Sturm to LA?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Sturm to LA?

Conditional draft pick will depend on the health of sturm, not resigning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

on a team lacking energy, it hurts to see Sturm leave. He was always accountable, and always one of the most energetic players on the team.

I will really miss his game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rdb3131. Show Rdb3131's posts

From Murphy via twitter...5th round pick conditional can move up based on games played and points

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm to LA?:
    Conditional draft pick will depend on the health of sturm, not resigning.
    Posted by wallydouglas

Wally,
    i doubt its based on health, trade won't be finalized till sturm passes LA's physical, and after that, he would be considered healthy.. I am guessing its based on sturm resigning as well, thats pretty typical.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

So where does this put the Bruins as far as the cap--- anyone have the numbers?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And conditional doesn't have to mean low. My guess is it's a 3 that becomes a 2 if he plays more than 40 games.

For the second time in two years the Bruins deal away their leading goalscorer from the season before.

Anyone else think this was done shortly after the backhand, cross-the-slot flip to Seguin last night?  Who'd've thought that the guy with the best chemistry with the super-rookie would be Ryder?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Gotcha not the resigning of Sturm that's a different kind of conditional love and makes sense with Marco's cranky knees.

Now maybe we can get a PMD without PMS eh Isla and Ols ? LoL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

I guess Paille is staying. Bummer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

i know, right?

NAS is kinda right though, sometimes the idea of a PMD feels like a unicorn.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Who'd've thought that the guy with the best chemistry with the super-rookie would be Ryder?
    Posted by Bookboy007

IMO CJ is insuring that to happen.  I've seen Ryder asleep at the switch when Seguin passes to him more than once, one even hit Ryder's blade when he wasn't looking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Ryder to Seguin, Seguin to Ryder....I hope we hear that a lot more!!!   I am pleased with the move by PC, in my opinion Sturm is fragile.  I think Ryder is a better fit here in Boston but I hope he starts putting some pucks in the net!!  Ryder and Seguin did have a good game last night though...it seems like Seguins speed makes Ryder want to get into the game more!  Go Bruins!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Ryder to Seguin, Seguin to Ryder....I hope we hear that a lot more!!!   I am pleased with the move by PC, in my opinion Sturm is fragile.  I think Ryder is a better fit here in Boston but I hope he starts putting some pucks in the net!!  Ryder and Seguin did have a good game last night though...it seems like Seguins speed makes Ryder want to get into the game more!  Go Bruins!!!
    Posted by scottm50

It will be interesting to see how Ryder reacts to this.

If his energy level drops I will want to lynch the guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Seguin is the real deal and will only get better with age! Sorry to see Marco Sturm go but money talks and Marco walks! No team in their right minds wanted Ryder! Though his physical game is still marketable. Hopefully Savvy is really ready to return becuase he's the type of playmaker the Bruins need to infuse some serious offense into this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm to LA? : It will be interesting to see how Ryder reacts to this. If his energy level drops I will want to lynch the guy. Posted by BadHabitude

They'll be a line down Canal St. BadHab!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

If what I have read leading up to Savard's return was correct, this trade will leave the Bruins with a little less than $350,000 in cap space.  They needed to free up just over $1.1M to get Savard back into the lineup.  They traded Hunwick, who has a cap hit of $1.45M.  So with Sturm's cap hit off the books, that leaves just under $350,000. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If what I have read leading up to Savard's return was correct, this trade will leave the Bruins with a little less than $350,000 in cap space.  They needed to free up just over $1.1M to get Savard back into the lineup.  They traded Hunwick, who has a cap hit of $1.45M.  So with Sturm's cap hit off the books, that leaves just under $350,000. 
    Posted by Mutant211

So it is likely that Paille will go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So they stick with this team until March, get the chemistry going, and see where they are at the deadline, and make move if it will help them at a run - sounds fine by me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Good move, Sturm just was not putting up enough points. He was a 22-27 goal scorer, but just not good enough. We need a true sniper

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

And conditional doesn't have to mean low. My guess is it's a 3 that becomes a 2 if he plays more than 40 games. For the second time in two years the Bruins deal away their leading goalscorer from the season before. Anyone else think this was done shortly after the backhand, cross-the-slot flip to Seguin last night?  Who'd've thought that the guy with the best chemistry with the super-rookie would be Ryder?
    Posted by Bookboy007

Took the words right off my keyboard Book. Ryder and Seguin seem to have something. PC really has to be commended for getting cap compliant, without disrupting the team. Maybe have some shekels left over to add a peice later on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Posted by Mutant211

You've got the right numbers but forgot one important detail - it's day 57 of the year.  If they make no more roster moves, the Bruins will have in the ball park of $250K of cap space.  Exactly how much will depend on when Whitfield gets of the LTIR.  
    That's not enough to do anything.  I expect there will be more moves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good calculation Mutant211 that leaves me thinking maybe PC is not finished yet. 
    One thing for sure Paille will ask for a trade sooner or later. 
    What will they do with Caron or Marchand that have both contributed to this lineup ?
    At least this puts certain players at ease and can concentrate on playing now.
    I also mentioned this on another thread,  it's just too fishy all the talk Wheeler has been getting.  Way too much PR for my taste and since when has he become the spokesman for the Bruins ?  Seems like he's being interviewed after every game.  It got me thinking last night, uhmmm ,  are they showing him off ? All this good talk that he's been their best player for stretches ?
    Now now Stanely, don't get upset "mon amie " ,  I'm not starting a rumor here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I forgot about Whitfield.  Crap.  That means that the Bruins are still receiving LTIR, doesn't it?  That means no cap space.

How does a guy who spends most of his time in Providence count against Boston's cap?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think it's a little bit of the CBA put in to make sure teams don't get around LTIR using up cap space by demoting injured players.  Seems totally stupid in this case.

Even with him though, the Bruins are under the cap ... by $46,000.  If nothing else, I'd really expect Paille to be gone shortly as well.  That would help a lot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Whitfield if re-activated will be sent down to Prov. and that's the end of that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I also mentioned this on another thread,  it's just too fishy all the talk Wheeler has been getting .  Way too much PR for my taste and since when has he become the spokesman for the Bruins ?  Seems like he's being interviewed after every game.  It got me thinking last night, uhmmm ,  are they showing him off ? All this good talk that he's been their best player for stretches ? Now now Stanely, don't get upset "mon amie " ,  I'm not starting a rumor here.  
    Posted by BsLegion

I have noticed that as well.  Brick has been pointing out a lot of the little things that Wheeler does well, just like he did with Hunwick over the last couple of weeks.  Methinks that Brick is helping showcase potential trade targets.

Speaking of showcasing potential trade targets, Paille will have to play and play well if the team wants to trade him.  I wonder if we'll see him take Caron's spot for some games once Savard is back and the team strings a few wins together.

Sections
Shortcuts