Subban, Hamilton shine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Subban, Hamilton shine

To be very, very clear:

Rask was drafted in 2005.

He played four games in Boston the third year after he was drafted.  Who cares.

He played one game in the NHL the fourth year after he was drafted.

The fifth year he played 45.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine:
    In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine :  Id say kessel is elite he was in the top five in pts made the all star team but dez says hes garabage so it must be true. I wouldnt want a top 5 point guy on my team... And the ahl develops more dmen than any other league in the world want to make a bet pal???
    Posted by heyoo

No.  The NHL does.  Pronger, Phillips, Stevens etc etc etc.  Dmen take time to develop an overall game.  Its the hardest position to play...most learn by being paired with a veteran dman.  You name one good alltime great dman and you can normally find a veteran that helped them along the way with little to no hype.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine :  Id say kessel is elite he was in the top five in pts made the all star team but dez says hes garabage so it must be true. I wouldnt want a top 5 point guy on my team... And the ahl develops more dmen than any other league in the world want to make a bet pal???
    Posted by heyoo

Counting to six fail on Kessel.

dez said the CHL - that's the WHL, OHL, and QMJHL - not the AHL.  Here's a few of the CHL guys who jumped from the CHL to the NHL in their draft year over the last four years:

2008-09 - Drew Doughty, Zach Bogosian, Luke Schenn,
    2009-10 - Tyler Myers, Dmitry Kulikov
    2010-11 - Cam Fowler

And that's not to include guys who didn't play a game of AHL hockey, but did play one more year or two more years of CHL to hone their skills - Gudbranson, Carlson, Pietrangelo....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Most dmen coming out of the chl have to develop their defensive game before they make it to the nhl. So i dont understand how that is horse. Ive never seen a dmen come from the chl and be a force defensively, but ive seen players come from the european league and make the jump to the nhl. Just an observation you dont agree fine give me some names. Just so you know in all the chl leagues only 2 goalies had a gaa under 2 and that is 60 teams only two players with gaa under 2 deff says good d to me.
    Posted by heyoo

You stated junior hockey's defensive play is slim to none. 

You have never seen a CHL game.

Your chances of knowing what you're talking about is not slim but none.

P.S. Total horse crap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

heyoo = little kid

Probably 14 or 15 years old.

Why bother?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In my post i said name some ppl only person who could name someone came up with three names not exatly a good arguing point about the chl developing the most talent. I said ahl which for obvious reason develops far more d talent. Just common sense but bank your comments on three names and i will base mine off of hundreds of players. And i have seen chl games, i would bet the over in almost every single game bcs the defensive play is non existant. Its a scoring league...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yahoo heyoo!  Take some time and ponder then retort with an argument not bombastic hyperbole!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

NHL leaders
    Elliot 1.56 GAA is 27 was 24 when played 31 games in OTT
    Quick 1.95         26        23                  44 in LA
    Schneider 1.96    26        25                 25 in Van backup since was 23
    Lundqvist  1.98   30        24                  53 in NYR
    Halak 1.97          27        22 played 16 and 24 when played 34 in Mon
    Howard  2.13      28        26                  63 in Det
    Smith   2.21       30        24                  23 in Dal
    Hedberg 2.23      39        29                 66 in Pit
    Giguere  2.27      35        24                 34 in ANA
    Lehtonen 2.33     28        22                 38 in Atl
    Kiprusoff  2.35     35        27                 38 in Cal
    Fleury     2.36     27        19                  21 in Pit
    TT        2.36       38        32                 38 in Bos

1 out of the top 13 in NHL.com stats from last year played at 19, the rest were basically 4++ years waiting in the wings for their shot, Subban has a wait.

GOAT!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

@tonight's game. No Hamilton, Subban on bench. Pissed. Good skill all around, Russia looking much better, esp. In goal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In style, Subban reminds me a bit of Carey Price. Like Price, he is the top-rated Canadian goaltender of his age group. If we use Price as a recent example of goalie development, he played two more years of Junior, one year of AHL and then joined the Canadiens. 3 full years between drafting and NHL play. One major difference is birthdays, with Subban having the best possible birthday. He'll be eligible for the AHL next year. So you can take away one year of 'forced' Junior time. The rest depends on Subban and the Bruins goalie situation. Next year if the Bruins are in good shape and Subban needs work, he's in the A. If one of the duo this year struggles or is injured next year, and Subban is on fire, I don't think it's out of the question that he could see games as early as next season. I would doubt they would leave Malcolm in the minors for his full entry level contract. So I see him as min 1 year, max 3 years away from NHL games. I think the safe bet is 2 years from now he's playing, but earlier if he earns it/gets lucky with Rask blowing a knee. That's assuming he's good enough to make it.
    Posted by OatesCam

A new sitcom coming to network television soon !  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

In response to "Re: Subban, Hamilton shine":
    @tonight's game. No Hamilton, Subban on bench. Pissed. Good skill all around, Russia looking much better, esp. In goal. Posted by OatesCam
    Canada's looking much better in the third. Too bad there's no Bruins' prospects playing tonight. This entire challenge is meant to serve as an evaluation camp so I guess that it's crucial that all of the players get a chance to play. I bet that Canada goes with Subban in the last game though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Subban, Hamilton shine:
    Subban made numerous saves, including 14 in the third period as Canada opens the Canada-Russian junior challenge with a 3-2 victory. Hamilton also scores on a blast from the point. I guess he doesn't get to wear #4 with the Bruins!
    Posted by newfiewhaler
    APPARENTLY HE LIKES #27.. ALTHOUGH HE'S currently assigned #59.. great game though.. this kid could be the next defensive seguin...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

So I've decided to make the trip up to Halifax for Monday's Canada-Russia game. After seeing Subban and Hamilton in person I should be able to predict everything about their future careers and talent levels. I'll report what I see!
    Posted by OatesCam

They were in the building. 

