Stuart or McQuaid in LA????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Stuart or McQuaid in LA????

Just curious. Was Stuart the weakest defenceman against the Sabers and that is why he sat and McQuaid played ?

Just curious. If that is so, and Stuart plays in LA, who will CJ sit ? Would it be the defenceman who played the poorest in the Av's game ?

Or perhaps Stuart just  has a niggly injury. Or is there a trade in the offen ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Stuart or McQuaid in LA????

Stuart was not (in my opinion) the weakest defenseman against Buffalo, Boychuk was.  I don't know why he sat today, but he should definitely play against the Kings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

The problem for Stuart is with Kamfer in the top 4 there is no room for him.  He has no chemistry with Ference but McQuaid does.  When I watch I like the pairing of Ference and McQuaid and cringe at the pairing of Ference and Stuart.  I have already stated I would like to see Claude rotate the defence (minus Chara & Seidenberg).  So if Claude is reading my mind Boychuk would sit in LA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

No need to sit McQuaid. He has played just fine. Problem is you don't just sit a guy like Stuart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Stuart or McQuaid in LA????:
    No need to sit McQuaid. He has played just fine. Problem is you don't just sit a guy like Stuart.
    Posted by callodthedom19

McQuaid was a turnover machine today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Really NAS "machine''. I watched the game twice and I would object. Did he make turnovers? Absolutely, everyone does time to time. Did they hurt the club? No. Fact is he was a +2 on the day so he was out there when the team put the puck in the back of the net. Also, he was not on the ice when the Avs scored. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Start Stuart. Sit Boychuk or McQuaid. More important, WIN.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In the Avs game, only one Bruin was officially credited with a Giveaway, Lucic.  In watching the game, it didn't notice anything from McQuaid's game that left me feeling that he was playing poorly or turning it over.

McQuaid's official line:
    TOI: 16:32
    +/-: +2
    Hits: 1
    Blocks: 1
    Scoring: 0-0-0

Seems like the kind of numbers you want to see from AM, steady in the win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Stuart or McQuaid in LA????:
    Just curious. Was Stuart the weakest defenceman against the Sabers and that is why he sat and McQuaid played ? Just curious. If that is so, and Stuart plays in LA, who will CJ sit ? Would it be the defenceman who played the poorest in the Av's game ? Or perhaps Stuart just  has a niggly injury. Or is there a trade in the offen ?
    Posted by Stuke50

Not a bad problem to have, some depth on the blue-line.  I am happy that the B's have 7 legitimate guys to put out there, plus Bartkowski waiting in the wings. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, will PC use on of these d-men in a package to acquire either an upgrade at D or another W? Or does he enjoy the luxury of having some depth at a critical position?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i would sit boychick, haven't seen enough hits or goals from him this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Like the goalie problem it's not a bad problem to have. Boychuk sitting wouldn't be a bad thing maybe he would be able to pinpoint with Don Sweeney why his game isn't the same as last year. Cam Neely always spoke about 1992 when Sinden suggested he watch some games from above and it helped.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

i would sit boychick, haven't seen enough hits or goals from him this year
    Posted by fourrings

Since you want him to score he should play forward right? He is a defensemen he should be playing defense. I don't care if he never scores a goal again. As long as he takes care of the puck in his own end, creates rushes, and bangs bodies (which he has this year, don't know what you've been watching) he deserves to play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Boychuck and Stuart are like the same exact guy out there, but for some reason I like Stuart better.  Boychuck throws some big hits once in a while, Stuart throws them every game.  Boychuck shoots a LOT more, but doesnt score.  Its really a toss up between them, but I think Stuart is a lot more physical and can/will fight, and I like having tough guys on the team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

According to NHL.com McQuaid's giveaway stats are actually one of the best among B's defenceman this year.

Giveaways           Games Played
    Chara              35                        48
    Seidenberg       16                        48
    Ference           20                        45
    Boychuck         10                        38
    McQuaid            5                        34
    Stuart             13                        29
    Hunwick            7                        22
    Kampfer            5                        22
    Bartkowski         0                         2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

According to NHL.com McQuaid's giveaway stats are actually one of the best among B's defenceman this year.                  Giveaways           Games Played Chara              35                        48 Seidenberg       16                        48 Ference           20                        45 Boychuck         10                        38 McQuaid            5                        34 Stuart             13                        29 Hunwick            7                        22 Kampfer            5                        22 Bartkowski         0                         2
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Give away stats and turnovers are different, but you already know that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Stuart or McQuaid in LA???? : Give away stats and turnovers are different, but you already know that.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Still paranoid ? Comments were directed at Crowls giveaway comment. Don't give up though ! LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Stuart or McQuaid in LA???? : Not a bad problem to have, some depth on the blue-line.  I am happy that the B's have 7 legitimate guys to put out there, plus Bartkowski waiting in the wings.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out, will PC use on of these d-men in a package to acquire either an upgrade at D or another W? Or does he enjoy the luxury of having some depth at a critical position?
    Posted by Crowls2424

It sure is a great problem.  Brian Burke cites his available eight defenseman
    in 2007 as a major reason the Ducks won that Cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Stuart for Setoguchi per HockeyBuzz.com (I know, I know.. "Merely speculation at this point ").

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Stuart for Setoguchi per HockeyBuzz.com (I know, I know.. "Merely speculation at this point ").
    Posted by bridgemanusa

Total speculation!
    Also in the final year of his contract, could San Jose's desired defensive upgrade come in a Stuart forDevin Setoguchi swap? Merely speculation at this point on my behalf, the 24-year-old Setoguchi, two years removed from a 31-goal season, has struggled mightily this season with just nine goals and five assists in 40 games for the Sharks.

Follow me on Twitter, shoot me an email at TAndersonBruins@gmail.com, or become Facebook friends with the HockeyBuzz Bruins profile for links, interactions, and updates.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

I think NAS has blood relations to Stuart. 

"Give away stats and turnovers are different, but you already know that."

Are you kidding me?  Minus experience, Mcquaid has Stuart beat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think NAS has blood relations to Stuart.  " Give away stats and turnovers are different, but you already know that." Are you kidding me?  Minus experience, Mcquaid has Stuart beat.
    Posted by yaz16

Yeah, Yaz.  Like you said in a different thread, right?  McQuaid is taller and is a better fighter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Posted by bridgemanusa

Total speculation or not Setoguchi would be a good replacement for Ryder next year.Just sayin'.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Just saying what?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Just sayin' he'd be a good replacement for Ryder.Not that Ryder has played bad but Setoguchi is younger and could fire up again with a fresh start.He's on the last year of his contract so he could be resigned for a reasonable price i think.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

NAS does not like McQuaid because hs is not a pacifist, and would rather bring Frank Simonetti out of retirement as a 6 th/7th D than have McQ and his sac in there...

Double soy latte for NAS, post haste !!

Sections
Shortcuts