Stuart is a DNP for the 2nd game in a row

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Stuart is a DNP for the 2nd game in a row

The excuse the first game was Hand injury. He could still be sore from the initially injury and cameback too quickly. 

I don't think the Bruins have anything in the works for Stuart. He has been injury prone the past few years and i don't know many teams who would want him

Better to keep him, use him up for the rest of the season (other injuries bound to occur) and let him go in the off season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

ESPN NHL Rumors had an article about Stuey being an attractive option for teams at the deadline because not much D is on the market.

Personally, i like him and think he is tough as nails.  However, if they have no intention of resigning him, i'd rather see him moved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Conditioning is when you play him not sit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Stuart is a DNP for the 2nd game in a row:
    my bet is that this is a conditioning thing, that mcquaid is in game shape and stuart isn't
    Posted by pbergeron37

I agree - Stuart looked at least a step slow versus Buffalo.  McQuaid's been playing pretty well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Adam McQuaid

34 gp: 0g,7a,7pts 12:33 avg TOI. +/- is a +16, 3rd overall team wise and 18th in the league among Defencemen. 45 hits and 62 blocks. 8 missed shots. 5 giveaways and 3 takeaways. He has 17 SOG.

Mark Stuart

29 gp: 1g, 3a, 4pts 16:30 avg TOI. +/- is a +6. 6th on team, 122nd in league. 50 hits, 49 blocks, 16 missed shots. 13 giveaways and 4 takeaways. He has 20 SOG.

If you were the coach which one would you play? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Do we even know he's sitting tonight?  The Bruins didn't have a morning skate.

Most likely the one sitting is the one hurting the most.

As for not dressing Paille: that's an interesting thought, but only because Boychuk has played wing.  If another forward gets hurt, we might see that rather than a call-up, if Chiarelli decides he needs all the cap space he can get.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would say that there might be something still lingering with the hand. If Chiarelli makes a move it would be for a forward but I would think he wants depth at Defense so both McQuaid and Stuart stay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Adam McQuaid 34 gp: 0g,7a,7pts 12:33 avg TOI. +/- is a +16, 3rd overall team wise and 18th in the league among Defencemen. 45 hits and 62 blocks. 8 missed shots. 5 giveaways and 3 takeaways. He has 17 SOG. Mark Stuart 29 gp: 1g, 3a, 4pts 16:30 avg TOI. +/- is a +6. 6th on team, 122nd in league. 50 hits, 49 blocks, 16 missed shots. 13 giveaways and 4 takeaways. He has 20 SOG. If you were the coach which one would you play? 
    Posted by Orrthebest

Stuart

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Say it ain't so.  Not everyone's binky, Captain Caveman.  He is where he belongs right now.  Most overrated player on the Bruins roster, by the fans, especially the one's on this board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Ironic that it was McQuaid who fought Bodie after McCormick? put his shoulder into Stuart's head.  I think Stuart's hand is not fully healed and he came back sooner due to Ference's injury.  Play McQuaid until Stuart's healthy and then rest Boychuk if need be.  I agree with the earlier post that McQuaid seems to have better chemistry with Ference - Stuart and Ference together scare me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Adam McQuaid 34 gp: 0g,7a,7pts 12:33 avg TOI. +/- is a +16, 3rd overall team wise and 18th in the league among Defencemen. 45 hits and 62 blocks. 8 missed shots. 5 giveaways and 3 takeaways. He has 17 SOG. Mark Stuart 29 gp: 1g, 3a, 4pts 16:30 avg TOI. +/- is a +6. 6th on team, 122nd in league. 50 hits, 49 blocks, 16 missed shots. 13 giveaways and 4 takeaways. He has 20 SOG. If you were the coach which one would you play? 
    Posted by Orrthebest

it's kind of obvious. the coach plays stuart 16 min/gm and mcq 12 min/gm. i think the coach prefers stuart. mcq is healthier and playing well, so there's no need to rush stuart.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

need depth on D to have a shot and to go deep... I don't see Bartkoswki as depth right now, so we have a good mix of 7 ..... Stuey cycles in and out.... sit Boychuck. Love having Stuey and Lonewolf both in there... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Stuey and McQuaids game are very similar.  I would see them sharing time unless a move is made

Sections
Shortcuts