Stuart can be back within a month?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Stuart can be back within a month?

Stuart injury was on dec. 8th/2010 and prognosis is 4 to 6 wks. to recover. Hopefully he will praticing around jan. 8th. One thing about injuries to our Bruins is that the call up of Kampner paid off and he is still young with offensive skills but need to work on the d zone. With Stuart coming back soon the Bruins d is still solid.

A local toronto radio station are still talking about their over paid d men with a no show performance. The leaf fans are happy with Kessel offensive skills but he does win puck battles/or won't go to the corners to fight for a puck. One fan called and said we have to wait until 2012 to get first pick so the leafs are going to be rebuilding for a few more years.

PC may sign long term deals but at least we have a bright future if PC and Neely plays the chips right.

Lets Go Boston and get a positve attitude with the 3 victories.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Stuart can be back within a month?

I like Stuart but Mcquaid and Kampfer are doing a great job on the defensive end. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Kampfer makes mistakes but he's not afraid to move up with the play which the B's so desperately need from the backline. McQuaid does Stuart's job for less money. Move Stuart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Ference is the guy that should be moved with that bloated contract...too small for todays game. I would like to see more size on the B's blueline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Ference has been a machine this year and time and time again has been the guy that has shown heart on this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Kampfer reminds me a LOT of Hunwick in his rookie year when I really believed he would be the swift-skating, offensive-minded D-man the Bruins have needed (and still desperately do) for a while. I hope Kampfer's game doesn't fall off the cliff as sharplky as Hunwick's did (most of those problems for Hunny were in his own end of the ice, which is still any D-man's primary responsibility)...

....but one interesting question could be: IF Kampfer is the real deal, should Stuart be dangled as possible trade bait when he gets back to bring in another winger who can score?

Not saying I don't like Stuart's game...I do, especially his toughness and checking ability...but McQuaid plays that game (if not quite as well as Stuart), and the fact is you have to give up talent to get talent in return, and Stu might be very attractive to a # of teams that can give Boston something it needs in return.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

That's right, of course we should trade the guy leading the team in +/-, and honestly who needs the fastest skater on the blueline? Why in the world should anyone cosider keeping a guy who sticks up for his teammates and will go after guys with 40lbs on him without batting an eyelash.

In Response to Re: Stuart can be back within a month?:
    [QUOTE]Ference has been a machine this year and time and time again has been the guy that has shown heart on this team.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Stuart, in my mind, is a welcome physical prescence now that some of the other tough guys now think of themselves as snipers...sarcasm intended. Know who I mean?

I think Kampfer should go out for some more seasoning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Stuart can be back within a month?:[QUOTE] ....but one interesting question could be: IF Kampfer is the real deal, should Stuart be dangled as possible trade bait when he gets back to bring in another winger who can score? Not saying I don't like Stuart's game...I do, especially his toughness and checking ability...but McQuaid plays that game (if not quite as well as Stuart), and the fact is you have to give up talent to get talent in return, and Stu might be very attractive to a # of teams that can give Boston something it needs in return. Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

If PC were to shop Stuart GMs would get into a bidding war. Not saying it's going to happen but this has the most logic as Mark would fetch what the Bruins need SPEED ON THE WING!

Is Mark going to get better than he is now ? I don't think he will but I do think McQuaid and Kampfer will get much better. Gotta give to get!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuart can be back within a month? : If PC were to shop Stuart GMs would get into a bidding war. Not saying it's going to happen but this has the most logic as Mark would fetch what the Bruins need SPEED ON THE WING! Is Mark going to get better than he is now ? I don't think he will but I do think McQuaid and Kampfer will get much better. Gotta give to get!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yep, obviously I agree.

I think Stu is one of 2 major risk/trump cards PC has in his arsenal right now to really upgrade the Bruins and best address the weaknesses on the team* (the other card being this year's Toronto draft pick, which, the way the Leafs are going, should be quite high.)

