Stuart hit today. Suspension. Y/N

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Stuart hit today. Suspension. Y/N

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It really was but I felt had for Newbury at the end of it. I only know about the penalty because nhl.com said Obyrne was given a double minor for instigating a fight while wearing a visor. Btw, what a start for JT and Marleau eh? Wow!

The same could be said about Markov on the Habs. Then come to think of it ,  it's all PPs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just saw the hit and it was close to being an elbow to the head.  Sure he had his head down but was not crunched low .  Why does Stuart have to lead with his arms ?  Just lower the shoulder and you get the guy square on the chest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Just saw the hit and it was close to being an elbow to the head.  Sure he had his head down but was not crunched low .  Why does Stuart have to lead with his arms ?  Just lower the shoulder and you get the guy square on the chest.

Like Paille did last night. Beautiful bone crunching body check! This is going to cost Stuart some games. I'm guessing 2-5. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Targeted the head.  I think he'll get a few games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/brad-stuart-hit-avs-captain-gabriel-landeskog-shanaban-222419287--nhl.html

I don't think Stuart targeted the head but the noggin was hit. Stuart has a history he might get some games. The intent was clean but Brad also came off his skates a bit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't see anything that suggests he meant to hit him in the head, but he did hit him in the head.

That's a suspendable hit.

It shouldn't be, however.  The player should skate with his head up. 

Remember when players never used to face the boards with the puck in fear of getting crushed?  Now they get the puck and intentionally face the boards, a "you can't hit me na na na na na" move that disgusts me.  Coming soon, players are going to intentionally skate with their heads lowered to avoid getting hit.  The NHL is slowly becoming the NPL. (P standing P_ _S Y)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I thought it was a good hit, contact with the head was primary, but incidental.  He should walk on this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If i want to see violent hits to the head i'll watch the NFL.

I like the direction the leagues going in.  Marc Savard was an awsome hockey player and I miss watching him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Savvy hit was a blind side cheap shot designed to injure.  This was head on, keep-your-head-up-or-else hit that belongs in the game.  To me, these are two totally different hits.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't see anything that suggests he meant to hit him in the head, but he did hit him in the head.

Remember when players never used to face the boards with the puck in fear of getting crushed?  Now they get the puck and intentionally face the boards, a "you can't hit me na na na na na" move that disgusts me.  Coming soon, players are going to intentionally skate with their heads lowered to avoid getting hit.  The NHL is slowly becoming the NPL. (P standing P_ _S Y)

Yeah. Couldn't agree more.  Where do they teach this.  I tell ya the so called victims are just as much to blame. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I agree with you NAS. I don't remember when, or why this all started, but if I had to venture a guess it was Wayne in the 91' Canada Cup when Gary Suter laid him out. Mind you it was Wayne's back that took the brunt, but the Great One certainly turned towards the boards. After that it seemed that all the young players started doing it more & more, because I also remember there being a big stink about how the U.S needed to cheat to compete. Which it was Ranford who was the factor in 91'. That season there was a lot of players that seemed to start using that tactic to draw penalties. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Anyway, you watch, no injury , no suspension.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I agree here .  That's why I brought up Kelly, he wears almost a full shield but last year got in a fight, I forgot who he beat the crap of . The other guy had no chance at landing any punches otheriwse he loses a finger or two.

Brayden Schenn after he destroyed Kampfer. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Anyway, you watch, no injury , no suspension.

Repeat offender.  I'm saying he gets 3 games.  I think it's bs but that's what the league had turned into. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hard hit on the kid.  Head was definitely hit.  Fight after and SJ pops in 2 bc of instigator and visor rule.   Man I thought the bruins announcers were homers.  SJ are brutal.  

Stuart is gonna get suspended IMHO.  

Thoughts?

Clean hit, he led with the shoulder, case closed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

It looks like they don't want guys with visors to instigate fights is all Shupe. I watched some kid for NYR get punched out pretty good by Ty Mcginn of the Flyers. Mcginn was just rearing back chucking bombs and meanwhile he had his helmet and shield on for the whole fight. it just seemed dirty and I'm glad the league is trying to put a stop to it. I also noticed Paille was taking his helmet off last night when Thornton jumped in instead.

I agree here .  That's why I brought up Kelly, he wears almost a full shield but last year got in a fight, I forgot who he beat the crap of . The other guy had no chance at landing any punches otheriwse he loses a finger or two.

It was Brandon Sutter. Kelly wrecked him! And he would'nt have had a chance anyway, because he had his jersey over his head before he had his gloves off. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hard hit on the kid.  Head was definitely hit.  Fight after and SJ pops in 2 bc of instigator and visor rule.   Man I thought the bruins announcers were homers.  SJ are brutal.  

Stuart is gonna get suspended IMHO.  

Thoughts?

Clean hit, he led with the shoulder, case closed

Elbow is attached to the arm. Watch it again.  I hate the rule but it was a hit to the head. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Agreed, the changes after 2004 were excellent.  Speed and puckhandling were encouraged.  The concussions increased for a variety of reasons.  One less interference with the speed empahsis, and younger players using elbows etc. to pound defensemen prone deep in the defensive zones.  Now the players are adjusting, squaring up along the boards with the face down looking for the puck is totally acceptable.  Players skating over the blue line searching for the puck in their feets realizing that there is no consequence.  Disciplinarian fines and suspensions are a two way street, injury to the head is not acceptable, yet placing yourself in a vulnerable position as a hockey player is equally not acceptable.  One should not text while driving for if one drives in the opposite lane and accident will occur!

Sections
Shortcuts