Sturm trade on hold per Bob Mckenzie: Medical Issues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sturm trade on hold per Bob Mckenzie: Medical Issues

http://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie

"Sturm waived NTC to go to LAK and thought he was on his way but fact he is still injured complicated matters. Stay tuned. No timeline."

"Medical issues clouding potential Marco Sturm trade from BOS to LAK. No deal in place at this time. Some uncertainty whether it gets done."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Sturm trade on hold per Bob Mckenzie: Medical Issues

http://twitter.com/real_espnlebrun

"But to be clear, was told Sturm deal "dead as of now." Both teams leaving door open."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I just heard that too.  I had found it interesting that the Bruins hadn't "confirmed" the deal yet.  I guess we know why now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If Sturm isn't healthy enough to return, what is the urgency to dump his salary?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordBruin. Show LordBruin's posts

Although "Sturmy" is technically still injured, he is pretty much a 1-dimensional player with solid speed. Yours Truly was never really a huge fan of him while he was in SJ and even with the Bruins! I sure hope they can get more for him than just a conditional draft pick. They should attempt to get in return a puck-moving offensive defencemen! Let the Great Discussion begin!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

so is it dead or not ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Guys when and if he is dealt to LA watch who he plays with.  Kopitar has had no wingers this year to play with.  I can almost promise he will line up on his wing and put up some decent numbers if he can remain healthy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Sturm trade on hold per Bob Mckenzie: Medical Issues:
    [QUOTE]so is it dead or not ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Hey Legion.. just saw this on cbc.ca and it looks like maybe McKenzie jumped the gun a bit.. the first real comment coming from either team..

Kings president and general manager Dean Lombardi told Hockey Night in Canada Radio that the team has "looked into" the move, but added that talks weren't as far along as reports — some of which said it was already a done deal — suggested.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

thanks cowboys. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Although "Sturmy" is technically still injured, he is pretty much a 1-dimensional player with solid speed. Yours Truly was never really a huge fan of him while he was in SJ and even with the Bruins! I sure hope they can get more for him than just a conditional draft pick. They should attempt to get in return a puck-moving offensive defencemen! Let the Great Discussion begin!
    Posted by LordBruin[/QUOTE]

One dimensional players are usually one dimensional.  Sturm could score and kill penalties.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

[QUOTE]Although "Sturmy" is technically still injured, he is pretty much a 1-dimensional player with solid speed. Yours Truly was never really a huge fan of him while he was in SJ and even with the Bruins! I sure hope they can get more for him than just a conditional draft pick. They should attempt to get in return a puck-moving offensive defencemen! Let the Great Discussion begin!
    Posted by LordBruin[/QUOTE]

The famous PMD!!!!!   Why didn't Chiarelli think of that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Didn't the Kings realize he was injured? Where did they think he was all season? It was pretty common knowledge that he was rehabbing a knee injury.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They should trade a 32-year-old player coming off major surgery halfway through the season who will be unrestricted after his larger than needed contract expires in five months...for anything they could get.

If McQuaid was on another team, Sturm would have to come along with a third round pick.  They will get very, very little for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]They should trade a 32-year-old player coming off major surgery halfway through the season who will be unrestricted after his larger than needed contract expires in five months...for anything they could get. If McQuaid was on another team, Sturm would have to come along with a third round pick.  They will get very, very little for him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    What does McQuaid have to do with it?

So much for that sigh of relief we all heaved this afternoon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Could Sturm come back in January/February with a reduced cap hit? Maybe he could be a half season (or less) player like Satan was last year. As a B's fan I'd like to see that happen as opposed to bringing in some of the old guy names mentioned in these threads. At least Bruins managment would have a good read on his true medical staus. My two cents on Marco....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]Could Sturm come back in January/February with a reduced cap hit? Maybe he could be a half season (or less) player like Satan was last year. As a B's fan I'd like to see that happen as opposed to bringing in some of the old guy names mentioned in these threads. At least Bruins managment would have a good read on his true medical staus. My two cents on Marco....
    Posted by SteveM[/QUOTE]
    No.   The Bruins are technically over the cap right now, and receiving long-term injury reserve (LTIR) cap relief.  As long as Sturm is on the team and on LTIR the team cannot bank any cap space to use later in the season.  Cap space is calculated by the dally average of each player's salary based on a 183 day season.  Marco Sturm's cap hit is $19,126 every day, regardless of when he comes off of LTIR.

http://www.capgeek.com

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

I think LA is balking, they want the Bruins to sweeten the deal for their prized 5th round pick.

I say throw in the one-eyed swede aka carl Soderberg to get it done!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Rumor has it's the NTC ,  not so fast,  maybe Sturm didn't waive it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok, how does one read "the trade" with LA?  Did LA back out?, questionable as it was obvious Sturm had two knee surgeries.  Or, is LA looking for more?, now that is GM suicide. Or, did the trade not take place as reported with a upon physical examination in the contract not being divulged?  Or, is this another NHL boondoggle exercise.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, how does one read "the trade" with LA?  Did LA back out?, questionable as it was obvious Sturm had two knee surgeries.  Or, is LA looking for more?, now that is GM suicide. Or, did the trade not take place as reported with a upon physical examination in the contract not being divulged?  Or, is this another NHL boondoggle exercise.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I smell a Boondoggle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The trade had to have taken place Sturm was in the locker room saying his goodbyes and their is no way Sturm made it over two LA that quickly for a physical so my thinking is Lombardi got a better winger from another team and called PC to tell him he wanted to wait till Sturm was ready to play before finalizing the.

As Milbury said last night if NHL.com had it up on their website that probably means the league received paperwork to move forward. Oh and Ryder better keep playing nervous as he is now not off the hook.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

From NESN

11:20 p.m.: McKenzie tweets the following:

“Final word on aborted Sturm deal: LAK were furnished with player’s medical records. They had concerns with what they saw.”

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]From NESN 11:20 p.m.: McKenzie tweets the following: “Final word on aborted Sturm deal: LAK were furnished with player’s medical records. They had concerns with what they saw.”
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Crapppppp......

Looks like better get used to bus-rides Marco. Maybe we'll see you in the playoffs!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]From NESN 11:20 p.m.: McKenzie tweets the following: “Final word on aborted Sturm deal: LAK were furnished with player’s medical records. They had concerns with what they saw.”
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    'Concerns' is a vague word, isn't it?  I wouldn't toss this deal in the shredder just yet.  It may just mean they want to give up less now, or they want to see him play (in Providence?) first.  Certainly a buzz-kill though.  It would have been nice heading into the weekend not thinking about who's going to be shipped out just to fit under the cap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

If Sturm gets sent to Providence on a conditioning stint, doesn't he come off of LTIR, thus eliminating his cap relief?  If so, he would have to clear waivers for the team to be relieved of his cap hit.

Sections
Shortcuts