sturm ryder and wheels which one goes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

sturm ryder and wheels which one goes?

What do you want bruins fan just curious:

Sturm- a injured prone goal scorer with PK abilities

Ryder- a streaky goal scorer who plays when he feels like it

Wheels- a young player with no grit and can score sometimes

All Three- to clear cap space for deadline or next season

Aprox. contract 9.6 million, my answer is all three if PC can pull off this I would be very happy.Time to get the youth involve. Just use the above three for Prospects or picks. Sturm will end up in LA, Ryder will end up STL and Wheels to NYI. If I had a choice of the three I would keep Sturm at least he can still play with heart.

Our Bruins Roster

Lucic Krejci Horton

Caron Savy Seguin

Marchand( Sturm if can't trade) Bergy Rechhi

Paille  Campbell Thornton

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Re: sturm ryder and wheels which one goes?

Can we Trade the Coach?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

we already know that sturm is on the trading block and that deal isnt done due to a minor issue, if hes not traded hes in providence, with no salary cap issues left. The Bs have good depth to replace any injuries if need be. If theres a need at the trade deadline expect a trade then but for now, you wont see anything else, unless theres a good offer for say wheeler or ryder

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Playing Paille and Caron instead of Ryder and Wheeler makes the team worse. Wheeler is one of our best penalty killers and allows the Bs to run out 3 quality PK forward lines. Ryder, while you might not like him, has been productive this year. With Hunwick gone there is no reason you should get rid of 2 and keep Paille.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lets see here a 5-6Mil sniper with Caron or two wingnuts worth 6.2Mil hmmm what would should I do hear....Yah everyone else is right I'll just stay with mediocrity and just hover at 7th place 6 games above .500 don't change anything PC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

First off Bobo,
    your not trading any of these guys for cap room next season, they are all free agents (or RFA's) at the end of the season, you can play them out and your still free of the camp space..

If your moving guys for cap room, wheeler stays, he is the smallest cap hit, and the only guy on that list with a potential upside..

But if your moving ryder or sturm you better get some goal production back, there is no point in moving guys simply to free up cap spae at this point in the season if it hurts the current line up, and caron on the 2nd line hurts the line up...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Wouldnt gettind rid of Ryder+Paille and Putting Caron in the Lineup and McGratts in the PressBox be reasonable and free 4mil worth of salary?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

1. Ryder
    He seems to get too complacent for whatever reason.  He started throwing some hits at the beginning of the season and now that's gone, he was much more effective at the start of the year with an aggressive attitude.  Another reason is that his shootouts are just horrible because everyone had the book on him before he even took his first penalty shot.  Those OT wins count for something.  he's not the type of player to expect goals from, it seems just that it is nice when he score.  I'd be ok with him on the 3rd line with 3rd line cap hit.

2. Sturm
    Got more moves.  Not surprised when he gets a GWG.

3. The big wheel.
    Only because of a light cap hit.  Let him go FA after this season when his contract expires.
    Contrary to what Stanely thinks, Blake isn't going to become Mario Lemiuex.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

>> Sturm- a injured prone goal scorer with PK abilities

Agreed, but a pretty limited assessment.

/>> Ryder- a streaky goal scorer who plays when he feels like it

Not sure if I would put it that way.  He has more nights on than off in my mind, but there are nights when he is invisible.   When he's having an on night, he is a definite asset, perhaps top 4 in forwards on the team.   

>> Wheels- a young player with no grit and can score sometimes

Wheeler has always driven me nuts.  He has potential, but no more than you'd find on 3 or 4 players on any team in the league.   Turnovers has always been Wheeler's downfall in my mind.   I'm convinced from what I watched that last year the weak link in the Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder line was Wheeler.

As to the focal question in the post, it isn't a matter of asking which one goes, but what are other teams offering for each player.   

If there is a team offering a third round pick for Sturm I say take it.   Not because I don't like Sturm, but because of his injury history.

If there is a team offering a third round pick for Ryder, I say hold on to Ryder as long as possible and then make the trade.   Only because Ryder will be a UFA and his 4 Million salary would be great to unload.  Keep him for now as he is a positive contirbutor to the team this year.

If there is a team offering a third rounder + prospect or second rounder for Wheeler I would say take it.    It is harder to gauge his value right now as he will be a RFA after this season.  Is he due for a raise from 2.2M?   Has he shown he deserves to be a 3 Million dollar top 6 forward? 

Who goes depends on what is offered.   There are likely very few players not available for the right price.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: sturm ryder and wheels which one goes?:
    Ryder at the deadline. Gives Caron a chance to find his game again and build confidence in Providence, and gives PC the best shot at getting something in return by way of draft picks or prospects. Sturm now. ESPN (I know, not exactly the hotbed of hockey info) reported that there's talk that the trade will probably happen when Sturm gets closer to returning. A fourth round pick isn't a hell of a lot, but packaged in March might bring some scoring help. Keep Wheeler. If he doesn't pan out, let him walk at the end of the season and take whatever draft picks come your way.
    Posted by Davidorr

I agree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Ryder and Wheeler play just enough good hockey to think they are keepers. 

Sections
Shortcuts