Subban to win Norris

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Subban to win Norris

In response to shuperman's comment:

Wonder if the hart trophy is based on the fwds shtoi or blocks, or hits etc etc.  maybe the hart trophy for best fwd should be looked at as well.  Pretty sure ovi, crosby and tav dont lead in those stats.   

this debate if we bring it back up started with dez and i.  I said he was already an elite top end dman.  Dez said no way, he hasnt proved anything and the test of time would show us more.  I said he would win a norris trophy some day.   Dez said no way.  It was a good debate back and forth.  Now, what i took from that made me really watch closely to players like drew.  it made me appreciate drews game a lot more.  I already watch dmen closer then any position bc i used to play it, was a stay at home guy who could move ok but was a pk guy who moved the puck and never saw pp time.  when i watch a keith or drew play it blows me away the skill and how smooth they make it look.  

When i first started paying attention to pk the same thing struck me.  Pk in the 2011 playoffs in round 1 against us did it all. He lead all players in ice time, he played every situation and dominated.   This combined with his first few yrs totals had me thinking this guy is an elite talent. This year his game took another step fwd bc he can dominate and take over a game.  His skating, hitting(borderline-reminds me of kronwall), shooting, passing and skill set really impress me.  Take his antics and jersey away for a moment.  This guy can be taught to play tight in his own end.  Its probably the easiest thing to teach a young dman.  Blocking shots again can be taught.  One on one battles this guy is gonna win a lot more then he loses bc of his skating which is world class.  Phanuef was given as an example.  They kinda have similar game in my eyes.  Phaneuf has become better in his own end over time. Still not a Girardi but he is still very good.  

Ive said my part about pk. World class talent.  Im not sure giving him the norris this soon does anything to help his game advance bc of his ego/over confidence.  It sure is gonna make him a rich man after the next season.  Which i said would happen, sure montreal gm won tat battle.  Pk is gonna win the war there.  6million plus?    I dont think pk will ever be a leader of a team and when we talk clown he sure is a side show, the rodeo would love him.   I love watching his skill set on display.  

As an old style protect your house dman Im envious of his ability but in no way do i view him as the leagues best dman.  That title is anchored by chara.  Drew is my next pick.  

Hopefully we are all alive and healthy 5-10 yrs time so we can further this debate.  

Cheers to my buddy Dez.  You made me open my eyes a bit on a position i think i know pretty well.  

Not to be a stickler but I never said that PK would never win a Norris. Our debate centered around whether he deserved to be paid like an elite D man as he was holding out. I'm too lazy to back and look but if you do I think you'll see that I said Subban was a terrific player with possible trophies in his future. I just didn't feel his play up with to that point of his career was worthy of huge money. Him winning the Norris still doesn't change my mind about that. I wonder how happy his teammates are for him? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Kypreos can report all he wants. Subban worked for The Fan 590 during the lock-out and became very chummy with Mr. Kypreos.

This was nothing more than a prediction for his new chum. He has no inside info.

Yes, I am hoping for an Aaron Ward "Iginla has been traded to the Bruins" mistweet. (Is that a word?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Not to be a stickler but I never said that PK would never win a Norris. Our debate centered around whether he deserved to be paid like an elite D man as he was holding out. I'm too lazy to back and look but if you do I think you'll see that I said Subban was a terrific player with possible trophies in his future. I just didn't feel his play up with to that point of his career was worthy of huge money. Him winning the Norris still doesn't change my mind about that. I wonder how happy his teammates are for him? 

The day PK Subban is announced as the Norris Trophy winner, I will vomit a little in my throat...it tarnishes the other names on the trophy.

Some day...maybe.

Not now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Wonder if the hart trophy is based on the fwds shtoi or blocks, or hits etc etc.  maybe the hart trophy for best fwd should be looked at as well.  Pretty sure ovi, crosby and tav dont lead in those stats.   

this debate if we bring it back up started with dez and i.  I said he was already an elite top end dman.  Dez said no way, he hasnt proved anything and the test of time would show us more.  I said he would win a norris trophy some day.   Dez said no way.  It was a good debate back and forth.  Now, what i took from that made me really watch closely to players like drew.  it made me appreciate drews game a lot more.  I already watch dmen closer then any position bc i used to play it, was a stay at home guy who could move ok but was a pk guy who moved the puck and never saw pp time.  when i watch a keith or drew play it blows me away the skill and how smooth they make it look.  

