, then they're in real trouble. I can see now why the NHLPA has been the shakiest of the pro sports unions with guys like this in the room. Its no wonder Fehr can lead these guys down the garden path. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Close enough.  Now sign the friken thing!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Fehr says NHL left a voicemail message saying NHLPA counter wasn't acceptable. No need to stick around today or Friday. Talks broken for now"

WOW!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Fehr says NHL left a voicemail message saying NHLPA counter wasn't acceptable. No need to stick around today or Friday. Talks broken for now"

WOW!

[/QUOTE]

Wow! is right...What sticks out ot me is how the heck does the NHL call Donald Fehr at this point and it goes to voicemail?...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

There are options in some cellphone providers to directly leave voicemails..

It looks like the owners are digging in again with the rejection of todays proposal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Looks like the players almost were able to get back to work, but instead they decided to keep asking and asking and asking and demanding and demanding without giving an inch.

Whatever.

Cancel it for the year.  Let those greedy farmboys go a year without pay.  That's a lot worse than me going a year without watching hockey.

Sections
Shortcuts