Suban Head Shot on Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci

y, and covering his head? laughing his way to the penalty box? what do you do with this guy? you try to go physical, he embellishes, and falls all over the ice. you try to call him out and fight, he runs behind the officials, or drops cowardly to the ice. he's asking for someone to line him up just right, if you know what i mean...(sorry for the break in the post, operator error)  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci:
    Forget the hit, suspend him for falling to the ice and covering his head and then getting up and talking trash once he was inside the penalty box.  I can't stand that.  I think Marchand will find himself in similar situations throughout his career where he has to defend himself for a cheap shot/questionable hit and I hope that he knows not to react in that way.  It seems as though he does so far.
    Posted by sp332000

First post so I'll go easy. See videos below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzUtFVPDc2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ7MWYYtZ8Q

Marchand is a lot of things, someone who turtles to opposition after a bad or dirty hit, is not one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As I posted earlier, Subban left his feet, targeted the head, and led with his elbow. All punishable acts under the rulse. The refs last nite were somewhat non-existent Doesn't the rule on interference come up when a player is "prevented" from going after an open puck? If so, there were at least 8 uncalled interference penalties by Montreal. More as the game went on and they were not called. Claude has the right attitude, "we'll take care of it". However, the defense really has to step up their game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

not a peep from the nhl so far.... are we nuts to think that it should at least get a review? i don't get it. if that was lucic that delivered that hit, he would have been lead off the ice to the lockerrom. no joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci : Brutal shirt grab by Ference.
    Posted by Crowls2424

It seems more and more like the key to getting the powerplay is to lose the fight/scrum.  That is an annoying trend I'm seeing from the refs.

It doesn't matter who starts it, how many guys are in it, or what exactly you do -- the key is to lose the fight, fall to the ice, and then look to the refs for a call.  The meek shall inherit the powerplay!

Maybe Brian Burke is on to something...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Ok, it may not be appropriate but PK's turtling had me howling with laughter. A right knee slapper. Especially after the Krejci elbow. I had to stop for breath actually. Holy G*d that was funny. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

All that talent and he just refuses to grow up..Shame, cause he's got tons of skill....He's not a dirty player, he's just an idiot. Everyone knows how I've stuck up for him on this board but when you turtle and then get up laughing and gesturing, that to me is just simply stupid
    Posted by kelvana33

Good point kel.  You've stuck up for this guy and you are obviously right about his talent.  I guess that's why the laughing is somehow more offensive than the hit or the turtling to me.  It just shows PK cares more about preening and trying to save face than the game or the team.  

I imagine Randy Cunneyworth asking him (in English, mind you): "What's so funny PK?  Can we try to win this very important game instead of teasing the other team and acting like everything is funny when we're losing 2-0 halfway through the 3rd period?"

If PK gets suspended, its another blow to this reeling team.  He made a stupid play.  Laughing about it shows he's totally oblivious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Seems like a hit that the league would want to eliminate.  Remains to be seen what Trava-Shan-Mockery will do, but supplemental discipline is not an unreasonable outcome.  If Krejci ends up in a heap with a concussion, my guess is some posters may not be as measured in their remarks.  BadHab nails it, punish the action with less consideration for the injury to the player. Still, how do the B's end up shorthanded on this?  What exactly did Ference do to earn a double-minor?  On ice officials continue to show absolutely no feel for the game and seems like the B's lose on ice strength following just about every scrum. On Subban, what an embarrassment.  The kid is so skilled, yet so immature.  He needs to grow up to be able to reach his full potential. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

Yeah, I think the league has this a little upside down--seems like the team that initiates the illegal behavior (and potentially dangerous, not like hooking or something) is getting a better deal when all the penalties are tallied. Doesn't make much sense philosophically if you really are trying to cut down on the dangerous hits.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci : Brutal shirt grab by Ference.
    Posted by Crowls2424

The way the league is calling these things (again not consistent) is if you drop the gloves to engage that's 2mins and then if you bring it further it's 2mins for roughing.

All those saying Shannahan should at least call Subban we might never know.
    Shannahan has called players to cool down or the next time it could be one of those conference calls just that it's not made public.  Lucic is a prime example before he ended up getting suspended for the hit on Rinaldo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci : The way the league is calling these things (again not consistent) is if you drop the gloves to engage that's 2mins and then if you bring it further it's 2mins for roughing. All those saying Shannahan should at least call Subban we might never know. Shannahan has called players to cool down or the next time it could be one of those conference calls just that it's not made public.  Lucic is a prime example before he ended up getting suspended for the hit on Rinaldo.
    Posted by BsLegion

But the ref on the ice could read the play a little, and refuse to give the powerplay to the guy who threw the dangerous hit.  A double minor for PK too?  A 5-minute major for the elbow head shot?  If you can get a 5-minute major for quasi-clipping, can't you get one for a head shot?

