STURM DEAL REVISITED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

STURM DEAL REVISITED

hopefully mr dreger gets it right this time

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=345050

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED

Hopefully it gets done this time. It makes sense for both sides & hopefully Sturm, who has been a good soldier about this, can move on while the Bs free up some cap space. Best of luck to Marco. It wasn't his fault for the circumstances he was acquired under.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

STURM WATCH BEGINS AGAIN

Left winger Marco Sturm remains with the Boston Bruins, but possibly not for much longer.

On Wednesday – less than a week after a deal that would’ve sent him to the Los Angeles Kings fell throughESPNBoston.com’s James Murphy claimed not only that Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli was still shopping Sturm, but also that a deal with the Kings might still happen, possibly by the end of this week.

The original deal supposedly had the Kings sending a conditional draft pick to the Bruins for Sturm as Boston cannot afford to take cap space back, but a recent injury to Mark Stuart has sparked rumors Chiarelli might also be in the market for an affordable blueliner.

If I was to pick a D-man it would be a prospect for CAP reasons & it would be Thomas Hickey or Colton Tuebert, the guy that broke Caron's collarbone in WJH tryouts. It would be difficult to pry these guys out of LA but they do get a roster player in STurm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll miss Marco his last few years here were just tough injury breaks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh, this just has to be so difficult for him to deal with.  You're traded.  You're not traded.  You're traded.  Waive it.  Don't waive it. 

If the Bruins continue to fool around with this classy veteran and his NTC, no free agent will ever sign in Boston ever again!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED:
    Oh, this just has to be so difficult for him to deal with.  You're traded.  You're not traded.  You're traded.  Waive it.  Don't waive it.  If the Bruins continue to fool around with this classy veteran and his NTC, no free agent will ever sign in Boston ever again!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Your are so stuck on this no one will ever sign in Boston, your full of it NAS. Any player who thinks that this game is not about business shouldnt play in the NHL.
    Geez Chara, bergeron and savard just signed along with TT. I guess they werent scared away ha?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm a huge Sturm fan and would love to see him stay, but when you look at the roster I just don't see how he's an upgrade over what we have going. You can't really argue with Ryder's production versus Sturm's unknown production, and there's still excitement with that Seguin-Savard-Ryder line once they have more time to gel. Wheeler is cheaper than Sturm, younger and still has that "potential" factor. Why touch role players / Soup line guys?

There's just nowhere for the guy to go unless an injury happens. I suppose having him play in Providence and "wait" for an injury is an option, but the risk of waiver claims is real and it's a poor way to treat a veteran.

Soooooo...good luck Sturm. I'll miss that goal celebration of yours. Pure joy to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Now NAS maybe your Zach Hamil will be added with Sturm to get Hickey or Tuebert for the blue line. PC should add a prospect to make a move for one these d men or get a better pick for trade deadline or draft season. The providence bruins are doing the hollywood shuffle as of late.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Good soldier for the Bs. There are much worse places to be traded to, so from that point of view, Enjoy Marco. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Actually what he probably means is no quality free agent. Look at the boobs Sinden hired the last two years he was GM. This is of course after signing Moriss and then trading him half a season later.

In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED : Your are so stuck on this no one will ever sign in Boston, your full of it NAS. Any player who thinks that this game is not about business shouldnt play in the NHL. Geez Chara, bergeron and savard just signed along with TT. I guess they werent scared away ha?
    Posted by wallydouglas

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I enjoyed Sturm's play and game.  His speed would be great in the playoffs.  His family apparently enjoys Boston.  Now reality, it is a business.  People get hired, transferred, and let go for various reasons in the "real" business world.  Marco you will be missed, but if in fact you are upset, well too bad.  As for free agents not signing, Chara and Savard last year signed long term contracts.  Both were initially free agents.  Easy to figure out Boston is not a bad place for free agents. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Now NAS maybe your Zach Hamil will be added with Sturm to get Hickey or Tuebert for the blue line. PC should add a prospect to make a move for one these d men or get a better pick for trade deadline or draft season. The providence bruins are doing the hollywood shuffle as of late.
    Posted by boborielly224

