Subban this and Subban that but this is the true faker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Subban this and Subban that but this is the true faker

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Those fights are just adorable!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The fight with Turris in the playoffs is by far the most cowardly.  There were about 15 players on the Sens who would have gladly dropped em' with Subban by the end of that series.  He declined all invites.  Then he sees Turris  (Turris??!) at the end of a play and attacks him out of the clear blue before he's even ready.  No provocation or reason, except Subban jumping the guy least likely to fight on the team. 

As is his custom, Subban gets more and more wild as the situation gets even safer for him -- when the refs get there.  He's throwing bombs while Turris is down, keeps throwing long after the refs are there, acts like a complete clown.  Even the Montreal bench looks embarassed with him by the end.  And he still doesn't do any damage.  It was the most feeble, pathetic gesture at toughness I have seen in a while.  The Habs shamed themselves that whole series, but that took the cake for me.

No problem at all with Subban not fighting from me.  But that isn't what he's chosen.  He's chosen to attack people when he has the advantage and is safe.  In any other scenario, he backs down and turtles.  That's why I don't like him much, despite the talent. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

The fight with Turris in the playoffs is by far the most cowardly.  There were about 15 players on the Sens who would have gladly dropped em' with Subban by the end of that series.  He declined all invites.  Then he sees Turris  (Turris??!) at the end of a play and attacks him out of the clear blue before he's even ready.  No provocation or reason, except Subban jumping the guy least likely to fight on the team. 

As is his custom, Subban gets more and more wild as the situation gets even safer for him -- when the refs get there.  He's throwing bombs while Turris is down, keeps throwing long after the refs are there, acts like a complete clown.  Even the Montreal bench looks embarassed with him by the end.  And he still doesn't do any damage.  It was the most feeble, pathetic gesture at toughness I have seen in a while.  The Habs shamed themselves that whole series, but that took the cake for me.

No problem at all with Subban not fighting from me.  But that isn't what he's chosen.  He's chosen to attack people when he has the advantage and is safe.  In any other scenario, he backs down and turtles.  That's why I don't like him much, despite the talent. 

Good post. Pretty well sums it up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No secret I'm a fan of his skills. Love that he's part of the rivalry, but I won't let it cloud my judgement either. This is dead on. He seems to wrestle with opponents and when they hit the fround or the refs intervene that is when he starts throwing.

Still an awesome player, shananigans just add to the love to hate him. All in good fun. Canuck fans feel the hate for Marchand, and I like that too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhead22. Show hockeyhead22's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

if lucic low-bridged emelin and sent him head over heals (plate in head and all), is lucic dirty because he put emelin in danger of serious injury?  just as much damage can be done with this type of hit, as in a fight (especially to the head). the point is, if you contact the guy below the hip- it's a very dangerous play. dangerous for the knees, dangerous for the head. it's either clean hip to hip, or it's dangerous. take a biomechanics class, it's all about center of gravity. if you get below your opponents- he goes head over heals. hip to hip results in a text book hip check. if the league is so concerned about player safety, this low-bridging should be the next thing to go. how is it possible for a player to literally do a somersault on the ice and come down "safely"? it's all about how much the guy checking bends his knees before contact. if you're crouching... it's dangerous. and should be done away with.  

It was Lucic's knee that took Yemlin out last year.

So, what do you mean 'if'?

Just askin'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to hockeyhead22's comment:

Just askin'

[/QUOTE]

Emelin initiated the contact. Lucic did nothing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-shVOnCyRBo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

if lucic low-bridged emelin and sent him head over heals (plate in head and all), is lucic dirty because he put emelin in danger of serious injury?  just as much damage can be done with this type of hit, as in a fight (especially to the head). the point is, if you contact the guy below the hip- it's a very dangerous play. dangerous for the knees, dangerous for the head. it's either clean hip to hip, or it's dangerous. take a biomechanics class, it's all about center of gravity. if you get below your opponents- he goes head over heals. hip to hip results in a text book hip check. if the league is so concerned about player safety, this low-bridging should be the next thing to go. how is it possible for a player to literally do a somersault on the ice and come down "safely"? it's all about how much the guy checking bends his knees before contact. if you're crouching... it's dangerous. and should be done away with.  

Just askin'

go away...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just askin'

Only a Habs fan could ask that question.  Call 911.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Just askin'

LOL!

Really?

You mean when Emelin attempted to lay a hit on him and just ended up bouncing off him and injuring himself?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Thanks.  I appreciate it.

1) starts with a cheap shot to Marchand after the play, then turtles;

2) hugs and wrestles

3) hugs and wrestles

4) sucker punches Turris with his glove on, then wails on him when Turris is on the ice

5) looks plaintively at refs for help for 20-or-so seconds, then surprises Bogosian -- sucker punch? -- and then drops when Bogosan hits back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Having trolls like hocheyhead22 here is actually one thing I enjoy about a Bruins/Habs playoff series.  Too bad the Habs will be one & done again this year.  Oh well, maybe next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

Thanks.  I appreciate it.

1) starts with a cheap shot to Marchand after the play, then turtles;

2) hugs and wrestles

3) hugs and wrestles

4) sucker punches Turris with his glove on, then wails on him when Turris is on the ice

5) looks plaintively at refs for help for 20-or-so seconds, then surprises Bogosian -- sucker punch? -- and then drops when Bogosan hits back.

