Subban Arbitration Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Subban Arbitration Day

Looks like something could happen soon:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/547936

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's done. 8 years, reportedly $72 million.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=727691&navid=DL|NHL|home

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Holy fracking jeebus that's a lot of money for that guy! lol

This is too bad....I was hoping for this to get ugly.

I still say MTL could have signed him to a long-term deal earlier and I don't think it would have cost them $9m/year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Yup 9 mill a year. There goes the habs, right down the tube. yay

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Overpaid.

(lol)
    Lets GO BRUINS!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Overpaid.

(lol)
    Lets GO BRUINS!!!

LOL  Good one Nutty.  It's a fair deal.  It buys a lot of UFA years and halfway through, it'll look like average money for one of the best at his position in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Wonder why they let it go to arbitration?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Wonder why they let it go to arbitration?

I wonder if the Habs knew found out which way the arbitrator was leaning towards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Overpaid.

(lol)
    Lets GO BRUINS!!!

LOL  Good one Nutty.  It's a fair deal.  It buys a lot of UFA years and halfway through, it'll look like average money for one of the best at his position in the league.

How do you figure a fair deal ? They all spoke of his last 2 years, so 2013 has 11-27-38 pts in 42 games plus 12. Based on the 82 games for 2014 should be 22-54-76 pts plus 26

2014 10-43- 53 pts 82 games ,minus 4. So he tailed off somewhat in 2014 and get rewarded with 9 mil a year ? rediculous. should of let him walk and let another team over pay. Im betting he has an even worse year this year, or , not any better than 2014. The real world of the cap that seems to not increase enuf compared to player salaries is gonna kill this league, more so a few teams. Subban now takes about 10 percent of the cap from MTL. Avereage salary per player per team is a bit over 3m. He gets 9 lol. Is all good with me because this litterally srew mtl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Subban will get his one year contract and like it.

Boychuk will get his $4.5M a year and like it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Overpaid.

(lol)
    Lets GO BRUINS!!!

How do you figure a fair deal ? They all spoke of his last 2 years, so 2013 has 11-27-38 pts in 42 games plus 12. Based on the 82 games for 2014 should be 22-54-76 pts plus 26

2014 10-43- 53 pts 82 games ,minus 4. So he tailed off somewhat in 2014 and get rewarded with 9 mil a year ? rediculous. should of let him walk and let another team over pay. Im betting he has an even worse year this year, or , not any better than 2014. The real world of the cap that seems to not increase enuf compared to player salaries is gonna kill this league, more so a few teams. Subban now takes about 10 percent of the cap from MTL. Avereage salary per player per team is a bit over 3m. He gets 9 lol. Is all good with me because this litterally srew mtl.

You're out of your mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Duncan Keith is 31 years old. Had 61 points for 2nd for NHL d-men last year. Was paid $7.65 million.

PK Subban is  24 years old. Had 53 points (tied for 5th) after leading d-men in the strike year. He was paid $2 million last year.

In a few years, even though I despise the guy on the ice, he will be paid fair market for his skills, and he was likely vastly underpaid the past 2 years.

Good contract for the player... terrible one for the Habs! Wohoo!!

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Cap being what it is NOW, very few players in the world would be worth $9M... and Subban is not one of them. I love it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It's a poor contract for the habs, in part because it's on the high side, in part because a player with an ego and bad attitude is now their centerpiece for years. As such, I am happy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Maybe you should watch some games instead of making a decision based on the stat sheet.  With your view, Torey Krug should earn more than Chara.  LOL  Come on Wally.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Bergevin got 2 years one of them being a Norris trophy season at 2.85 million per. Subban will get closer to what he is asking for in this ruling and then a long term deal but I think Bergevin comes out of this looking pretty good for what he saves in the beginning.

Nobody cares about the beginning u fool. This contract will be what he is worth now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm surprised they went to $9M.  His cap hit is now more than $1M above every other D-man in the league.  Brian Murray now looks like a genius for the Karlsson deal.

Are you not entertained?!?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

Bergevin got 2 years one of them being a Norris trophy season at 2.85 million per. Subban will get closer to what he is asking for in this ruling and then a long term deal but I think Bergevin comes out of this looking pretty good for what he saves in the beginning.

Nobody cares about the beginning u fool. This contract will be what he is worth now.

Once again you put agenda ahead of logic. You simply do not contribute anything here and you are one of the worst posters  in this forum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Once again you put agenda ahead of logic. You simply do not contribute anything here and you are one of the worst posters  in this forum.

He's "one of" the worst?  Is it possible that there is someone worse?  LOL

I think he's grown as a member here, however.  It used to just be about me.  Now he's adding others to his targeting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

9 mill a yr for 8 yrs, that's some serious coin.  No idea who his agent is but I'm going to bet he see's an uptick in business.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Everyone assumes the Cap will increase nicely over the next few years, and the player will be as good, or better than he is now, several years down the road.

If that happens, 9 mil per, for a stud player looks really economical 2 or 3 years in.

Don't think it'll play out that way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

It sucks to know that one of the worse Bruin killers in the league will be playing for their biggest rivals for the next 8 seasons. So far he's been getting better and he's maturing. We've only seen the surface from this guy. UGH.... love the talent of this guy, but who he plays for is just disgusting. I'm predicting right now he gets a Norris nomination in 2015.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Thats a lot of cheddar.  But he is the face of that franchise.  Bet the 5x5 he asked for looks good about now.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

So much for arbitration guessing games.  No one predicted $72M for 8 years? Oh well...

It's the Habs contract to live with.  The Bs have to go take care of their own business

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Thats a lot of cheddar.  But he is the face of that franchise.  Bet the 5x5 he asked for looks good about now.  

Pretty much guarantees they'll never win with all the talent they'll have to lose so he can win a few Norrises, eh?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts