Subban skills competition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

Re: Subban skills competition

I've always been high on that kid ever since seeing early vids on youtube. AHL allstar skills especially. He is highly skilled and plays tough with his big size. I wish he were a Bruin...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Exhibition or not, It is a little concerning that Thomas's weak 5-hole got exposed big time this weekend, both in the skills competition and in the game.  It looked like 09-10 Thomas 5-hole, everything that got shot between his legs went in, and it seemed like all the other guys were aware of it and kept shooting there.  Not sure why, seemed like he improved that flaw in his game a bit this year.  Hopefully that is not a sign of what is to come in the second half.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Subban skills competition:
    [QUOTE]Exhibition or not, It is a little concerning that Thomas's weak 5-hole got exposed big time this weekend, both in the skills competition and in the game.  It looked like 09-10 Thomas 5-hole, everything that got shot between his legs went in, and it seemed like all the other guys were aware of it and kept shooting there.  Not sure why, seemed like he improved that flaw in his game a bit this year.  Hopefully that is not a sign of what is to come in the second half.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what happens to a goalie in the shooting gallery usually translates into the second half play.

That makes sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Makes perfect sense.  When Timmy starts to get run down and fatigued, the tell tale sign is he starts letting in weak 5-hole goals in bunches.  I have noticed this throughout his entire career.  And if any teams needed a better scouting report on Thomas for shootouts in the second half, they have one now...deke to blocker side, go glove hand and slide puck through 5 hole.  Works 90% of the time.  The mini 1 on 1 kids could score on Thomas with that move.  It is his kryptonite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Makes perfect sense.  When Timmy starts to get run down and fatigued, the tell tale sign is he starts letting in weak 5-hole goals in bunches.  I have noticed this throughout his entire career.  And if any teams needed a better scouting report on Thomas for shootouts in the second half, they have one now...deke to blocker side, go glove hand and slide puck through 5 hole.  Works 90% of the time.  The mini 1 on 1 kids could score on Thomas with that move.  It is his kryptonite.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]
    Obviously teams haven't exploited this supposed weakness you notice.....just check out his numbers thus far this year....it's not like NHL shooters had an epiphany over the weekend and figured him out. Relax, it was a game of shinny .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

abra- cadavar....you've noticed this flaw his  his WHOLE career ? You must have frequent flyer points watching all those games of his in Europe !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Fine, it has been a blatant trend I have noticed his entire Bruins career.  Happy?  Not a big deal, just pointing out that when Thomas has been hurt, fatigued, or starting to get away from his game in the past, the obvious sign is the 5-hole goals start coming in floods and sometimes that trend lasts a while with him.  Just making an observation that his 5-hole was dreadful this weekend in the shootout drill and the game and questioning whether it may carry over into the real games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

None of the goalies were going all-out in the game.  Why would they risk a groin injury to win a meaningless game?  I agree that Thomas does tend to give up more 5-hole goals when he is fatigued or injured, however I would not use the All-Star Game as an indicator of either fatigue or injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Subban just bothers me, with his hot shot attitude and his playing for one of the mosted loathed teams (by me) in the NHL.  I was far more impressed by Kopitar's performance in that part of the skills competition

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I've been watching him (exposed to the games here in Montreal) and I've been saying since he started to play for the habs that the guy is a CLOWN....he was healthy scratch for 4 games in a row about 1 month ago ...if he would have so much talent why keep him off the roster...because the coach sees it too...Subban is a real clown , one thing I have to give him is that he is a real entertainer....maybe he should be a singer or a Jazz musician but not a hockey player ...believe me his career will be short...Cirque du Soleil should make him an offer ...or the Ice Capades or Ice Follies but dam it not in the NHL please ...the Mtl Canadiens are losing their credibility with such a clown on the ice

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I approve this message

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

It's worth noting that TT was the guy who went in to relieve Rick Dipietro when he tore his hip open at an All Star game. Given how recent his own hip surgery was, and that its no longer his first ASG, its kinda hard to think he was actually going balls to the wall to make every save.