Exactly why I have zero respect for the  sniveling a s s. Wouldn't want him on any team of mine and I don't care how much talent he has. I just wish refs would call his dives.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

LOL

New age term to make something seem a lot worse than it is.

Emelin put a hip check on Lucic.  A hip check isn't hip to hip, just as a shoulder check ins't shoulder to shoulder.  A hip check is a check using the hip.  Emelin used his hip to check Lucic.

Save the drama for your baby daddy.

LOL

submarine? is that an old enough term for you?

i'm not debating what a hip check is or isn't. i'm debating what a "clean" hip check is. the fact that you can't tell the difference is funny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

i'm not debating what a hip check is or isn't. i'm debating what a "clean" hip check is. the fact that you can't tell the difference is funny.

Why wasn't it clean?  The whole hockey world saw that play, including all of the officials on the ice.  No penalties.  No calls from Toronto.  Know why?

Clean, legal hit.

And truthfully, it was a beauty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Darius Kasparaitis made a living with the hip check. He was very well respected & never had to fight cause of his "Beauties". WRONG! He was scrambling & cowarding all his career after delievering one. When a hip check is at the knee or below it is not a beauty! It is someones livlihood,wellbein & the guy should be upset by it.Play the game straight up honest, with respect & nobody has a problem with it. Emelin & Subban do not play the game straight up & honest with all they opportunity hits,diving, turtleing & faking injuries.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this just in.... if the refs don't call it... it's A OK. just ask NAS. the fact you brought up shanny is even funnier.  i watched a lot of college hockey yesterday(along with the b's of course), saw some beatuiful hip checks. in each the checker closes in on the hit with their butt high in the air, legs barely bent, to get full contact. THAT"S a BEAUTIFUL HIP CHECK. submarining a guy is cheap and dirty. i find it ironic that the guy that carries the "no staged fights" flag, has no issue with a WWF wrestling move.  because that's what it is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhead22. Show hockeyhead22's posts

Just askin'

Emelin initiated the contact. Lucic did nothing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-shVOnCyRBo

Not to belittle Good King Lucic, rather just to be sure.

Can no one see the knee at 37 seconds?

C'mon now, playoffs coming, time to seperate the fans from the boys.

He kneed him didn't he!

I think he did.

No more complaing about missed calls on THIS site.

Just sayin'.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I think he did.

You are alone in this line of thinking.  He didnt knee him.  Emelin tried to make a big hit on Lucic and got hurt doing so.  Nothing dirty to see here.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhead22. Show hockeyhead22's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

I think he did.

You are alone in this line of thinking.  He didnt knee him.  Emelin tried to make a big hit on Lucic and got hurt doing so.  Nothing dirty to see here.

Simple question.

Did Lucic's knee cause Emlin's injury?

If it did, Lucic MUST have kneed him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think he did.

Simple question.

Yeah, right along the lines of running into a wall full speed and then blaming the wall for hurting you.

I think he did.

Simple question.

Yeah, right along the lines of running into a wall full speed and then blaming the wall for hurting you.

If injured by the wall, it MUST be the walls fault.

Notice I use all caps in the word 'must' to make sure you know it is FACT.

(I also used them in the word 'fact' to show emphasis on how much of an indisputable fact it truly is)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhead22. Show hockeyhead22's posts

I think he did.

Simple question.

• Yeah, right along the lines of running into a wall full speed and then blaming the wall for hurting you.

If injured by the wall, it MUST be the walls fault.

Notice I use all caps in the word 'must' to make sure you know it is FACT.

(I also used them in the word 'fact' to show emphasis on how much of an indisputable fact it truly is)

LOL

You can't run into a knee!

The defendent WILL answer the question!

Heres what I see in the video.

Emelin tries to go for a big hit.

Lucic braces for big hit.

Emelin bounces of Lucic.

Neither Lucic nor Emelin do anything dirty or outside of the ordinary in this hit.

Sometimes people get hurt in hockey.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Heres what I see in the video.

Emelin tries to go for a big hit.

Lucic braces for big hit.

Emelin bounces of Lucic.

Neither Lucic nor Emelin do anything dirty or outside of the ordinary in this hit.

Sometimes people get hurt in hockey.

Yeah, it couldn't have been a more routine play.  Nothing out of the oridinary from either guy.  I've never heard a complaint about this play before, even from the reactionaries in Montreal.

Is it being suggested that when someone tries to hit you, you should move your knees and elbows out of the way because they might run into them and get hurt?  Maybe Lucic should just lie down when he sees Emelin coming, so Emelin doesn't have to run into anything at all.  

Might be a good idea to watch/learn/play some hockey before coming here.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksVEMxWT_98

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it couldn't have been a more routine play.  Nothing out of the oridinary from either guy.  I've never heard a complaint about this play before, even from the reactionaries in Montreal

Is it being suggested that when someone tries to hit you, you should move your knees and elbows out of the way because they might run into them and get hurt?  Maybe Lucic should just lie down when he sees Emelin coming, so Emelin doesn't have to run into anything at all.  

Might be a good idea to watch/learn/play some hockey before coming here.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksVEMxWT_98

[/QUOTE]

This is a prime example of someone leaving their feet to make a hit & should be shown right underneath the Orpukes hit. I think we also know why Emelin laid the hip check last week. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts