Stupid Columbus Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Stupid Columbus Fans

You know what I hate?  Pink hat fans who bang on the glass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Stupid Columbus Fans

No doubt about the wine coolers...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nice I sing the Bruce Willis Seagram's song while I'm drinking them as well it's allot of fun.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I will say this: I completely lose respect for any team that employs a strobe light on the opposing goalie when the home team scores. Busch league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans:[QUOTE]I will say this: I completely lose respect for any team that employs a strobe light on the opposing goalie when the home team scores. Busch league. Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Yah I didn't notice that before and they just threw it on Lucic when the powerplay was called that is terrible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It happens all the time at the Garden, fans hitting the glass.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Is this really a thread?  Come on.  Nitpicking...

This is what I'd do if I could afford those seats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-EkKnMgEjGc

Disclaimer: I probably not actually do this if I could afford these seats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, it's a thread.  It drives me crazy.  Some arenas have the glass mic'ed up to magnify checks, but instead all we get is some fat bastig banging on the glass.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I suppose it wouldn't do much good to point out that a more skilled audio engineer would move the mic after a period upon hearing said annoying banging for 20 minutes.

Agreed NAS - it's driving me nuts, too. We just seem to have different pet peeves, but that's all good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, it's a thread.  It drives me crazy.  Some arenas have the glass mic'ed up to magnify checks, but instead all we get is some fat bastig banging on the glass.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahaha, the best part about this is that you got mad at another poster for creating a thread complaining about the sound quality that NESN provides.  Congratulations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]I will say this: I completely lose respect for any team that employs a strobe light on the opposing goalie when the home team scores. Busch league.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I caught a game at NW Arena a few years ago on one of my 5 game road trips and definately a circus atmosphere. They superimpose Bluejacket jerseys on fans in the stands with opposing jerseys. They do the kiss-cam around the arena and end it with two players on the opposing bench. The night I was there the Red Wings players played along with the antics then commenced to beat the pulp out of them on the ice. The pic below was not from that game but set the stage for future games.
    steveyzerman

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

How bad are the CBJ play by play guys?  They wouldn't stop whining about the goal tending interference penalty they got...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

If anyone pays the money for glass seats I have no problem if they bang the glass. Only time I sat on the glass me and my friends almost got kicked out of the gardern for hitting the glass to distract the other teams D man. Granted we were pretty drunk and this was while the bruins were horrid so any kind of cheering for the bruins actualy offended the season ticket holders who were around us and for the most part seemed to be yuppies and suits. Looking back I guess there was no good reason to bang the glass as much as we did all I had was brushed hands the next day. Usualy I sit in the balcony so I guess I pounded the glass that game just because I could and we actualy were getting under the skin of brian allen who played for the panthers at the time. Me and some friends chipped in and bout glass seats because of buddy had just returned home from serving in Iraq. We also were able to get the score keepers when they were leaving the ice to toss him a game puck saying he just came back toss him a puck and one of them actualy did. Hockey by far has the best people in it than any of the other major pro sports. Sorry for the soap box. It doesn't bother me maybe because the fans in the old garden used to do it all the time and the fans in that old barn were about the biggest definition of an anti pinkhat as you could find in all of sports.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

Guys, I live in Columbus, this is a minor league town, with minor league fans, on most nights they can't fill the place when for $25 you get a ticket, a parking pass, a hop dog, coke and ice cream. Most -people don't realize how bad the announcers are because no one here understands the game and they are overshadowed by Ohio State athletics.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]If anyone pays the money for glass seats I have no problem if they bang the glass. Only time I sat on the glass me and my friends almost got kicked out of the gardern for hitting the glass to distract the other teams D man. Granted we were pretty drunk and this was while the bruins were horrid so any kind of cheering for the bruins actualy offended the season ticket holders who were around us and for the most part seemed to be yuppies and suits. Looking back I guess there was no good reason to bang the glass as much as we did all I had was brushed hands the next day. Usualy I sit in the balcony so I guess I pounded the glass that game just because I could and we actualy were getting under the skin of brian allen who played for the panthers at the time. Me and some friends chipped in and bout glass seats because of buddy had just returned home from serving in Iraq. We also were able to get the score keepers when they were leaving the ice to toss him a game puck saying he just came back toss him a puck and one of them actualy did. Hockey by far has the best people in it than any of the other major pro sports. Sorry for the soap box. It doesn't bother me maybe because the fans in the old garden used to do it all the time and the fans in that old barn were about the biggest definition of an anti pinkhat as you could find in all of sports.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

You also think it's okay for people to throw stuff on the ice in protest.

I had Loge season tickets in the old Garden for many, many years.  I don't recall people banging on the glass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : Hahahahahaha, the best part about this is that you got mad at another poster for creating a thread complaining about the sound quality that NESN provides.  Congratulations.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan[/QUOTE]

That's false.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

The glass-banging is annoying.*

But compared to the cartoon mascot who fires a cannon after CBJ scores? It's like Masterpiece Theater.

*baseball equivalent: The idiots in Anaheim a few years back who needed "thunder sticks" to make their noise heard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The glass-banging is annoying.* But compared to the cartoon mascot who fires a cannon after CBJ scores? It's like Masterpiece Theater. *baseball equivalent: The idiots in Anaheim a few years back who needed "thunder sticks" to make their noise heard.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    You must be referencing the last time the Red Sox met up with them in the playoffs. Who won again?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Perhaps if those down at the ACC hit the glass it would at least indicate they were awake and had a pulse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The glass-banging is annoying.* But compared to the cartoon mascot who fires a cannon after CBJ scores? It's like Masterpiece Theater. *baseball equivalent: The idiots in Anaheim a few years back who needed "thunder sticks" to make their noise heard.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I think that part is great.  In today's hockey world of every single arena feels like every single other arena, at least it's unique.  When the Pats score at home, Minutemen fire their rifles.  I think that's pretty awesome.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Is this really a thread?  Come on.  Nitpicking... This is what I'd do if I could afford those seats: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-EkKnMgEjGc Disclaimer: I probably not actually do this if I could afford these seats.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan[/QUOTE]

I was watching that game.  I couldn't believe that clown did that.  Lupal thought about it and skated away.  I wish he would have made the guy at least a little uncomfortable.  Big tough guy behind the glass. 
    As for the glass banging.  Who cares.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : You also think it's okay for people to throw stuff on the ice in protest. I had Loge season tickets in the old Garden for many, many years.  I don't recall people banging on the glass.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I don't remember it mutch from being there in person granted I was very young when my father would usualy take me to a couple games a year in the old garden. On tv it seemed people hit the glass alot though. Not sure if it was because of the mics placed there for tv. How many years did you have season tickets? I am gusssing those seats must have been amazing to have.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : You must be referencing the last time the Red Sox met up with them in the playoffs. Who won again?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Law of averges the angels had to win a series vs the sox sometime lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

banging the glass is not that bad, but those flashing lights are  really bush league.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : You must be referencing the last time the Red Sox met up with them in the playoffs. Who won again? Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

No I think his "Nasness" was referencing to the post seasons of 86', 04', 07' and 08'. The World Series isn't hand wrapped for you just yet rally monkey...

Sections
Shortcuts