Subban this and Subban that but this is the true faker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Re: Subban this and Subban that but this is the true faker

Your theory that the knee caused the injury would hold more water if Lucic didn't pull his knee back right as the hit was occurring. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your theory that the knee caused the injury would hold more water if Lucic didn't pull his knee back right as the hit was occurring. 

[/QUOTE]

That and the fact that Lucic is trying to skate, not hit.  

If you study the mechanics of skating, or running, you'll find that the knee moves in a back and forth motion in the act of propelling the body forward.  The arrival time of Emelin's hit in relation to the roation of Lucic's skating stride is not of anyone's concern, except perhaps Emelin.  

A shame he ran into something hard.  A risk in checking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you study the mechanics of skating, or running, you'll find that the knee moves in a back and forth motion in the act of propelling the body forward.  The arrival time of Emelin's hit in relation to the roation of Lucic's skating stride is not of anyone's concern, except perhaps Emelin.  

[/QUOTE]

lol, perfect... in super slow-mo, it actually looks like Lucic starts to raise his knee instinctively to protect himself, then pulls it back as contact occurs. Emelin for some reason leaves his left leg locked and on the ice, and basically leads with the side of his knee.

Short story, he did it to himself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhead22. Show hockeyhead22's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol, perfect... in super slow-mo, it actually looks like Lucic starts to raise his knee instinctively to protect himself, then pulls it back as contact occurs. Emelin for some reason leaves his left leg locked and on the ice, and basically leads with the side of his knee.

Short story, he did it to himself.

[/QUOTE]

If you study the mechanics of kneeing, you'll find that the knee moves in a back and forth motion, in the act of propelling the knee forward. If the knee moves in an up and down motion, ah, well, thats something entirely different.

And Socco,

I'm still wrestling with your logic.

I'm certainly not trying to stir anything up here, but...

"in super slow-mo, it actually looks like Lucic starts to raise his knee instinctively to protect himself"

Agreed, I don't think it was intentional, it happened too quickly.

It likely was instinctive on Lucic's part.

But that sort of reaction is defensive in nature.

Lucic blinked first, and threw a knee forward.  

That's always been the sign of a dirty play. (player)

Hence the hit the other day. It's all about communication. 

And Socco's contention that Lucic "pulls it back as contact occurs" sort of supports that theory, don't you think?

Either Lucic should be with cirque du soleil, or he kneed the guy. 

This group of shabs is getting under the B's skin, and not in any small way. 

I'm confident this years team is as good as any you've seen recently, but they've got to get over it.

Good luck with that!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to hockeyhead22's comment:

If you study the mechanics of being a whining crybaby...oh wait...you got it.

If by "getting under the B's skin" you mean being about 20 points back in the standings, Then yeah...tough times for us...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhead22. Show hockeyhead22's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you study the mechanics of being a whining crybaby...oh wait...you got it.

If by "getting under the B's skin" you mean being about 20 points back in the standings, Then yeah...tough times for us...

[/QUOTE]

Well,

if you're not interested in an intelligent perspective and think you would be better off with name calling.

.....oh wait.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

[QUOTE]

And Socco,

"in super slow-mo, it actually looks like Lucic starts to raise his knee instinctively to protect himself"

And Socco's contention that Lucic "pulls it back as contact occurs" sort of supports that theory, don't you think?

I'm confident this years team is as good as any you've seen recently, but they've got to get over it.

Good luck with that!

[/QUOTE]

Let me sum up: Lucic at the last second saw a hit coming, his instinct was to protect himself from the hit. Then he realizes his knee is up, and withdraws it so as not to break the opposing player's leg. The original contention was that Lucic kneed Emelin and thus injured him. My point is that clearly isn't the case, since Emelin wasn't, in fact, kneed by Lucic.

I'm not sure how you jump from that observation to "he blinked, and an instinctive move to defend himself makes him dirty."

Also, are you saying that since Lucic tries NOT to knee Emelin on the play, he is therefore dirty?

I'm not sure my logic is the issue here.

The Habs get under a lot of people's skins, because they flop, dive, embellish, act, cry for the refs, etc. If they didn't -- or if in general the NHL officiating could do their jobs with teams like that -- they would probably be battling it out with Florida for a high draft pick. (okay, exaggeration).

I agree with your last point, the B's need to not get caught up with that sort of nonsense and just play hockey. No need to wish them luck when the playoffs start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhead22. Show hockeyhead22's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And Socco,

Good luck with that!

[/QUOTE]

Let me sum up: Lucic at the last second saw a hit coming, his instinct was to protect himself from the hit. Then he realizes his knee is up, and withdraws it so as not to break the opposing player's leg. The original contention was that Lucic kneed Emelin and thus injured him. My point is that clearly isn't the case, since Emelin wasn't, in fact, kneed by Lucic.

I'm not sure how you jump from that observation to "he blinked, and an instinctive move to defend himself makes him dirty."

Also, are you saying that since Lucic tries NOT to knee Emelin on the play, he is therefore dirty?

The Habs get under a lot of people's skins, because they flop, dive, embellish, act, cry for the refs, etc. If they didn't -- or if in general the NHL officiating could do their jobs with teams like that -- they would probably be battling it out with Florida for a high draft pick. (okay, exaggeration).

I agree with your last point, the B's need to not get caught up with that sort of nonsense and just play hockey. No need to wish them luck when the playoffs start.

[/QUOTE]

Understood.

I don't agree but that's enough for today.

LOL

Take care.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Well,

if you're not interested in an intelligent perspective and think you would be better off with name calling.

.....oh wait.....

[/QUOTE]

Well when does the intelligent discussion start?  You started an account here and have spent all of your posts so far on the preposterous notion that Lucic is responsible for Emelin's injury when Emelin tried to check him and had his knee buckled, a long time ago.  You want intelligent discussion, start with an intelligent point.  What you've offered so far is indeed just whining...sorry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And Socco,

Good luck with that!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Understood.

I don't agree but that's enough for today.

LOL

Take care.

[/QUOTE]

Is 9 past your bed time. Good nite son

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhead22. Show hockeyhead22's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well,

.....oh wait.....

[/QUOTE]

Well when does the intelligent discussion start?  You started an account here and have spent all of your posts so far on the preposterous notion that Lucic is responsible for Emelin's injury when Emelin tried to check him and had his knee buckled, a long time ago.  You want intelligent discussion, start with an intelligent point.  What you've offered so far is indeed just whining...sorry.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously not with you!!

No other problems here.

Your reputation proceeds you.