Rewarding the guy who throws the head shot with a powerplay is not a great way to get it out of the game...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Good post stevegm i think the NHL made a mistake when they said injuries will be a factor in whether they suspend a player and how long.I do not understand how any one can chear for a player like Suban That was a joke the way he acted he would never make it as a Bruin.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

All that talent and he just refuses to grow up..Shame, cause he's got tons of skill....He's not a dirty player, he's just an idiot. Everyone knows how I've stuck up for him on this board but when you turtle and then get up laughing and gesturing, that to me is just simply stupid
    Posted by kelvana33

I feel the exact same way Kel, but lately I'm losing more & more respect for him & and not caring how much talent he's got! The guy is no better than a Sedin Twin with no grapes! He's a travestry to the game & a travestry to the uniform he's wearing, no matter how much I loathe the Canadiens I have respect for the organization & feel like this punk is making a mockery of it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

http://youtu.be/heF3OY2Pnoo
    Watch the view that starts at 1:29.
    Am I the only one that thinks this is nowhere near worth the reaction it is getting here?  When Subban makes contact, his arm is down and his skates are still on the ice.  He pushes out with his arm against Krejčí's head after contact, but that's different than a hit and it looks to me like he got Krejčí with his wrist.  He leaves his feet during the hit, but not in such a way that it elevates the point of contact.

It wasn't a clean hit, but I don't see anything that should make it more than the minor it received.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

I didn't read all posts but here's what happens (or why it won't happen) ...

1) The ref has to give a 5 and a misconduct ... nope.

2) The Bruins would gather the evidence and send a package to Shanny asking him to look into it. Julien and CHia clearly stated last week, its not what Bruins do - let the league handle it, so this won't happen either.

Jumping up ... head shot ... Smiling and being a pain ... 5 would be nice but he will get 0.

I live in Montreal so in a way - I like my car non-torched vs a Subban riot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think PK's attitude, if it doesn't change, will keep him from ever representing Canada internationally. I honestly think he has the talent to, in a few years, be a real contributor on Team Canada, but his style and his attitude will keep him off of it. A guy like Yzerman is never going to select a player to represent Canada who turtles and preens like that. I keep hoping that he matures with time, like Marc Savard did, but I won't hold my breath.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Monkey??? Are you f***in' kidding me?????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Looked to me like he targetted the head with a forearm... good for a 2 game suspension since Subban doesn't have a history and Krejci wasn't hurt.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Most intelligent post on this thread.  Daniel Paille was a first-time offender and got four games because of injuries caused.  Ironically, Ference was one of the first to respond that time too ... verbally ... and he got chastised for it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6089574 

In my opinion, injuries shouldn't be weighed ... it's the intent and Subban clearly had intent last night.  Two games, minimum.  If PK tried out for my team, I wouldn't even let him lace up his skates.  His cover-up last night was a complete embarrassment to manhood, in general.  He's a punk and a joker with a silly, silly smile which should be wiped clean off his face.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci : Monkey/Turtle boy boy slipped on the peel this time and should get 3-5 games. Shanny better not screw this one up
    Posted by Macacanadiannut

Beat it Mac.  You don't belong here.  Disgusting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci : Monkey/Turtle boy boy slipped on the peel this time and should get 3-5 games. Shanny better not screw this one up
    Posted by Macacanadiannut

once again ignorance rears its ugly head. there are plenty of racist propoganda sites to visit, please be gone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm not one to tattle to teacher normally, but when your post gets deleted and your account gets frozen for being reported for hate speech, I thought I should at least own up and let you know that I'm the one who flagged you. No reason for that kind of ignorance here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not one to tattle to teacher normally, but when your post gets deleted and your account gets frozen for being reported for hate speech, I thought I should at least own up and let you know that I'm the one who flagged you. No reason for that kind of ignorance here.
    Posted by red75

You won't be the only one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Maca, IGNORE!

Does it seem like an initiative from the NHL and the refs to punish the Bruins more severely for any scrum/rough stuff no matter the outcome?  Thornton gets jumped, Van gets 5-3 advantage.  Marchand ducks a hit (dirty play, deserved suspension etc) and he gets immediately tossed and 5 mins, suspension, the works.  Subban drops krejci with an elbow/head shot and we end up killing a penalty and PK is allowed to serve his quick 2 and get back on the ice.

So is this because we won enough of the fights that come from these scrums?  Is the NHL giving in to the whinning rat teams like Van, Buf, Mtl, etc who are soft, and complaining about everything so they can try to get an edge through whinning?  How about the NHL making them become skilled, tough teams like us philly NYR Chi Pit Det (i know, Det doesnt fight, but are hockey tough).  Just because those other teams are complainers and full of soft guys shouldnt affect the way things get called, no matter how much their fans/players/front offices whine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Suban Head Shot on Krejci : I feel the exact same way Kel, but lately I'm losing more & more respect for him & and not caring how much talent he's got! The guy is no better than a Sedin Twin with no grapes! He's a travestry to the game & a travestry to the uniform he's wearing, no matter how much I loathe the Canadiens I have respect for the organization & feel like this punk is making a mockery of it!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Good point. I love watching him play, when these two teams go at it his abundance of skill and flair just add to a great rivalry. But when your team is in a slump, a coach has been fired, a new coach is under a tremendous amount of scrutiny, your captain is injured, and Cammalleri is sent off the team and traded in mid game, you go and laugh your way to the penalty box? Are you serious? A couple of things need to happen here. I would make him sit up in the press box. Suspension or not, if Shanny gives him a game or two, fine, put him up there for 5. I don't think they can trade him, his antics alone decrease his trade value and lets face it, who are you going to get for him that would help your team now. You sent a message to Cammaleri, if you dont send one to P.K then you'll never get his potential and you'll lose your team even more than you have. Do it now and hopefully reap the benefits of it next year.

Sections
Shortcuts