Stuart Suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Stuart Suspension

Weak, weak, weak.  Come on Shanny let 'em play

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=686169&navid=nhl:topheads

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Stuart Suspension

I disagree.  I thought it was fair, he did target the head unnecessarily.  And on top of that, I think Stuart could have delivered a better hit had he targetted the middle of his chest instead of the head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How many elbows and shoulders to the head does Brad Stuart get ?

How many suspensions will it take ?

Stuart had every opportunity to hit Nash in the shoulders. The suspension isn't enough games because of his past hits. But lets put Stuart back on the ice very soon though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Hits like this are the exact reason why fighting will never be removed from the gm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It could have gone either way. The follow thru , in  some pics, misses the head as it is turned away, but the shoulder pads, encased in iron, are an uneccessary weapon. Where are those guys who were going to limit these overdone pads ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No sympathy for him. He was a horrible Bruin anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

i thought it was ok. Stuart was pinching on the play and timing wasnt the issue. obviously got him a bit high but didnt leave his feet and kept his shoulder/elbow down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

No blind side.  No hit from behind. He was going for the center of Nash's chest. His reputation got him the suspension, not the hit IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

agree with hang on this one

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

I think Shanahan's explanation is right on

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No blind side.  No hit from behind. He was going for the center of Nash's chest. His reputation got him the suspension, not the hit IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nash will be out for awhile with a concussion. Of course Stuart and his clean-non-head-hunting style of play will be back soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just watched it again. I still see no problem with the hit. Looks like Stuart squared himself to hit him right in the chest. Nash has a concussion, I can't help but think this in relation to how hard the shoulder pads are these days.

Sections
Shortcuts