Subban, Hamilton shine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Subban, Hamilton shine

Subban made numerous saves, including 14 in the third period as Canada opens the Canada-Russian junior challenge with a 3-2 victory. Hamilton also scores on a blast from the point. I guess he doesn't get to wear #4 with the Bruins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Subban, Hamilton shine

Just watched the 2nd period highlights on TSN website. Hamilton knew exactly where to put that puck when he got it on his stick and quickly. That was a nice rip!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Couple nice saves by Subban who handled the onslaught of pressure quite nicely. Like how he earned the cape as well.

Nice goal by Yakupov as well.

Can't wait to see how Subban progresses, I think the ceiling is real high. I think Rask and Khudobin will be terriifc, but I'll also add once Subban loses his junior eligibilty, he won't be in Providence very long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I have a very good feeling about Subban. I think he'll be a Boston Bruin very soon and a number of teams are going to regret not taking him.

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine:
    Couple nice saves by Subban who handled the onslaught of pressure quite nicely. Like how he earned the cape as well. Nice goal by Yakupov as well. Can't wait to see how Subban progresses, I think the ceiling is real high. I think Rask and Khudobin will be terriifc, but I'll also add once Subban loses his junior eligibilty, he won't be in Providence very long.
    Posted by kelvana33

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I have a very good feeling about Subban. I think he'll be a Boston Bruin very soon and a number of teams are going to regret not taking him. In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine :
    Posted by OatesCam

Exactly what I think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Subban, Hamilton shine:
    Subban made numerous saves, including 14 in the third period as Canada opens the Canada-Russian junior challenge with a 3-2 victory. Hamilton also scores on a blast from the point. I guess he doesn't get to wear #4 with the Bruins!
    Posted by newfiewhaler

I hope he wears 6, the last good old school defenseman number.  And 6 needs some honor restored, it's been stained recently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Subban, Hamilton shine : I hope he wears 6, the last good old school defenseman number.  And 6 needs some honor restored, it's been stained recently.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Zanon didnt do that bad with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Subban, Hamilton shine : I hope he wears 6, the last good old school defenseman number.  And 6 needs some honor restored, it's been stained recently. Posted by BadHabitude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blgBSjMeQ-M

Yah bring back Dick Redmond!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine :                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blgBSjMeQ-M                          Yah bring back Dick Redmond!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Or Gord Kluzak.
    http://youtu.be/pdlrhskiqMo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

newfiewhaler, (forever 500) thanks for the information.  i am always hopeful of Bs picks even when the draft pick was Trent Whitfiled, hehe.  Subban seems to be pumped to be picked in the 1st round, kudos to him.  Hamilton is potential, period.  Show me is the attitude when it comes to the NHL, or even any other sport.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I have a very good feeling about Subban. I think he'll be a Boston Bruin very soon and a number of teams are going to regret not taking him. In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine :
    Posted by OatesCam

If very soon means in about 4 years then I agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hamilton wears #27 for Niagara so I don't think that number is out of the equation for what he'll wear.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine : Or Gord Kluzak. http://youtu.be/pdlrhskiqMo Posted by RichHillOntario

I think that is what BadHab meant by restoring honor seeing that Gord ruined it lol...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Couple nice saves by Subban who handled the onslaught of pressure quite nicely. Like how he earned the cape as well. Nice goal by Yakupov as well. Can't wait to see how Subban progresses, I think the ceiling is real high. I think Rask and Khudobin will be terriifc, but I'll also add once Subban loses his junior eligibilty, he won't be in Providence very long.
    Posted by kelvana33

Jaw dropping snipe by Yakupov there.

Ugh, imagine what the Hall-RNH-Yak line is going to be like in a few years...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guy8. Show Guy8's posts

DH said he'd wanna wear #27 in Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yup, I think he idolizes Scott Neidermeyer. He'll be 27 in Boston.

Hamilton wears #27 for Niagara so I don't think that number is out of the equation for what he'll wear.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

No, I think it means within 18 months or less. Maybe even much less. So you disagree with me.

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine : If very soon means in about 4 years then I agree.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine : If very soon means in about 4 years then I agree.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I'm not saying it will be next season, but it no way it takes 4 years for him to get up here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine : I'm not saying it will be next season, but it no way it takes 4 years for him to get up here.
    Posted by kelvana33

Most drafted goalies never make it to the NHL.  Of those that do, how many are in the NHL in less than four years? 

Very few, I'd guess.

No reason to think that Subban is going to buck that trend.

Two more years in juniors and at least two years in Providence is very realistic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No, I think it means within 18 months or less. Maybe even much less. So you disagree with me. In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine :
    Posted by OatesCam

I do. 

He has 2 years of eligibility left in the OHL. That's where he'll stay. Then most likely off to Providence.

They didn't rush Rask and they won't rush Subban. 18 months or less is a rush job. NHL at 19-20 ? There are others in the system who can play the backup role to Rask. Subban would be better off playing a full workload of games for his development. 

Or are you suggesting he'll be a starter for the B's in 1 1/2 years ? That would be a bold statement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No, I think it means within 18 months or less. Maybe even much less. So you disagree with me. In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine :
    Posted by OatesCam

I can't imagine many would agree with you, if any.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

No Thomas,  but some promising goalies in the minors will just send a message to Tuuka; "time to shine kid." Yes ! he Rask will shine. The Thomas dilemma over the B's will play much better with a new face in net. Nothing against TT but the bruins will need to just deal with it and Boston will.

The Bruins current roster has vets, youth and some young prospects with a shot to show if they are NHL ready. Time will tell.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In style, Subban reminds me a bit of Carey Price. Like Price, he is the top-rated Canadian goaltender of his age group. If we use Price as a recent example of goalie development, he played two more years of Junior, one year of AHL and then joined the Canadiens. 3 full years between drafting and NHL play. One major difference is birthdays, with Subban having the best possible birthday. He'll be eligible for the AHL next year. So you can take away one year of 'forced' Junior time. The rest depends on Subban and the Bruins goalie situation. Next year if the Bruins are in good shape and Subban needs work, he's in the A. If one of the duo this year struggles or is injured next year, and Subban is on fire, I don't think it's out of the question that he could see games as early as next season. I would doubt they would leave Malcolm in the minors for his full entry level contract. So I see him as min 1 year, max 3 years away from NHL games. I think the safe bet is 2 years from now he's playing, but earlier if he earns it/gets lucky with Rask blowing a knee. That's assuming he's good enough to make it.

Sections
Shortcuts