Stuart hit today. Suspension. Y/N

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Stuart hit today. Suspension. Y/N

Hard hit on the kid.  Head was definitely hit.  Fight after and SJ pops in 2 bc of instigator and visor rule.   Man I thought the bruins announcers were homers.  SJ are brutal.  

Stuart is gonna get suspended IMHO.  

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Stuart hit today. Suspension. Y/N

I'm sure I'll see it later.  Question, if someone with a visor wants to fight and takes off his helmet he won't be penalized,  right ?   Kelly better be aware the next time he wants to fight. Krejci ? nah he better not fight.

Yesterday though the 2mins they gave Paille for dropping his gloves is a joke, that's just wrong .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Kid had his head down. Prior to the rule change, I would say clean hit... but now the head can't be the primary point of contact. Stuart is a clean player, he might get 1 game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I was wondering the same thing.  they can't be encouraging taking helmets off to fight.   

it's gonna be reviewed.  I looked for a replay with neg results.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Kid had his head down. Prior to the rule change, I would say clean hit... but now the head can't be the primary point of contact. Stuart is a clean player, he might get 1 game.

He's been suspended for that hit on the flame.   The flame hit to me was clean.  He's getting more as a repeat offender.  This one the head was popped good. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree though.  Prior to rule change clean hit.  Now he's gonna face the music. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Didn't see the video yet, was it Landeskog? Did he leave the ice under his own power or carted off?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Looked like a forearm to the head to me....it will definitelty be looked at. Stupid of O'Byrne to start that fight and get another 2 mins for wearing a visor. Very stupid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Looked like a forearm to the head to me....it will definitelty be looked at. Stupid of O'Byrne to start that fight and get another 2 mins for wearing a visor. Very stupid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Jm.  

He had to go after him.  Had to.  Savard was drilled and no one did nothing.  I was livid.  He's their best player and captain.  I will take that trade off everyday of the week. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Didn't see the video yet, was it Landeskog? Did he leave the ice under his own power or carted off?

Yes.  He's back on bench but was definitely hurting.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Jm.  

He had to go after him.  Had to.  Savard was drilled and no one did nothing.  I was livid.  He's their best player and captain.  I will take that trade off everyday of the week. 

I agree someone should have gone after him but if O'Byrne wants to be "that guy" he needs to take off that damn shield. I mean, he is 6 foot 4, he does not need it. That penalty along with the instigator just likely cost them the game.

By the way, they do not seem to call that penalty too much, 2 mins for starting a fight with a visor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Jm.  

Yes, you can't let your Captain get drilled like that with no response, visor or no visor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

weird thing was, looked like he was limping back to the lockers?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jm.  

I agree someone should have gone after him but if O'Byrne wants to be "that guy" he needs to take off that damn shield. I mean, he is 6 foot 4, he does not need it. That penalty along with the instigator just likely cost them the game.

By the way, they do not seem to call that penalty too much, 2 mins for starting a fight with a visor.

I believe it's a new rule.  6'4 and only 2 eyes.  Doesn't matter if you are 5'4 or chara.  Soon everyone will have them.  I know what you mean though.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

weird thing was, looked like he was limping back to the lockers?

Think his knee buckled.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Might be time to create a 2013 Shana-ban thread.

Looks like head is principle point of contact.  New NHL says that is a bad hit.  Not that it matters suspension wise, but no call on the ice, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Might be time to create a 2013 Shana-ban thread.

Looks like head is principle point of contact.  New NHL says that is a bad hit.  Not that it matters suspension wise, but no call on the ice, right?

No call on ice.  And I agree with you. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I was wondering the same thing.  they can't be encouraging taking helmets off to fight.   

It looks like they don't want guys with visors to instigate fights is all Shupe. I watched some kid for NYR get punched out pretty good by Ty Mcginn of the Flyers. Mcginn was just rearing back chucking bombs and meanwhile he had his helmet and shield on for the whole fight. it just seemed dirty and I'm glad the league is trying to put a stop to it. I also noticed Paille was taking his helmet off last night when Thornton jumped in instead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It looks like they don't want guys with visors to instigate fights is all Shupe. I watched some kid for NYR get punched out pretty good by Ty Mcginn of the Flyers. Mcginn was just rearing back chucking bombs and meanwhile he had his helmet and shield on for the whole fight. it just seemed dirty and I'm glad the league is trying to put a stop to it. I also noticed Paille was taking his helmet off last night when Thornton jumped in instead.

Do you know official rule. Im too lazy to look.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Seems like they're cracking down on it - was called in the Oilers Kings game as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Newbury McGinn tilt was good. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It really was but I felt had for Newbury at the end of it. I only know about the penalty because nhl.com said Obyrne was given a double minor for instigating a fight while wearing a visor. Btw, what a start for JT and Marleau eh? Wow!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

It really was but I felt had for Newbury at the end of it. I only know about the penalty because nhl.com said Obyrne was given a double minor for instigating a fight while wearing a visor. Btw, what a start for JT and Marleau eh? Wow!

Yup. But will fizzle in the playoffs. I know a lot don't like joe.  But I've met him and would for him to get a cup. Such a humble dude. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I agree here .  That's why I brought up Kelly, he wears almost a full shield but last year got in a fight, I forgot who he beat the crap of . The other guy had no chance at landing any punches otheriwse he loses a finger or two.

Sections
Shortcuts