*Lack of another sniper/speedy winger and a slick, fast-skating D-man who can score goals.

It's a risk b/c Stuart really is a rock-solid D guy**, and there's always that "potential" of a high draft pick later turning into a star, but the fact is the Bruins have been for too long planning for that future that never seems to come, and with certain good core pieces in place now, those two trade baits could produce some very high yield players heading into the playoffs, backed by the B's very solid goaltending, which is what you need to really get far in the post-season.

**But doesn't provide a whole lot on offense. We're already loaded with guys like that (Ference, McQuaid, and even Seidenberg, who I expected would provide more goal/assist production than he has; even Chara this year hasn't done as much to produce points, though that's certainly not his bread and butter, and he's still a very much-needed presence in his own end--the guy never gets enough credit not just for crunching bodies, but for breaking up passes w/the long reach--excellent defender re: stick position, but I digress ;-)

At least exploring a trade with Stuart as bait should be at the top of PC's to-do list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The main thing I don't like about trading a defenceman without getting a defenceman back in return is it doesn't leave the Bruins in a good position on the depth chart if someone gets injured . And more then likely that will happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]The main thing I don't like about trading a defenceman without getting a defenceman back in return is it doesn't leave the Bruins in a good position on the depth chart if someone gets injured . And more then likely that will happen.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

A fair point to be sure, which is why I say trading Stuart is a risk as well as a possible reward...but to me the Bruins (and here I mean mgt.) have been playing it safe for far too long (excepting the Thornton trade, which was a move not of rolling the dice but utter desperation and stupidity), and it's time to do the risk/reward thing.

I'm just afraid of them getting these nail-biter one-goal wins--just enough of them--that PC decies they'll go into the  playoffs w/basically the roster as it is now and expect to come out smelling roses based on TT's play and maybe having a few calls go their way like they did last night.

Even w/Stuart healthy and back on the blue line they're still short on what they need--more goal production up front and better puck retrieval/outlet passing/help on offense from another defenseman.

And that kind of help won't come cheap. It's a risk to trade Stu but it would help in getting back a better player to fill at least one of those needs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kampfer makes a lot of mistakes.  He'll be back in PRO when Stuart returns.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I doubt they move Stuart now, but if they get the right offer in March, and Kampfer continues to push (his Providnece numbers jump off the page when you look at the team's overall numbers), I could see a move.  Remember that Stuart is on a one-year deal and will be a UFA at season's end.  Steady but unspectacular defensive defensemen do not rent out at great returns, especially if you shop them and let people know you're open for business.

Best bet here is that Stuart sticks around unless he's part of a package or there are other moves.  If Stuart stays in Boston until the playoffs, bet that Kampfer is here for at least another month or two as the 7th D.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Stuart has struggled a bit this year and dangling him as trade bait now would be selling him low.  Stuart goes back in the lineup and Kampfer goes back down 95 for the time being.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]Stuart has struggled a bit this year and dangling him as trade bait now would be selling him low.  Stuart goes back in the lineup and Kampfer goes back down 95 for the time being.
    Posted by Dave24[/QUOTE]

Hope it's just for the time being. Nothing wrong w/having a healthy Stuart back in the lineup and bashing bodies but despite some understandable rookie errors you've got to like the speed and offensive instincts Kampfer has shown so far in his limited time. He's providing something the B's really need from their D.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One thing that I've noticed since Stuart's injury is when the Bruins have their best puck possessions, most intense puck movement sustained with longevity when in the offensive zone Kampfer is on the ice this will go away if Julien stays with his veteran rules mentality. Meh can't wait for Whitfield to get better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Kampfer is here to stay at worst as the 7th D. He is already a mainstay on the power play. Actually the best PP qb we got on the team

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

this will be a tough move for Claude to make when Mark comes back. Kampfer can skate and move the puck.  He has great pucking carring D potential. The B's still strugle moving the puck on the breakout, and need puck movers in the line up!!!

Sections
Shortcuts