When i first started paying attention to pk the same thing struck me.  Pk in the 2011 playoffs in round 1 against us did it all. He lead all players in ice time, he played every situation and dominated.   This combined with his first few yrs totals had me thinking this guy is an elite talent. This year his game took another step fwd bc he can dominate and take over a game.  His skating, hitting(borderline-reminds me of kronwall), shooting, passing and skill set really impress me.  Take his antics and jersey away for a moment.  This guy can be taught to play tight in his own end.  Its probably the easiest thing to teach a young dman.  Blocking shots again can be taught.  One on one battles this guy is gonna win a lot more then he loses bc of his skating which is world class.  Phanuef was given as an example.  They kinda have similar game in my eyes.  Phaneuf has become better in his own end over time. Still not a Girardi but he is still very good.  

Ive said my part about pk. World class talent.  Im not sure giving him the norris this soon does anything to help his game advance bc of his ego/over confidence.  It sure is gonna make him a rich man after the next season.  Which i said would happen, sure montreal gm won tat battle.  Pk is gonna win the war there.  6million plus?    I dont think pk will ever be a leader of a team and when we talk clown he sure is a side show, the rodeo would love him.   I love watching his skill set on display.  

As an old style protect your house dman Im envious of his ability but in no way do i view him as the leagues best dman.  That title is anchored by chara.  Drew is my next pick.  

Hopefully we are all alive and healthy 5-10 yrs time so we can further this debate.  

Cheers to my buddy Dez.  You made me open my eyes a bit on a position i think i know pretty well.  

I think it depends on if he buys rounds at the bar.  We all assume, read and have seen things where he isnt liked by his own.   I wonder how true this is.  If true you may see him dealt this offseason.  With so many teams looking to make moves i could see the habs washing their hands and dealing him.   Hes terrell owens of the hockey world in my eyes.  

How about pk, plekanec and a pick for malkin.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

I think it depends on if he buys rounds at the bar.  We all assume, read and have seen things where he isnt liked by his own.   I wonder how true this is.  If true you may see him dealt this offseason.  With so many teams looking to make moves i could see the habs washing their hands and dealing him.   Hes terrell owens of the hockey world in my eyes.  

How about pk, plekanec and a pick for malkin.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they would even need to add a pick to make that deal happen. It's an interesting idea that could benefit both clubs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez, i think the fear of malkin to russia is a scary one.  Malkin wants the spot light, he wants the world watching him.  Habs have another young russian star he could learn from.  Malkin would be a god.  Markov also there.  huge add for habs and i think he would do great there.  

Plekanec is a very solid 2nd line center, he does a little bit of everything and plays hard.  Idea fit behind Sid.   

PK on one pair, letang on another.    PP from the back end absolutely disgusting.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

PK on one pair, letang on another.    PP from the back end absolutely disgusting.  

Until they meet Boston in the playoffs, that is. PIT needs more Boychuck-types and less Letang-types. I bet they'd pass on PK in that deal...but would take Markov ++ in a heartbeat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Until they meet Boston in the playoffs, that is. PIT needs more Boychuck-types and less Letang-types. I bet they'd pass on PK in that deal...but would take Markov ++ in a heartbeat.

If healthy Id agree.  Gorges wouldnt be a bad replacement.  But neither hold the status in a Malkin deal.  Who I heard is negotiating an extension in Pitt and they were talking how Letang could be dealt. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No player form an oppsing team has more threads dedicated to him on here than P.K. Thats gotta stand for something!

Yes he has his shortcomings defensively, just like any other defenseman who comes into the league. he is better now in that aspect than he was when he first came up and I suspect that trend will continue upwards. But like Shupe said, him and Karlsson have what you cannot teach when it comes to their offensive game. You either have it or you don't, and they have an abundance of it.

Should he have won the Norris this year? Debatable. If Suter didnt get off to the slow start, he probably would have won, but P.K was pretty solid all year. Showed improvements in his own zone and his offensive game continued to improve, and as much as Letang struggled against the Bruins I thought his defensive game this year was better. I thought Pierangelo made the biggest jump this year as far improved play in his own end, but unfortunatley, because of the way the voters look at it, he probably wont getthe recognition he deserves unless he racks up a few more points.

Makes for good chatter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I don't know why Bs fans are bummed about this, it just means the Habs will have to overpay him and it's possible that he takes this as a sign he doesn't need to get any better defensively.

Win win to me.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"