Stupid Islanders and Oilers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Stupid Islanders and Oilers

Wow have they not seen Kulimen play? 4mil per year for him and 5mil fro Grabo

Wow Oilers Poiliot takes dumb penalties every game he was major reason for Bruins loss to Caps.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Stupid Islanders and Oilers

I kinda like Grabo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I kinda like Grabo.

I do too but not at 5 mil.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I kinda like Grabo.

Considering he's a Russian on the small side? I nick named him the Timex! Takes a licking & keeps on ticking! One of my fav's as far as Russian's go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

I kinda like Grabo.

I do too but not at 5 mil.

The guy has had a couple of down seasons, but he knows how to put the puck in the net.

How much would you suggest paying in today's market for a 25 goal scorer?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

25 goal scorer?  I thought they were talking about Grabasski?

Last couple of seasons, he's gone Steve Sax.  Used to be able to put the puck in the net, but now it's like his eyes and his hands are disconnected.  Not the same player.  We'll see what playing on the Island does for him.  Maybe he draws Tavares?

Not quite OT, but I still can't believe it's Buffalo who executed the Vanek/Moulson+1st+2nd deal then flipped Moulson for a grunt and two second rounders.  Then re-signed Moulson.  I mean, neither Vanek nor Moulson was going to help them in any way last year, and they certainly were better off tanking (lottery notwithstanding).  So they got a first and three thirds and they get Moulson back to see where they stand this year.  That's pretty good.  Garth Snow, as of now?  If he's taking a leak right now, then he's pretty much left with his .... in his hands to show for this pick and his top line winger.  That's much dumber than signing Grabovski.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Anyone know how the Islanders got that first round pick back?  The Moulson-Vanek deal included the Isles' pick going to the Sabres, but Dal Colle is a fishstick, so...how did that happen?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Anyone know how the Islanders got that first round pick back?  The Moulson-Vanek deal included the Isles' pick going to the Sabres, but Dal Colle is a fishstick, so...how did that happen?

They could choose between giving up their 2014 or 2015 pick I guess they expect to do well this upcoming season

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I didn't look very hard, but I didn't see that mentioned in any of the stories about the deal.  Probably smartest thing Snow did in that deal was protect this year's 1st; the downside is he has to save himself from an even worse finish next year.  That might be tricky if Grabovski and Kulemin don't give him the scoring to go with Tavares and Okposo.  Or if Neilsen and Grabner have off years.  Or if Halak and OchoCinco aren't better than Nabokov and whoever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sorry I don't have a link or reference to it but I a 95% certain this is the case.

Would be funny if the Isles tanked next season and had the opportunity to pick first overall....no McDavid for them

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hearing that these two have some agreement that they would play on the same line -- part of the courting and agreement from Greg Cronin who's now with the Isles, apparently.  That means neither plays with Tavares.  It also means, I guess, that Nelson and Strome will be used at wing instead of center, since Neilsen surely stays a pivot.

Can't quite figure out the plan...

Nelson-Tavares-Okposo

Kulemin-Grabo-Bailey

Strome?-Neilsen-Conacher/Clutterbuck

Weird.

Sections
Shortcuts