Stunned is a good word

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Stunned is a good word

I doubt anyone saw this coming.  It is unbelievable that this team, with these players, have forgotten how to play the game. 

The defensive zone giveaways are absolutely brutal.  That pass from Corvo to Paille was a joke.  Either Corvo is playing blindfolded or he is just plain horrible.  His coverage on the 5th goal (or 6th, not sure - they are all blending together) was abominable.  Who was he covering? I'll answer that - he was covering no one.  Put Zanon in and call the Corvo experiment officially a bust. 

The lack of scoring from the top 6 (Krecji excluded, kind of) is inexcusable.  Two shots from Krecji's line last night, both from Caron.  Unreal.  This line has actually been OK, but they need to produce the goals to have a chance at winning.

The power play ineptness has finally caught up to them.  One PP goal since March 4.  Almost 2 weeks.  They have to find a way.

I'm not giving up on them until the last whistle, but things need to change.  Who do we look to to start making these changes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Stunned is a good word

I tried to think of the ** one word ** that describes this team and theres way to many to post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hang, we can only look at Claude. I agree on the non-performers like Corvo, but a number of Chara's passes were off the mark as well, and Seids is not contributing much at all. The forward lines were moving the puck, but Craig Ramsey's work with the Panthers defense is showing in addition to their veteran skills. They have also added selectively, like John Madden [sp.?] who has been a tough shut down artist for years, and Samuelson looks like a real gem. Boston's defensive alignment needs some changes, which Houda seemed to be pointing out during the game, but, the dependable players [Chara, Seidenberg] need to step up their performances. Corvo doesn't help defensively, and Boychuck is lost if he cannot pass back to Chara. Only Ference and McQ, who are both playing hurt, seem to be reliable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Stunned is a good word:
    [QUOTE]Hang, we can only look at Claude. I agree on the non-performers like Corvo, but a number of Chara's passes were off the mark as well, and Seids is not contributing much at all. The forward lines were moving the puck, but Craig Ramsey's work with the Panthers defense is showing in addition to their veteran skills. They have also added selectively, like John Madden [sp.?] who has been a tough shut down artist for years, and Samuelson looks like a real gem. Boston's defensive alignment needs some changes, which Houda seemed to be pointing out during the game, but, the dependable players [Chara, Seidenberg] need to step up their performances. Corvo doesn't help defensively, and Boychuck is lost if he cannot pass back to Chara. Only Ference and McQ, who are both playing hurt, seem to be reliable.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

A recurring theme for some.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Good thoughts bogie and I agree with your assessment.  Personally I only fault Claude for sticking with Corvo.  Other than that, I can't be too critical of his player selections.  Chara's and Seidenberg's problems are not CJ's problems - the players have to own their own problems, and right now they're not.

So  here we are again, questioning the on-ice leadership of this team.  To me, it's not just one guy. Chara and Bergeron are quiet leaders - there is no "Miracle on Ice" speech coming from either of these guys. 

Ultimately, this group functions on a "leadership by committee" basis, where everyone has a hand in the leadership function. 

Tomorrow's game will be interesting as Philly is really going to bring their physical game. I think we'll see pretty quickly whether the B's are up for it or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

This team needs to forget.  Forget that they won the cup.  Forget November-December.  Forget the trouncings, the bad play, and the bad luck.  Forget the injuries.  Forget how close they are to sliding out of first in the division, forget how quickly Buffalo, Winnipeg, and Washington are catching up.

Forget everything, and just go out and play their game until it works again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Saw what coming ? You win and you lose games in the regular season.
    Right now they are losing .
    I'll say I never saw this coming if they're out of the playoffs after their last game of the season.

I also don't believe in this fatigue factor.  The season is long for everyone, sure the Bruins had a short summer ,  athlete's recover after a couple months off.
    Right now it's their confidence causing mental errors . 
    A good example was their 6th goal.  Starts off looking like a 2 on 1 , Chara's back and Corvo is hustling back and makes it back to cover the 2nd Panther. 
    If fatigue was a factor in a game that is lost (at 5-2) it would have stayed a 2 on 1 but what I did see was one mistake after another .

