Stupid Columbus Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Stupid Columbus Fans

In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans:
    [QUOTE]banging the glass is not that bad, but those flashing lights are  really bush league.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

The glass banging was annoying and I couldn't figure out where the heck it was coming from at first. I thought there was glass somewhere near Edwards and Brickley at first. Put the mikes in a spot where the sounds of the players and the game are heard not some dummy high fiving the glass.

As far as the lights bogie , wasn't it giving you flashbacks of your Travolta days out on the dance floor ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

The one that really got me was how stupid the Columbus fans were booing that goaltender interferance call, they must have gone on booing for ten minutes after the play in which the Bruins did'nt score anyway.It reminds me of how those ignorant fans in Buffalo react to every play they think should be called a penalty.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : No I think his "Nasness" was referencing to the post seasons of 86', 04', 07' and 08'. The World Series isn't hand wrapped for you just yet rally monkey...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, that one stings but I love it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : Law of averges the angels had to win a series vs the sox sometime lol
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    The Sox owned the Angels up until the last series. I don't like meeting the Sox in the 1st round.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The one that really got me was how stupid the Columbus fans were booing that goaltender interferance call, they must have gone on booing for ten minutes after the play in which the Bruins did'nt score anyway.It reminds me of how those ignorant fans in Buffalo react to every play they think should be called a penalty.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]
    That was a brutally bad call though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]The one that really got me was how stupid the Columbus fans were booing that goaltender interferance call, they must have gone on booing for ten minutes after the play in which the Bruins did'nt score anyway.It reminds me of how those ignorant fans in Buffalo react to every play they think should be called a penalty.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

If that happened to the Bruins and I were there, I'd boo until the end of the game.  That call was nuts.  The league is now going to treat goaltenders like Piping Plovers I guess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : You must be referencing the last time the Red Sox met up with them in the playoffs. Who won again?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Must have been those Thunder Sticks that did the trick ;-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Columbus is still better than the Hartford Civic Center escapades....  T shirt cannons and the stupid "Brass Bonanza" song!  No wonder Dineen was a pain in the azz while playing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : I think that part is great.  In today's hockey world of every single arena feels like every single other arena, at least it's unique.  When the Pats score at home, Minutemen fire their rifles.  I think that's pretty awesome.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Gag! No, we must part ways on this one, Mr. NAS. In fact, every time the Pats' Minute Men fire their rounds after a TD all I can think of is that one day there's gonna be an "F-Troop" moment when some idiot puts live rounds in the gun and takes out the scoreboard.

Count me out on the cheesy post-goal/TD/Home run shenanigans*. I liked the old days when the organ provided the music, and the fans provided the noise level in direct proportion to the  significance of the goal and the amount of effort put in by the team without a Jumbotron instructing them to "make some noise" like they're a bunch of medical test monkeys.

*I catch myself in my own lie on this one, given the fact that the Brewers' Mascot sliding into a beer mug after a home run is and always will be simply outstanding. As such, you may want to disregard the rest of my old man shaking his fist and telling kids to get off his lawn rant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I have no problem with glass banging in any rink. I really liked the cannon+music that came on after Nash scored a goal, I thought it was the best goal celebration I've seen in the league. I'd love for the Bruins to have something like that, it would get me really pumped if I was there. The 'boooing' of the Boston powerplay I thought was really effective. It made the Bruins feel guilty for having a man up that they didn't deserve. They couldn't get anything going. That is a great example of home fans affecting a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I have no problem with glass banging in any rink. I really liked the cannon+music that came on after Nash scored a goal, I thought it was the best goal celebration I've seen in the league. I'd love for the Bruins to have something like that, it would get me really pumped if I was there. The 'boooing' of the Boston powerplay I thought was really effective. It made the Bruins feel guilty for having a man up that they didn't deserve. They couldn't get anything going. That is a great example of home fans affecting a game.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify , you are being sarcastic right ? They did score 3 PPG's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I have no problem with CBJ fans. They are excitable, loud, and easily the most most engaged fans of any of the expanson teams. Good to see.

