Sturm to LA?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Sturm to LA?

In Response to Re: Sturm to LA?:
    Whitfield if re-activated will be sent down to Prov. and that's the end of that.
    Posted by BsLegion

True, but I thought that his injury was of the season-ending variety.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

Good move, Sturm just was not putting up enough points. He was a 22-27 goal scorer, but just not good enough. We need a true sniper
    Posted by Bruinsfanforever

rather take those 22-27 goals compared to Wheeler's projected 18 (which I doubt he even gets that much)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I've usually seen Whitfield reported as done for the season, but I swear I saw something saying he might be back around Christmas.  I'll see if I can find it.

Okay, I am really confused.  Before "officially being placed on LTIR" (what was he on before??  Just injured but not playing?) his cap hit was $300K.  Now it is his full NHL salary?

That wipes out everything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Yeah DrCC a lot of differing reports on Whitfield.  Both CapGeek and NHLNumbers report Whitfield as 550K, but I don't trust them anymore, they make too many mistakes.  An article (the one that mentioned a Bruins' source saying the B's had 1.1M to clear before the Hunwik trade) indicated a Bruins' source said Whitfield's cap hit was just over 300K, which fit the AHL/NHL salary split we discussed before, and NHLNumbers report on the # of days he was active in the NHL last year.  Edwards also mentioned it during a game a week ago or so.  Therefore thats what I'm going with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Ugh.  You know what?

The Bruins are now cap compliant.
    They do not have much space to work with, so any acquisition will likely involve a departure.

I think I'm going to leave it at that for now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

My numbers indicate that they have 44K in cap space (admittedly not calculating how far the NHL is into the season, so its less than that).  Once Savard returns we will be able to exceed the cap by Whitfields' 301K.  If the Bruins want another defenseman, it will have to be in trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would be okay with another trade of Wheeler and/or Paille if it brought in another good defensmen.  Otherwise they can stand pat.  But my guess would be that there is still another move coming.  We've got the draft picks to sweeten any possible deal...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I vaguely remember reading how happy that Seidenberg was to be playing with his countryman and olympic teammate when he got traded to Boston.  How many games did they actually play together.  Was Sturm even healthy for all of Seidenberg's 17 games last season?

Oh well.  That's the biz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Agreed with badhab, if Ryder packs in in then i'll be on that train

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now KPDs blog says the Bruins has yet to confirm the trade ???
    Maybe it's pending a physical ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

I always take those statements with a grain of salt when a player comes to a new team, along with 'original 6 franchise' 'so much history' etc.  They have to say something that indicates that they are happy to be here, even if they are not, y'know?  I don't think it makes that much of a difference to Seidenburg.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can you believe the Globe !!!!!  I just got this email and nothing on Sturm or anything hocley ???
    It's hockey season but yet it's more important to email me that freakin' V-tek is still a Red Sox ???  
    I like the Red Sox also but who cares !!!  When you get a real catcher for the loss of Victor Martinez then send me an email .

Breaking Sports Alert: Red Sox resign Varitek

The Red Sox have signed catcher Jason Varitek to a one-year, $2 million deal.

To read more, visit www.boston.com/">http://www.boston.com

To automatically unsubscribe to this list: send a blank message to unsub-295616-464@unsub.boston.com

To manage all of your Boston.com e-mails: visit the Boston.com Member Center or e-mail feedback@boston.com.

Mailing address: Boston.com E-mail Administrator, 135 Morrissey Blvd.,Boston, MA 02125.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Front page of TSN.

Chia is the man....gotta get some credit now

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Can you believe the Globe !!!!!  I just got this email and nothing on Sturm or anything hocley ??? It's hockey season but yet it's more important to email me that freakin' V-tek is still a Red Sox ???   I like the Red Sox also but who cares !!!  When you get a real catcher for the loss of Victor Martinez then send me an email . Breaking Sports Alert: Red Sox resign Varitek The Red Sox have signed catcher Jason Varitek to a one-year, $2 million deal. To read more, visit www.boston.com/ " /> http://www.boston.com   To automatically unsubscribe to this list: send a blank message to unsub-295616-464@unsub.boston.com To manage all of your Boston.com e-mails: visit the Boston.com Member Center or e-mail feedback@boston.com. Mailing address: Boston.com E-mail Administrator, 135 Morrissey Blvd.,Boston, MA 02125.
    Posted by BsLegion

