Sturm in Providence until playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sturm in Providence until playoffs?

Reading the Boston.com posts over the past few weeks, I noted a posting that stated Sturm could play in Providence until the playoffs, without cap ramifications.  Is this possible? if in fact the Bs are in the playoffs.  I understand the wavier issue as well, but does it apply to the playoffs?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Re: Sturm in Providence until playoffs?

Placing Sturm on waivers is one option but let's look at this- is there any other Bruins with a decent cap hit that should be put on waivers before Sturm?

Ryder? Playing decent hockey but is Sturm better than him?

My personal choice- Wheeler and Paille to clear space for Sturm, but i doubt PC is willing to give up on Wheeler.

Point is, it doesn't have to be Sturm getting moved.  How Sturm is able to bounce back is a big question mark, but he was the teams leading scorer and he would be a good addition to the roster...If he gets traded, so be it but don't give him away...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I'd take Sturm over Ryder most any day, but damage has been done to the relationship between #16 and the Bruins. You have to take that into consideration because chemistry matters, whether player-player, player-coach, or player-management. With the damage done already, Sturm has to be the one to go.

If Sturm was still injured, the Bruins could send him to Providence on a "conditioning stint" but that would be limited to just a few games/weeks. Sturm would avoid waivers but this is only a patch-work solution.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm in Providence until playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]I'd take Sturm over Ryder most any day, but damage has been done to the relationship between #16 and the Bruins. You have to take that into consideration because chemistry matters, whether player-player, player-coach, or player-management. With the damage done already, Sturm has to be the one to go. If Sturm was still injured, the Bruins could send him to Providence on a "conditioning stint" but that would be limited to just a few games/weeks. Sturm would avoid waivers but this is only a patch-work solution.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I don't think damage would be an issue.  Sturm says he likes the team and the organization.  I think he'd get over the hurt pretty quick with a roster spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Scoot, I have no doubt that for $3.5 million and a chance to give his kids/family some stability, Sturm would bite the bullet. But he won't be a happy camper and I personally believe a persons psychological state has a significant impact on their performance, so I would trade Sturm based on what's gone on and been reported. Also, I highly doubt he'll re-sign here now so to get some sort of return it would be best to part ways.

It's like a breakup that turned out much worse than it needed to....Sturm's a nice girl and all, but it just wasn't going to work out....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm in Providence until playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Scoot, I have no doubt that for $3.5 million and a chance to give his kids/family some stability, Sturm would bite the bullet. But he won't be a happy camper and I personally believe a persons psychological state has a significant impact on their performance, so I would trade Sturm based on what's gone on and been reported. Also, I highly doubt he'll re-sign here now so to get some sort of return it would be best to part ways. It's like a breakup that turned out much worse than it needed to....Sturm's a nice girl and all, but it just wasn't going to work out....
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I think we, as fans, read far more into the "hurt" than exists.  These guys are professionals, and understand the business.  Especially in a case like this, when Marco knew full well what the financial picture was.  He understands somebody had to go.  To carry the analogy further...It's not like they cheated on him with another sniper.  Oh well, sounds like it's a moot point now, he's of to La La land.