Ever been to a Leafs game in TO? Sure its sold out but half the crowd are just a bunch of corporate suits networking and completely unaware of what is going on. Very sad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Nope.  They did great on the pp, except on the one where Columbus booed relentlessly. On that one they couldn't gain the zone. I think that speaks to the effectiveness of Columbus crowd.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : Just to clarify , you are being sarcastic right ? They did score 3 PPG's.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I have no problem with CBJ fans. They are excitable, loud, and easily the most most engaged fans of any of the expanson teams. Good to see. Ever been to a Leafs game in TO? Sure its sold out but half the crowd are just a bunch of corporate suits networking and completely unaware of what is going on. Very sad.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

I consider any team that was added to the 21 to be expansion (not including Minnesota).  I think SJ, Tampa and Anaheim have pretty good fans. Most would say that Colorado fans are okay also.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : No I think his "Nasness" was referencing to the post seasons of 86', 04', 07' and 08'. The World Series isn't hand wrapped for you just yet rally monkey...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Not me.  I don't follow steroid-ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

The one that really got me was how stupid the Columbus fans were booing that goaltender interferance call, they must have gone on booing for ten minutes after the play in which the Bruins did'nt score anyway.It reminds me of how those ignorant fans in Buffalo react to every play they think should be called a penalty.
    Posted by john6345
    You're right about the call Not-A-Shot .But they went on whining about the call so long it reminded me of the crybabys in Montreal or Vancouver .Just wondering if you heard the comments by Ryan Kessler after last nights game agains Ottawa?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Nope.  They did great on the pp, except on the one where Columbus booed relentlessly. On that one they couldn't gain the zone. I think that speaks to the effectiveness of Columbus crowd. In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans :

........or quite possibly what's happening on the ice and the ineffectiveness of the Bruins PP at that time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It absolutely could have nothing to do with the crowd and there is no way to prove whether it had an impact or not. But I thought the pp was good last night except for that one time when the crowd was relentless. It seemed that all of the Bruins couldn't focus.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : ........or quite possibly what's happening on the ice and the ineffectiveness of the Bruins PP at that time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]It absolutely could have nothing to do with the crowd and there is no way to prove whether it had an impact or not. But I thought the pp was good last night except for that one time when the crowd was relentless. It seemed that all of the Bruins couldn't focus. In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans :

Ya no way of knowing but if it really worked maybe the Blue Jacket fans should boo the opposition's PP every time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : Ya no way of knowing but if it really worked maybe the Blue Jacket fans should boo the opposition's PP every time.

It wasn't the sound that was propsed to have been bothering the Bruins, but the guilt of knowing it was a totally false PP.  The booing was to have been a reminder.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Should have heard the rink in the Peg the other night - instead of banging on the glass, the entire front row would intermittently kick the boards in rythm. If i ever go back to that rink, I'm wearing earplugs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : Just to clarify , you are being sarcastic right ? They did score 3 PPG's.

Yes  but the one Oates was referring to was terrible . btw wasn't it on that PP that Chara got hurt ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Columbus Fans : It wasn't the sound that was propsed to have been bothering the Bruins, but the guilt of knowing it was a totally false PP.  The booing was to have been a reminder.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

My sister-in-law was wondering why I was upset that Bruins were going on a PP. Bogus call . 
    As unbelievable as it sounds it really did look like the Bruins felt like killing off the 2mins and didn't feel right to attack.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

That's what the NHL gets for over expansion..."Columbus Blue Jackets" - seriously? How bout that logo with the cannon?  Couldn't get any more lame.

What's next? Hockey in Phoenix, maybe Nashville, or a team named the "mighty ducks"??? that's "keenly alive and exuberant" !

Sections
Shortcuts