Subban during the anthems -is this legal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Subban during the anthems -is this legal?

During the canadian and us anthems PK Subban was on the blue line moving front back, side to side, running in place. After he was done there was a 7 ft x 5 ft section of the Bs blue line chopped to hell increasing the possibility of a bobble by the Bs as they enter the canadiens zone. I don't know if he's fidgety or what but my question is this - should he be allowed to do this or should someone tell him to stop? I've seen him do this on a couple of occasions and wondering if anyone else does this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Subban during the anthems -is this legal?

Yes, it's a common practice and there's no rule against it. You couldn't nail Samsonov's feet still during the anthems. It has been going on for years, and there's usually at least one player a team that is fidgety like that before the game.  When Marchand gets back, watch him, he keeps slamming his toes into the ice during the anthem if he's on ice. Enstrom does it on the Jets, Burrows is like that with the Canucks, Kopitar does it, Yandle does it. etc. No idea if you're familiar with horses, but some players are wired like two-year-old standardbreds. They're wound as tight as a drum before the start of a race/game, and there's no way you're keeping them from chomping at the bit. It's a very common part of the game/pregame.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Subban during the anthems -is this legal?:
    [QUOTE]During the canadian and us anthems PK Subban was on the blue line moving front back, side to side, running in place. After he was done there was a 7 ft x 5 ft section of the Bs blue line chopped to hell increasing the possibility of a bobble by the Bs as they enter the canadiens zone.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Or a bobble by the Habs when they carry the puck out of the zone. I know it's hard to imagine the Habs getting the puck out of their zone right about now, but once in a while, it does happen.

As Red says, this happens a lot.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'm sure plenty of people have seen goalies throwing snow out in front of the crease before penalty shots.
    Same thing in baseball, I used to pick up some pebbles out at shortstop, and throw them down before leaving the field, and picked them back up after I got back out there. It usually amounts to nothing, but if it works, it's worth it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I know its the National Anthem and we as fans all stand up and take part. The players do to. They have to hear the anthem 82 times a year over a 20 year career. Thats 1640 times a player could hear the anthem. I will cut some players a little slack on this one. Its just in some players nature to sort of sway or what ever it is they do. Some players are so routine, but its part of their game. I would like to think they are not disrespectful in anyway. Actually the fans are more disrespectful when its a Canadian team vs US based team....So dumb in my opinion. Respect them both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I know it's not a huge deal and the impact is not that significant (given Kennedy's comments and potential icing) but it is altering the ice surface considerably and slowing down a portion of the ice.

I understand getting jumpy but this was excessive. It got to the point where I didn't know if it was intentional or he's just that jittery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Subban lives in his own world. I'm convinced that he's a d bag but most of it comes from the fact that he just doesn't  have a good grasp of the real world. No clue as to what is appropriate and innappropriate. We all probably know somebody like that. Some of it is probably maturity but he's not 12, he's 22 and way behind on the maturity curve.
    Bottom line: He's one weird dude.

Regarding the jittery stuff by him, and others, during the anthems...I think the league should send a directive to the teams that players need to be more respectful during the anthems. Be relatively still, no talking to the player next to you (rare, but I've seen this), no skating away from the blue line until the anthems are over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

I honestly think that if PK were on the B's, he'd have a better shot to be a real beast in this league. He needs a team around him to show him the right way to play and act. Look who he has to look up to over there. It's hard to be held accountable when your probably the toughest guy on the team...