Sturm trade and future considerations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sturm trade and future considerations

Seems like the trade is final now and Sturm passed his physical.
    I know many of you are saying the Bruins will get nothing but that's not true.
    Future considerations have been agreed on when the trade was made and usually based on games played and/or production.
    Does anyone know if this information is made public or does the leauge have a template already in place  ?
    If not, when the season ends will we be made aware what they could receive , agreed on ?
    Does it include playoffs ? (actually that can be one of the clauses agree upon for the future consideration)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Sturm trade and future considerations

Legion, it's not the fans that are saying nothing in return.. PC said it basically when the deal got done.. " It's really nothing " " We got cap space that is all, which is valuable to our club" and allows us to do something in future..

If there was much of a return I am sure we would have heard from PC right away what it was..He would want to justify the trade to the fans of the Bruins.. but he was honest and upfront.. maybe future considerations is Lombardi taking PC for a yearly rounds  of golf at Pebble Beach:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thanks cowboys,  would still love to know the details.
    Agree that this trade was a salary dump and cap space is very valuable for the Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

is a bag of pucks greater than, or less than, a future consideration?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

i say they ask for a palm tree to place in front of TD garden and then i will go carve on the trunk of the palm

JULIEN LOVES RYDER

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

I'm pretty sure the future consideration means that PC owes Lombardi a favor for saving his azz.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm trade and future considerations:
    I'm pretty sure the future consideration means that PC owes Lombardi a favor for saving his azz.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

You may be right.

Let's see how Sturm plays when he joins the Kings. 

If Sturm turns out a total bust and he cannot return to anything like the player he was before, a salary dump and nothing else is a gift.

And not being a sheep here, but if Sturm gets back to his former self, it's going to take about 10 games, realize that he's back before training camp and exhibition games.  Look at Savard, he's taking a while to get back into game shape.  So 10 more games puts us at halfway through the season, how much good would that do the team?  So it *might* be a good deal on that basis alone.

I would rather have seen Ryder gone, yes, he's scoring, but he's a minus 1 and the goals he gets aren't the timely ones.  I think the league knows this and he was impossible to move.

My future consideration, I think if they resign Ryder - right there I'm not happy, but maybe could live with it if they signed him for 1.9 or 2.2.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Id like it if Ryder who has been grossly overpaid these past few years did something noble and took 1.75 for a 1-2year deal to give the team the cap room to sign a top2 dman.

Offer it to him tell him if you want to win we think we have a good chance. If someone else offers him more he's free to take his services elsewhere. See what his colors really are.

I think the Sturm future "considerations" were jus this. LA was willing to gamble on a 2nd-3rd line fast/scoring/two way winger because it was an asset they were truely missing. Boston had no room for Sturm and LA is very unlikely to play against boston this season. LA takes the risk of paying some of sturms money and having him be bad and boston takes the risk of Sturm somehow scoring 20goals again this year. Also, the LA GM drafted sturm and likes him so he could've also been doing Marco a favor. Seems like an even swap to me. They just have to write "Futre Considerations" because they cant just repot Marco Sturm for Nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Delta14. Show Delta14's posts

I agree that LA took a big chance on this one - but if Sturm can get back to form by February 1st, he could provide them with some needed additional fire power for the stretch run.  Maybe we are getting a conditional round draft choice depending on how many games/goals Sturm gets for the regular season. 

Sections
Shortcuts