Suban Head Shot on Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci

In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci:
    [QUOTE]Didn't you love him smiling and saying to Krejci keep your head keep your head up. When he removed his jersey in the box did you guys take a look at that equipment ??  The guy should be playing linebacker with the Pats saturday night with shoulder pads like that. Instead of screaming to suspend the guy when will the league do something about the equipment ! Concussions will never seize .
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you know that I blame the league.  League controls everything.  I mean goalies were allowed to wear lacrosse gear till they changed the rule. 

The league must love the drama.  Lets take away from the on ice product and continue to have players hurt and suspended.  Priceless

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't think the hit was direct to Krejci's head, rather PK got him with his forearm on the follow through.  PK really needs to grow up though with his smiling, and burying his head in his hands.  I honestly thought he was hurt while Ference was pounding on him.  PK needs to respect the game a little more.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

"PK" is an *ss.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Its clear the league is going the way of punishing the guys who stick up for their teammates.  The Bruins better be careful with this.  teams will start trying to provoke them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Looked to me like he targetted the head with a forearm... good for a 2 game suspension since Subban doesn't have a history and Krejci wasn't hurt.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

No injury, no prior head shots, a 2 minute minor penalty.

2 games?  C'mon, B's fans have to have some credibility here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci : No injury, no prior head shots, a 2 minute minor penalty. 2 games?  C'mon, B's fans have to have some credibility here.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Sox, I don't suggest any suspension but I'd like Shanny to at least give him a call to let him know that it's not acceptable to follow through with the forearm as well as being dangerously close to leaving your feet. After all, we did just see Marchand get suspended for being dangerously close to clipping.....Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought his reaction was more offensive than the hit.  Turtling up and then smiling like a cheshire cat tells you all you need to know about him.

Why are you smiling PK?  Because you're team is playing terribly?  Because you're losing a key game to a rival?  Because you just threw a cheapshot and then backed down from a fight?

It tells you how little he cares about the team, and winning games.  He's all smiles at the teams' low point of the season, after making a fool of himself.

I could NEVER root for that guy on my team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I thought his reaction was more offensive than the hit.  Turtling up and then smiling like a cheshire cat tells you all you need to know about him. Why are you smiling PK?  Because you're team is playing terribly?  Because you're losing a key game to a rival?  Because you jusst threw a cheapshot and then backed down from a fight? It tells you how little he cares about the team, and winning games.  He's all smiles at the team's low point of the season, after making a fool of himself. I could NEVER root for that guy on my team.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Great points Fletch. I want the guy on my team to get up from that scrum as mad as hell at what happenned, not giggling like a school girl..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci : Great points Fletch. I want the guy on my team to get up from that scrum as mad as hell at what happenned, not giggling like a school girl..
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  What's with the giggling routine??  It would make me crazy if I were his teammate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Just because the crooked (and at thjis point, after seeing the 5 on 3 in the Vancouver game, I mean CROOKED) referees ignored the headshot by Subban doesn't mean Shanahan should. That was a MUCH worse hit than Marchand's, and Marchand got 5 games! It's just a miracle that Krecji didn't need to be carried off on a stretcher, but the intent to hit Krecji IN THE HEAD, which the mouse Subban did accomplish, was there. Shanny, DO YOUR JOB!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]I thought his reaction was more offensive than the hit.  Turtling up and then smiling like a cheshire cat tells you all you need to know about him. Why are you smiling PK?  Because you're team is playing terribly?  Because you're losing a key game to a rival?  Because you just threw a cheapshot and then backed down from a fight? It tells you how little he cares about the team, and winning games.  He's all smiles at the teams' low point of the season, after making a fool of himself. I could NEVER root for that guy on my team.

Why is PK smiling? Because he isn't right in the head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

All that talent and he just refuses to grow up..Shame, cause he's got tons of skill....He's not a dirty player, he's just an idiot. Everyone knows how I've stuck up for him on this board but when you turtle and then get up laughing and gesturing, that to me is just simply stupid

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Seems like a hit that the league would want to eliminate.  Remains to be seen what Trava-Shan-Mockery will do, but supplemental discipline is not an unreasonable outcome.  If Krejci ends up in a heap with a concussion, my guess is some posters may not be as measured in their remarks.  BadHab nails it, punish the action with less consideration for the injury to the player.

Still, how do the B's end up shorthanded on this?  What exactly did Ference do to earn a double-minor?  On ice officials continue to show absolutely no feel for the game and seems like the B's lose on ice strength following just about every scrum.

On Subban, what an embarrassment.  The kid is so skilled, yet so immature.  He needs to grow up to be able to reach his full potential. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Seems like a hit that the league would want to eliminate.  Remains to be seen what Trava-Shan-Mockery will do, but supplemental discipline is not an unreasonable outcome.  If Krejci ends up in a heap with a concussion, my guess is some posters may not be as measured in their remarks.  BadHab nails it, punish the action with less consideration for the injury to the player. Still, how do the B's end up shorthanded on this?  What exactly did Ference do to earn a double-minor?  On ice officials continue to show absolutely no feel for the game and seems like the B's lose on ice strength following just about every scrum. On Subban, what an embarrassment.  The kid is so skilled, yet so immature.  He needs to grow up to be able to reach his full potential. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Ference, you know, sort of attacked a guy.  He's lucky he didn't get 2-5-10.

