Stubhub, ouch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Stubhub, ouch

Well over $600 for 2 tix and fees for Game 2.

With plane fare, hotels, rental car, ouch again, but its worth it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Stubhub, ouch

I'm aiming for game2 also.  Crossing my fingers on comps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Comps? Jeez.  I continue to send the StubHubs' kids through college.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

If you want tix to gm 1, send me a message before going to stubhub.  I know some Season ticket holders, pretty sure they have some tickets left.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

And all the hotel space downtown is unavailable.

Flying into Providence, I think we will stay out there.  I'll still need to find a Papa Gino's and some fried clams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

stubhub=legal scalping

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Go to Tampa. I can get tickets for game 4 for ~$100 per ticket. Hotel for $100 per night and the flight is around $300. So for the cost of your ticket, you can get a ticket, flight, and hotel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

In Response to Re: Stubhub, ouch:
    [QUOTE]Go to Tampa. I can get tickets for game 4 for ~$100 per ticket. Hotel for $100 per night and the flight is around $300. So for the cost of your ticket, you can get a ticket, flight, and hotel.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

nrguy I'm going to be vacationing in Sarasota next week. What kind of seats are you getting for $100?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

FP did you check online? they still have tickets avaible using ALLINBOLTS code. for presale. they are selling out now but they still have clubs for like 140ish and the channelside club side for 200, that comes with free food beer and wine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

[QUOTE]FP did you check online? they still have tickets avaible using ALLINBOLTS code. for presale. they are selling out now but they still have clubs for like 140ish and the channelside club side for 200, that comes with free food beer and wine.
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

Hi Sox. Yeah I checked online and have my sites on a couple of seats. I am sittting here waiting to hear from a friend who wants to go as well and he is waiting to hear from somebody who apparently has "connections". I am not going to wait much longer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

good choice.. hes not going to be able to get better prices for seats though, i have a ticket guy down here in tampa and the box office prices are the same as the season ticket price. unlike the regular season.. regular season games here you never buy from the box office for anything its much cheaper on the street or a ticket guy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

[QUOTE]good choice.. hes not going to be able to get better prices for seats though, i have a ticket guy down here in tampa and the box office prices are the same as the season ticket price. unlike the regular season.. regular season games here you never buy from the box office for anything its much cheaper on the street or a ticket guy
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

Aside from the live action in Tampa are you aware of any restaurants or places that will allow under agers in the Sarasota area that broadcast NHL games? I told the wife that the days are all hers but I will be watching a TV when the Bruins are on. I have been advised by several people who just returned from Florida that the chances of seeing a live NHL game on TV at a condo are slim or none. I also don't know if it might be streamed online.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

umm yeah there are lots of places i mean hooters would always allows all ages and isnt a bad place to see a game. but most of the places are all ages and such kids just cant sit at the bar. i dont know the sarasota area too well so i couldnt tell you of any for sure places other than hooters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

great trolls wife is from hooters, he should know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Go to Tampa. I can get tickets for game 4 for ~$100 per ticket. Hotel for $100 per night and the flight is around $300. So for the cost of your ticket, you can get a ticket, flight, and hotel.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Yes, good point, there were plenty of Bolts tix on Stubhub for half the price, but living in IL, I end up being "on the road" every time I see the B's play in Chicago or St Louis.  I decided if Im going to spend too much money anyway to fly somewhere and see them in the ECF, Ill go somewhere where everyone else will be cheering for them too for a change.

Plus I get Papa Gino's and fried clams.  No such stuff out here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Aside from the live action in Tampa are you aware of any restaurants or places that will allow under agers in the Sarasota area that broadcast NHL games?"

Hey, I live in Sarasota now.  Besides Hooters, there are several sports bars in town.  One suggestion would be the Ale HouseLots of TV's, good food, many beers on tap, reasonable prices, and kid friendly. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Wait until game day in the afternoon to buy from Stubhub. There are always hundreds of (often times over 1000) tickets left and the prices fall as the day goes on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Wait until game day in the afternoon to buy from Stubhub. There are always hundreds of (often times over 1000) tickets left and the prices fall as the day goes on.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

This is great advice. I've done this a couple of times and the prices really do drop dramatically over the course of game day.

Also, Tampa is a pretty cool place to watch a game. Have been there for a Bruins game once and it was a lot of fun. Warm weather, cool arena in a great spot, and knowledgable fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Ya not a fan of stubhub but, not that ace ticketing is any better but their better than stubhub. Might wanna look at them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GahdenBoy. Show GahdenBoy's posts

Got tickets for Game #2....Loge 7 Row 15 (Bruins Shoot Twice)....send me an e-mail if you're interested... gino.c@sympatico.ca....no fees and free shipping...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

Sox and Siesta thanks for the advice on where to see the Bruins on TV in Florida. Beach, beer, live hockey and hockey on TV..can't wait.

Sections
Shortcuts