Skinner was fun, Subban was hilarious. Subban is exactly what the game needs. This weekends loosening of the reins of "proper" NHL behavior made it possible to sit through the non-game at the end. Hell, I even managed not to toss my cookies when Clay Aiken made Rossane Barr's rendition of the Anthem sound polished and Steven Tylers sound well tuned.

In Response to Subban skills competition:
    [QUOTE]I usually hammer the kid but cudos for keeping it fun at the skills competition. Wearing Skinner's jersey and showing some really impressive skills in the breakaway challenge. Also -- The win didn't mean a thing in the All-Star game -- but it was nice to see TT as the winning goalie and Queen Henri the loser as I watched the game with my daughter and son-in-law -- 2 dopy Ranger fans who had Jerkquist as a sure winner over Thomas once they enterd the 3rd period.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]I've been watching him (exposed to the games here in Montreal) and I've been saying since he started to play for the habs that the guy is a CLOWN....he was healthy scratch for 4 games in a row about 1 month ago ...if he would have so much talent why keep him off the roster...because the coach sees it too...Subban is a real clown , one thing I have to give him is that he is a real entertainer....maybe he should be a singer or a Jazz musician but not a hockey player ...believe me his career will be short...Cirque du Soleil should make him an offer ...or the Ice Capades or Ice Follies but dam it not in the NHL please ...the Mtl Canadiens are losing their credibility with such a clown on the ice Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Right...just like you said that Subban isn't good enough for the NHL right now, and he'll finish the season in Hamilton.

Your above remarks are the best endorsement that PK can have, as you've proven your worthlessness as a judge of talent and/or predictor many, many times.

Subban was having a great time at the ASG, and why not? Lots of other guys were enjoying themselves, too, which is what the event should be all about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No problems with Subban at the ASG.  He was having fun and the jersey thing was funny. 

With Skinner's jersey on, you almost couldn't tell who was who...you know...cause they look so alike...

He's probably a swell guy too, but as an opposing fan, I'm still looking forward to seeing the kid getting a little rough and tumble rookie initiation.  I suspect even Habs fans know this is coming, as flamboyant and outspoken as the kid seems to be.  I don't want to see him hurt, just humbled a bit...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I didnt find the sweater switching thing very funny at all, I guess given what he could do to try to be orginal, he gets a gold star for that

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

We've missed having a player like Subban in the league since JR retired - not similar in skills really, but the attitude is there. Generally I don't like the outspoken or cocky players, but having at last one guy in the game who is willing to chirp a bit and have fun and goof about is good for the game. It's unfortunate he's a Hab.

Bothers me that in a bunch of posts at tsn tonnes of Has fans were saying that his thng with Skinner's jersey was disrespectful to the bleu, blanc et rouge. A few even said that if he doesn't want to wear that jersey all the time, Montreal should get rid of him. Wow - talk abot fans with no sense of humour or even a clue. I know we can be hard fans to play or sometimes, but Montreal really takes the cake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I've said it before, If the Habs don't want Subban, I would not cry to see him pull on the spoked B.

[QUOTE]We've missed having a player like Subban in the league since JR retired - not similar in skills really, but the attitude is there. Generally I don't like the outspoken or cocky players, but having at last one guy in the game who is willing to chirp a bit and have fun and goof about is good for the game. It's unfortunate he's a Hab. Bothers me that in a bunch of posts at tsn tonnes of Has fans were saying that his thng with Skinner's jersey was disrespectful to the bleu, blanc et rouge. A few even said that if he doesn't want to wear that jersey all the time, Montreal should get rid of him. Wow - talk abot fans with no sense of humour or even a clue. I know we can be hard fans to play or sometimes, but Montreal really takes the cake.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

hey, if you were Subban wouldn't you JUMP at the chance to put on a different jersey then the one he's forced to wear ? :)

i suppose he adds a spark to the game, but he is a huge liability with some of his antics

CB