Sturm on waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Sturm on waivers

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
    Pierre LeBrun
    @Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
    Today's waiver list: Rivet on re-entry; Bernier cleared; Mike Smith cleared; Marco Sturm on waivers; Nick Boynton on waivers;

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Sturm on waivers

Ahhh, so Chiarelli dumped a ton of salary on a guy that ends up on waivers in 2 months?

Any questions, PC bashers?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Maybe this sets up a big trade for the Kings?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Who signed Sturm in the first place?

Thanks for playing!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

PC should claim him LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I applauded the move and said he was lucky someone was dumb enough to take him.

Isn't O'Connell heading up the Kings these days. lol

Jacobs sure does know how to hire 'em.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm on waivers:
    [QUOTE]Who signed Sturm in the first place? Thanks for playing!
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]
    You fail, he's not here anymore that's all that matters. PC was smart enough to see that Sturm was running on empty and wouldn't work out and eat up his salary here in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

FIRE PC!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Mike O'connell-thanks for playing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

He was a good player when he was signed, one of the best forwards on the team for a couple seasons.  Got his money's worth out of him.

That is exactly how a GM should play it -- sign 'em when they're good, dump em' when they're bad.  Brilliant.

Do your homework.  Thanks for playing!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I actually like Sturm. It's a shame he had the injury issues. Played hard.  Too bad.

He was the only good player O'Connell got in the Thornton deal. Stuart was completely overrated and Primeau was at best a 3rd line player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I'm pretty sure Chia signed him to the extension...no?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pretty sure Chia signed him to the extension...no?
    Resigning a player that was already on the roster is  smarter than having him walk for nothing isn't it?Add to that the fact he was Boston's top goal scorer for most of the time he played for them.So what is it you suggest PC should've done regarding Sturm?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Chia signed the extension, it was a good signing, got a couple good years and then a good dump on LA this year.  O'Connel doesn't run LA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Is it a bad signing if the guy doesn't produce due to an injury incurred after the signing took place?  In my opinion, it is not.  I know others feel differently so I'm asking anyone interested to answer the question. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I applauded the move and said he was lucky someone was dumb enough to take him. Isn't O'Connell heading up the Kings these days. lol Jacobs sure does know how to hire 'em.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

No.  MOC is the director of player development in LA.

HUGE demotion from GM, as well it should be.

It's about as best as he's qualified to do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Is it a bad signing if the guy doesn't produce due to an injury incurred after the signing took place?  In my opinion, it is not.  I know others feel differently so I'm asking anyone interested to answer the question. 
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Of course it isn't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

too bad for Marco. Two bad knee injuries takes it's toll on a quality guy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]too bad for Marco. Two bad knee injuries takes it's toll on a quality guy
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I wish him the best.  He always played 100% and scored some classic goals for the Bruins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Marco was a great addition to the Bs team. He was acquired for Jumbo Joe as a player who had tremendous upside.  He had good seasons with the Bs.  A playoff sniper.  He blew out his knees after signing an extension. If he is the typical hockey player, he is bummed out as his career maybe coming to an end.  He has been duly paid for being an excellent player and hopefully will return to Boston to live.  He liked the area. Thanks Marco.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Koregan1. Show Koregan1's posts

Wish Marco the Best...classic coal against the Habs in the playoffs...

"Holldddsss, Holdddssss" -Jack Edwards w/ the call

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He was a better signing than Ryder. Put it that way.  At least with a healthy Sturm you knew you'd get 25 goals every year.

Just didnt' work out, which I am sure he isn't happy about either. But, at the time it was the right kind of extension.

When you start injuring knees over and over at that age, it ain't a good thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

He was always a sniper, unfortunate that he had injury issues.  Always liked the guy.  He sure made my day at the Winter Classic better.

PC clearly made the right move.  I understood it at the time, but I hated seeing them subtract any more offense from this club.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]too bad for Marco. Two bad knee injuries takes it's toll on a quality guy
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

especially a guy like sturm whos game was focused around his great speed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

If I had the choice, I would take Sturm over Ryder...but then again, id trade Ryder for a traffic cone and a puck signed by Ray Bourque.

Sections
Shortcuts