1-Chara stops following the player with the puck and glides in front of the net to the opposite side.
    2- Corvo , if he saw Chara going the other way, he should go after the puck carrier but what does he do, also glides to the opposite side.
    3- Thomas, I don't know why he started cheating to the otherside when the Panther player without the puck shifted . Thomas stays put there , wastes less energy and in position .
    4- all 3 Bruin players were all going in the wrong direction, un-believable.

That is not fatigue,  it's running around, it's confidence in their abilities.
    What they need is an all out emotional game and the Flyers tomorrow might just produce that!
    I just hope it doesn't become a special teams game because there the Bruins will lose. If a Bruin goes into the box , a Flyer must follow.

“We can’t find a way to be effective, offensively or defensively,’’ said captain Zdeno Chara. “I can’t find a way to describe it.’’

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"but things need to change.  Who do we look to to start making these changes"

Spooner, Knight, KO KO, Caron, Sauve and Hamilton will be fun to watch battle for spots this fall. These are youthful changes just in case Chiarelli loses some bottom 6 forward vets to free agency.

I'm not stunned at all as the Bruins are dead legged. I look at Chicago's season last year after their cup run the year before and I'm not surprised by Boston's swoon right now. The nice thing is once the post season starts the regular season record gets thrown out the window.

I'm hanging in for the last whistle as well, not happily, but I'm trying.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I think the time has caught up to them...A long tough season last year and a short summer this year.....their legs are wearing thin boys....we may miss the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Saw what coming ? You win and you lose games in the regular season. Right now they are losing . I'll say I never saw this coming if they're out of the playoffs after their last game of the season. I also don't believe in this fatigue factor.  The season is long for everyone, sure the Bruins had a short summer ,  athlete's recover after a couple months off. Right now it's their confidence causing mental errors .  A good example was their 6th goal.  Starts off looking like a 2 on 1 , Chara's back and Corvo is hustling back and makes it back to cover the 2nd Panther.  If fatigue was a factor in a game that is lost (at 5-2) it would have stayed a 2 on 1 but what I did see was one mistake after another . 1-Chara stops following the player with the puck and glides in front of the net to the opposite side. 2- Corvo , if he saw Chara going the other way, he should go after the puck carrier but what does he do, also glides to the opposite side. 3- Thomas, I don't know why he started cheating to the otherside when the Panther player without the puck shifted . Thomas stays put there , wastes less energy and in position . 4- all 3 Bruin players were all going in the wrong direction, un-believable. That is not fatigue,  it's running around, it's confidence in their abilities. What they need is an all out emotional game and the Flyers tomorrow might just produce that! I just hope it doesn't become a special teams game because there the Bruins will lose. If a Bruin goes into the box , a Flyer must follow. “We can’t find a way to be effective, offensively or defensively,’’ said captain Zdeno Chara. “I can’t find a way to describe it.’’
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

They are not just losing.  They are being overwhelmed by mediocre teams.  Granted, most of the mistakes are their own doing and not necessarily due to the efforts of the opponent.  I know they can play better but sooner or later they have to decide to do so.  To me it doesn't look like they know how to do that right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I think the time has caught up to them...A long tough season last year and a short summer this year.....their legs are wearing thin boys....we may miss the playoffs.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]

Even Mucko has come out of the woodwork.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's hard to not be concerned with the Bruins' play over the last while.  I credit Julien for not leaning on the injury list with some players important to the success of the team.  He could have but we've seen that's not his style.  I've posted this before but maybe it bears repeating here.  Scotty Bowman has said in his experience team slumps are the result of players, subtly, unconsciously and slowly allowing bad habits to enter their game.  He said they often don't realize it.  After past losses Julien has stated what the club didn't do to get a win. 

I think we don't have to look further than the formerly tightly-structured Bruin D to see the deterioration in their play.  Since when did Chara & Co. scramble around as they have in their end?  Letting forwards get to rebounds on the crease doorstep and bang them in?  Lately it seems the club that often allowed maybe 1 or 2 goals against is giving up no less than 4. 

I don't doubt the team flow has been interrupted by the injuries.  I don't doubt the lack of faith in their game has caused them to be mentally flat which may explain their deflated play.  For years we've heard coaches whose teams are in a dip say everyone's afraid to make a mistake that costs a game.  That seems to be the Bruins right now. Add to this they're the champs so expectations are clearly higher than when they dropped 10 straight 2 years ago. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

One word?

SAD.

Sections
Shortcuts