I got the same thing this afternoon and thought it was going to be something about Crawford or Worth...nope just Tek....then I get home turn on the TV and their talking about Strum to LA.  With out this forum the Boston would have no decent coverage of hockey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm to LA? : I got the same thing this afternoon and thought it was going to be something about Crawford or Worth...nope just Tek....then I get home turn on the TV and their talking about Strum to LA.  With out this forum the Boston would have no decent coverage of hockey.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Totally agree, although I am in the "Orr" generation, if the Bs did win the Cup me thinks the coverage would change dramatically.  I firmly believe the young fan base would also be rewarded for loyalty.  Meanwhile the driveling media produces reactive journalism not proactive as the years roll by.  It would be nice to have a piece on how PC is molding the team with the cap restraints in place as opposed to how Sweet Lou is dealing with the Kovy acquistion.  Young guns on the rise rather how the Thornton trade was good, bad or even ugly.  Seguin is marketed better with Dunkin Donuts than the Boston media.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Thanks Sturm for everything. The guy was a good player for us and scored many memorable goals. Some fond memories i have of him is when 

1) Played on a dangerous line with Bergeron and Boyes. That line i remember scored alot of points those few years, sometimes was the only supply of offense for our team. Was nice to see Sturm use his speed to create alot of 2 on 1's

2) Game 6 vs Montreal was an amazing game and great game winning goal by Sturm. Who can forget. 

3) Lots of smiles when he scored or was part of the scoring and during interviews. Good character

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie

"Medical issues clouding potential Marco Sturm trade from BOS to LAK. No deal in place at this time. Some uncertainty whether it gets done."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Hey BadHab!!!  You said...

"It will be interesting to see how Ryder reacts to this."

How was the game against Tampa last night for a reaction?  The line of Seguin, Savard and Ryder was awesome....I guess you can put the noose away for now. Like a few posters have mentioned, it seems like Seguin and Ryder have chemistry and adding Savard to that could be spectacular!!  It seems to me that the speed of Seguin has raised Ryders game a bit...lets all hope that this continues to be the case.

???  Why isn't there a respond to post on the bottom of my messages???
    All I get are "ignore" and "report abuse"...can anybody tell me why???  Thanks!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hey BadHab!!!  You said... "It will be interesting to see how Ryder reacts to this."   How was the game against Tampa last night for a reaction?  The line of Seguin, Savard and Ryder was awesome....I guess you can put the noose away for now. Like a few posters have mentioned, it seems like Seguin and Ryder have chemistry and adding Savard to that could be spectacular!!  It seems to me that the speed of Seguin has raised Ryders game a bit...lets all hope that this continues to be the case. ???  Why isn't there a respond to post on the bottom of my messages??? All I get are "ignore" and "report abuse"...can anybody tell me why???  Thanks!
    Posted by scottm50

Interesting, no trade - Ryder plays well.

Sturm and Ryder both bother me because they both seem to just try to throw pucks on goal without placement - and then they don't even get it on net.

I find the reply button sometimes takes a little bit before it appears.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

For the reply button, what browser are you using?  Sometimes I can't get it to appear at all on Firefox, but hitting refresh a few times almost always works in Chrome.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hey BadHab!!!  You said... "It will be interesting to see how Ryder reacts to this."   How was the game against Tampa last night for a reaction?  The line of Seguin, Savard and Ryder was awesome....I guess you can put the noose away for now. Like a few posters have mentioned, it seems like Seguin and Ryder have chemistry and adding Savard to that could be spectacular!!  It seems to me that the speed of Seguin has raised Ryders game a bit...lets all hope that this continues to be the case. ???  Why isn't there a respond to post on the bottom of my messages??? All I get are "ignore" and "report abuse"...can anybody tell me why???  Thanks!
    Posted by scottm50

Refresh.  I had to do it three times to reply to you.

Dawg,  anything new on Sturm ? or LA with another fwd ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm to LA? : Interesting, no trade - Ryder plays well. Sturm and Ryder both bother me because they both seem to just try to throw pucks on goal without placement - and then they don't even get it on net. I find the reply button sometimes takes a little bit before it appears.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Thanks for the help guys...the refresh button works!!!

As for Ryders placement, it was pretty darn good on that laser of a slap shot last night!!!  Hahaha  If CJ keeps that line together I think they will be compliment each other.  You have speed (Seguin), Hockey sense and great vision (Savard) and a great shot (Ryder)...in theory this should work!!!

Sections
Shortcuts