Don't you say such things! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I can't wait for it to be finalized so NAS finds something else to tease all of you.  Wally come one !  He's the king of insensitive on that issue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

I enjoyed Sturm's play and game.  His speed would be great in the playoffs.  His family apparently enjoys Boston.  Now reality, it is a business.  People get hired, transferred, and let go for various reasons in the "real" business world.  Marco you will be missed, but if in fact you are upset, well too bad.  As for free agents not signing, Chara and Savard last year signed long term contracts.  Both were initially free agents.  Easy to figure out Boston is not a bad place for free agents. 
    Posted by islamorada

he lives in NH

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Marco thanks for the good work in Boston and the excitment after each goal you've scored we will miss that ...but Good Luck with the Kings ...too bad you won't be part of the parade in June

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I can't wait for it to be finalized so NAS finds something else to tease all of you.  Wally come one !  He's the king of insensitive on that issue.
    Posted by BsLegion

How am I getting long-time members to bite on this insane sarcasm?  I'm lmao here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED : How am I getting long-time members to bite on this insane sarcasm?  I'm lmao here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

and so am I LOL.  You got me the first time you posted this .
    You're having too fun.
    I think by the end of the season you'll start a Seguin "fishing" thread. Interesting the content that'll be used as bait.
    It's a long season and you're already banking the comments,  I'm certain.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED : and so am I LOL.  You got me the first time you posted this . You're having too fun. I think by the end of the season you'll start a Seguin "fishing" thread. Interesting the content that'll be used as bait. It's a long season and you're already banking the comments,  I'm certain.
    Posted by BsLegion

Duinne where are you?  Cowowdunga NAS!   Substance please! Clairvoyance is brilliant in a bubble?  

Here is one for the times:  You predicted the Hunwick trade but you were not so much the prognosticator on the Horton trade, heh? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED : Duinne where are you?  Cowowdunga NAS!   Substance please! Clairvoyance is brilliant in a bubble?   Here is one for the times:  You predicted the Hunwick trade but you were not so much the prognosticator on the Horton trade, heh? 
    Posted by islamorada

Nope, I was a million miles off the Horton deal.  Couldn't be happier about it, however.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Oh, this just has to be so difficult for him to deal with.  You're traded.  You're not traded.  You're traded.  Waive it.  Don't waive it.  If the Bruins continue to fool around with this classy veteran and his NTC, no free agent will ever sign in Boston ever again!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

3.5 million reasons a year should help soften the blow. I'm sure Chia wont have any problems trying to sign any free agents......money talks, B.S walks.      Just because your arrogant nas does'nt mean your right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED : Nope, I was a million miles off the Horton deal.  Couldn't be happier about it, however.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

These comments don't interpret arrogance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I would have liked the bruins to keep Sturm, and trade Ryder.
    A #2 "triple S" line of; STURM   SAVARD   SEGUIN could have been sweet.
    Since Ryder is Julien's love child. I'm sure this option was not even discussed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: STURM DEAL REVISITED : These comments don't interpret arrogance.
    Posted by BsLegion

No the comments don't read arrogance.  But, the earlier ones made in the thread are just childish.  It is a forum for thought not for play.  Time to move on.  It has been fun to read commentaries and try to participate with some really insightful posters.  Yet if the posters of the forum are into baiting for self enjoyment, then I will go back to reading elsewhere. Cheers.  Go Bs!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

All I can say about Sturm is I'll always remember him for his single-handed effort in providing the game-winner in Game 6 vs. Montreal. One of the great micro-moments in B's history. Too bad game 7 was such a disaster. (They usually are for the Black and Gold.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Bruins Pre-game reports that Sturm is traded to LA Kings for future considerations.

Sections
Shortcuts