Questions :

Did Subban look comfortable on the end of the bench ? 

In 18 months is this what you'd consider as seeing him " in the NHL " ?

Did Dougie look bigger then 6'4' 200 lbs. sitting in the press box talking to PC ?

Did he have something to eat during the action ?

This is where I value your future career and talent level observations the most. Please respond.

P.S. No numbers needed !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

@tonight's game. No Hamilton, Subban on bench. Pissed. Good skill all around, Russia looking much better, esp. In goal.
    Posted by OatesCam

I thought of you and chuckled when I seen the lineup. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hamilton seemed to struggle with his decision-making.  He was eating a sandwich and couldn't choose between ham and cheese, chicken salad, tuna... he went back and forth. You can tell that once he adjusts he could probably eat all three at once with that size, but right now I have my doubts. I also hear Subban volunteered to backup to prepare for his role behind Tuukka. He's determined to beat the predominant 4-year Boston.com estimates.

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine : They were in the building.  Questions : Did Subban look comfortable on the end of the bench ?  In 18 months is this what you'd consider as seeing him " in the NHL " ? Did Dougie look bigger then 6'4' 200 lbs. sitting in the press box talking to PC ? Did he have something to eat during the action ? This is where I value your future career and talent level observations the most. Please respond. P.S. No numbers needed !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hamilton seemed to struggle with his decision-making.  He was eating a sandwich and couldn't choose between ham and cheese, chicken salad, tuna... he went back and forth. You can tell that once he adjusts he could probably eat all three at once with that size, but right now I have my doubts. I also hear Subban volunteered to backup to prepare for his role behind Tuukka. He's determined to beat the predominant 4-year Boston.com estimates. In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine :
    Posted by OatesCam

You have a career waiting for you at the Central Scouting Bureau if you choose to do so..........if they branch off into scouting people eating at restaurants.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine : You have a career waiting for you at the Central Scouting Bureau if you choose to do so..........if they branch off into scouting people eating at restaurants.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

did someone say eating ? Restaurant ?

I laughed also last night and thought of OC.  Was thinking , I hope he's going to tomorrow's (tonight) game.
    I'm sure Hamilton will be in the lineup tonight, as for Subban not sure although last night Canada in nets got out-dueled . Makarov made the saves when he had to and our goalie did not i.e. the game winner was weak.  I think Subban is the better goalie and I hope he starts tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainsy1. Show rainsy1's posts

Seen Hamilton play twice when he came to town. He was like a man playing with boys. Nothing left for him to do in junior (other than be part of a memorial cup team) . he cant go the "A" so i thinking he starts the season in Boston as the 6th or 7th guy unless ther is a labour problem  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hamilton seemed to struggle with his decision-making.  He was eating a sandwich and couldn't choose between ham and cheese, chicken salad, tuna... he went back and forth. You can tell that once he adjusts he could probably eat all three at once with that size, but right now I have my doubts. In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine :Posted by OatesCam

I expect an excel spreadsheet with numbers to back all this scouting up. How long did it take him to chew ? How many times did he chomp down before he finished a half a sandwich ? etc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Seen Hamilton play twice when he came to town. He was like a man playing with boys. Nothing left for him to do in junior (other than be part of a memorial cup team) . he cant go the "A" so i thinking he starts the season in Boston as the 6th or 7th guy unless ther is a labour problem  
    Posted by rainsy1

I didn't see him twice last year...... but I missed maybe that many of his games. At times he looked great. At times he didn't. So as far as looking like a man playing with boys ( someone-will-love-that-line ), he was larger then most of the players but didn't play like a man amongst boys every game. He has plenty of work to do if he came back to junior........like work on his consistency with his decision making. 

I also think he will start the season in the bigs though. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine : did someone say eating ? Restaurant ? I laughed also last night and thought of OC.  Was thinking , I hope he's going to tomorrow's (tonight) game. I'm sure Hamilton will be in the lineup tonight, as for Subban not sure although last night Canada in nets got out-dueled . Makarov made the saves when he had to and our goalie did not i.e. the game winner was weak.  I think Subban is the better goalie and I hope he starts tonight.
    Posted by BsLegion

I was surprised that he wasn't drafted this year. There must be something about him that stopped teams from using a late pick on him. Maybe he has no intentions of leaving Russia. I thought of the handful of games that I've seen him play ( world juniors and this tourney ) he looked really good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Looks like Hamilton is back in & Subban starting in net for the final game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine : I was surprised that he wasn't drafted this year. There must be something about him that stopped teams from using a late pick on him. Maybe he has no intentions of leaving Russia. I thought of the handful of games that I've seen him play ( world juniors and this tourney ) he looked really good.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

it's because you don't take a goalie in the 1st round , duh !  Wink
    Didn't come into that Canada game at the WJ after Vasilevski almost let the game get away ?
    If it was Makarov he also saved that game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Subban, Hamilton shine : it's because you don't take a goalie in the 1st round , duh !  Didn't come into that Canada game at the WJ after Vasilevski almost let the game get away ? If it was Makarov he also saved that game.
    Posted by BsLegion

Yep it was him . And then he played in the 1-0 gold medal game.

Sections
Shortcuts