Stuart OUT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Stuart OUT

Mark Stuart on his way out of town.  Hags just tweeted he is going to the Blackhawks for a draft pick and to clear his 1.5 million salary. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Stuart OUT

McQuaid has won a job on the Bs for sure.  Now if we can dump Boychuk to San Jose or Vancouver or whatnot then promote Bartkowski as a number 7.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs

Where ? it doesn't say it is done yet...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Mixed feelings about this if it is true.  Great character guy who plateaued too early.  Add his injury problems of the last two seasons, and it makes the choice to move on an easier one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

In Response to Re: Stuart OUT:
    http://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs Where ? it doesn't say it is done yet...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

its in his article on CSNNE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Very sad, if true. Love character guys, and Stuart definitely was one. He was arguaby our best defender in the playoffs last year. Good luck to Stuart if it's true. Glad for him that he'll be on a contender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

San i am listening to 98.5 who was reading the article on air saying hes going there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

You are really reaching for facts, just like Haggs is.  This is all speculation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

getting close on multiple deals: Kaberle to Boston and Stuart to the Blackhawks"

The reason why I say this BD is Haggs did this all last year during the trade deadline as I'm sure you remember just through stuff up on his twitter. So when I see it's official on BDC through Fluto or KPD I'll beleive it. That would leave Bartkowski as the 7th dman so I want to hope this is only a rumor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

would not be surprised...since healthy,he's only played in 2 out of 8 or 10. i hope its not true, stewy is a solid guy and defenseman.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

#Bruins getting close on multiple deals : Kaberle to Boston and Stuart to the Blackhawks" The reason why I say this BD is Haggs did this all last year during the trade deadline as I'm sure you remember just through stuff up on his twitter. So when I see it's official on BDC through Fluto or KPD I'll beleive it. That would leave Bartkowski as the 7th dman so I want to hope this is only a rumor.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Yeah i agree with you.  i am a big fan of Dupont as well. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Stuart OUT : Yeah i agree with you.  i am a big fan of Dupont as well. 
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

I'm a fan of Dupont's because of his "Hockey Notes." Read it every Sunday. Good read with info/speculation from around the league. Love it and hope it never goes away.

Besides that, he has virtually no connections or following outside of the Boston area, loves to throw out literary imagery regardless of it it makes sense or not (often taking up a quarter of his article), is a cranky-sounding guy, and ultimately is a reactionary (even if you thought Thornton shouldn't be captain, why on Earth would you say that before a playoff series with our biggest rival???).

I'd bet serious money that in person KPD is a good guy and I'd like him as a friend but I would be scared if he was GM.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

#Bruins getting close on multiple deals : Kaberle to Boston and Stuart to the Blackhawks" The reason why I say this BD is Haggs did this all last year during the trade deadline as I'm sure you remember just through stuff up on his twitter. So when I see it's official on BDC through Fluto or KPD I'll beleive it. That would leave Bartkowski as the 7th dman so I want to hope this is only a rumor.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Possibly this is or would be a trade to clear cap space before acquiring another defenceman which wouldn't bump Bartkowski up to 7th .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

KPD??? When was the last time he broke a story? He is about as useful as Ecklund... KPD is always on mop up duty these days. These guys do a horrible job of being on the forefront of the stories..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Stuart OUT : I'm a fan of Dupont's because of his "Hockey Notes." Read it every Sunday. Good read with info/speculation from around the league. Love it and hope it never goes away. Besides that, he has virtually no connections or following outside of the Boston area, loves to throw out literary imagery regardless of it it makes sense or not (often taking up a quarter of his article), is a cranky-sounding guy, and ultimately is a reactionary (even if you thought Thornton shouldn't be captain, why on Earth would you say that before a playoff series with our biggest rival???). I'd bet serious money that in person KPD is a good guy and I'd like him as a friend but I would be scared if he was GM.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

Have to agree on Dupont. Must love to sit and read his own stuff and wish he were writing screenplays or something. His sunday notes are o.k, still to flowery for me. Has no connections from what i can tell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

KPD??? These guys do a horrible job of being on the forefront of the stories..
    Posted by paulyboy

This is shockingly true and also very puzzling. I don't know how many times I've checked this news organization's "Bruins Blog" only to see them citing an article from TSN or another outlet. Why isn't PC giving these guys the scoop? Incompetent? Useless? Unimportant? I have no idea, but I've been curious....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Stuart OUT :  Has no connections from what i can tell.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Lol, his connections are calling people somehow related to Boston/Mass. Very rarely do you get a quote from someone not related to the area.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think Dupont peed off Sinden a long way back and since then the pipeline has dried up. The Globe always seems to be the last ones to know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Very sad, if true. Love character guys, and Stuart definitely was one. He was arguaby our best defender in the playoffs last year. Good luck to Stuart if it's true. Glad for him that he'll be on a contender.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

R U smoking?  He only played 4 games in the playoffs last year and was awful, coming off of injury/infection.  He looked like he had on cement skates!  I say, nice guy, over-rated hockey player and I will not miss him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Boychuk should've been traded.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

sad to see stewie leave but glad he's going to a good franchise with fans that will love the caveman.  and what's up with all this kpd manlove?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

sad to see stewie leave but glad he's going to a good franchise with fans that will love the caveman.  and what's up with all this kpd manlove?
    Posted by Karl-Hungus

Not sure there is a lot of man-love for KPD. Most here enjoy his hockey notes, but think he's useless otherwise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

I'll miss Stuart if he goes, but that's all I'll say until it's confirmed.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

KPD??? When was the last time he broke a story? He is about as useful as Ecklund... KPD is always on mop up duty these days. These guys do a horrible job of being on the forefront of the stories..
    Posted by paulyboy

Dupont doesn't care about breaking stories.  There are plenty of chumps out there who play the "I put that out there 12 seconds before you" game.

Unlike those losers, the facts that Dupont reports are actually facts.  That's why he's the best source for info.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Stuart OUT : Possibly this is or would be a trade to clear cap space before acquiring another defenceman which wouldn't bump Bartkowski up to 7th .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Read to tell the truth yet?

Start here:  http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckCurrentPage=0

Sections
Shortcuts