Subban will grow up, hopefully on a different team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

It's a bad hit, and should be worth a couple of games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Shannahan has done a solid job. I understand the dislike of Marchand's supension, but let's not get carried away talkig about how Shannahan is corrupt and whatnot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci :   Ference, you know, sort of attacked a guy.  He's lucky he didn't get 2-5-10. Subban will grow up, hopefully on a different team.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Brutal shirt grab by Ference.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Shanahan has created a whirlwind of controversy.  The game is evolving day to day rather than the Campbell follow the letter of the law rulings.  In between, the fan will have to deal with injustice.  If Shanny could do something, it would to be to fine players who even accidentally hit the head.  In other words, if he does not give Subban two games then fine him.  The "turtle act" reminds me of Claude Lemieux!  Ghost of Montreal past,  Sorry that stuff is an embarrassment for the team and the NHL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci : Brutal shirt grab by Ference.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI5ypqU6cG8

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I thought the hit by Subban was terrible. A complete attempt at a head shot. Krejci was lucky that he leaned away and lessened the blow, it could have been bad. He makes contact with the head. He should get a game or two. I agree with Fletch that the worst part was Subban's reaction. For that alone he needs to get at least a game. On the plus side, i love how the Bruins stand up for one another.

[QUOTE]I thought his reaction was more offensive than the hit.  Turtling up and then smiling like a cheshire cat tells you all you need to know about him. Why are you smiling PK?  Because you're team is playing terribly?  Because you're losing a key game to a rival?  Because you just threw a cheapshot and then backed down from a fight? It tells you how little he cares about the team, and winning games.  He's all smiles at the teams' low point of the season, after making a fool of himself. I could NEVER root for that guy on my team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sp332000. Show sp332000's posts

Forget the hit, suspend him for falling to the ice and covering his head and then getting up and talking trash once he was inside the penalty box.  I can't stand that.  I think Marchand will find himself in similar situations throughout his career where he has to defend himself for a cheap shot/questionable hit and I hope that he knows not to react in that way.  It seems as though he does so far.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The league has put themselves in a jam.  The players are intent on doing everything they can to make the league look bad.  I'll use this particular play as an example, and provide my "opinion".
    Personally, I don't think it's close to a suspendable hit.  It's certainly a "predatory" hit though, and one that "connects" to the head, so it's very undertandable that many would see it that way, and the league itself has caused that by not doing it's due diligence on keeping up with how the game is changing.  
    To me...this is an example of why the game has minor penalties.  Just my take.

But then again...reviewing the exact same play.....if Krejki flounders around like a shot gaspreaux...leaves the ice on a stretcher, only to return next game, good as new, amid cries from teamates, coaches and management, yeah I definately think there'll be a suspension.  That's how many teams play it now.  Especially Montreal and Vancouver, and there lies a very perplexing situation.
    Again, just my opinion, but I feel sure if 46 flopped around, and stayed down for 5 minutes and wobbled off to the bench, subban would have gotten a major, misconduct, and would definately be facing a suspension of no less than a game or 2. Exact same play, exact same result, except one scenario involves embellishment, the other doesn't. Currently, the penalty that "looks worse" is suspendable every time.

If Salo has a concussion, most everyone over 50 that ever played competitive hockey has had 200.

I don't blame hockey fans for going all girlie, about these suspension conversations.  The league, and the players are pandering to this drama-queen mentality. 

I don't think Shannahan has done a good job at all to date.  That doesn't mean he has to continue on that path.  The first thing he and the league need to do, is review the rules, and make some big changes, because they must operate within their own rules, to have any credibility.  No credibility, and the game suffers. They're not doing that currently.

It used to be the culture, that if someone hurt you...you went to every means possible, to appear unhurt.  You may go to the dressing room and cry like a baby for 10 minutes, but the manly thing to do was appear bullet proof.
    When someone went down in a heap....and stayed down, there was no doubt there were problems.
    That's not the culture any more, so the rules need to evolve like the culture.  Referee's have an impossible time now detecting injury, which they didn't used to, so the rules evolve.

Nobody ever, ever, ever used to turn their back on a player bearing down on them.  Now it's a regular occurance, because players can draw a penalty that way.  Just happenns they can get seriously hurt that way too, and the league is mainly focused on that. Rules need to evolve to deal with that.

The league is incredibly stunned in having not forcefully addressed equipment issues.

There is a level of ferocity, danger and angst in which this game has always, and will always be played at.  There is a level that is acceptable, and one that isn't.  Despite the glare, increased scrutiny, increased number of suspensions...despite the appointment of Shannahan....that "level" has never been any murkier than it is now, and it never used to be that way.
    ....And the reason is simple.  The brightest minds in hockey aren't acting that way.  They aren't taking the bull by the horns, they're "dancing".  Trying to silence the "hockey is too violent and neandrathal" crowd, hoping they'll go away without causing  too much work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

should at least be reviewed, but no suspension. no history, no injury, just a warning would be appropriate imo. i'd be embarrassed if that guy played for the team i rooted for. tough enough to go high on krejci, not tough enough to be accountable for his actions. what a joke. is this guy the REAL definition of "skating clown"? really... falling instantl

Sections
Shortcuts