Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments )

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments )

I don't know if it is just me, but it looks cowerdly and dangerous.  Last minute he turns and shows his back

Never seen it before comments

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments )

He is a coward and looks like a real clown on the ice ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments ):
    [QUOTE]I don't know if it is just me, but it looks cowerdly and dangerous.  Last minute he turns and shows his back Never seen it before comments
    Posted by BigNickster[/QUOTE]

It's not just Subban, it's the entire hockey world.  Players used to never face the boards with the puck because they'd get destroyed.  Now, with the little kids having stop signs on their backs and many players have zero respect for each other, turning to face the boards is the equivalent of being on Ghouls in a game of tag.

Just another reason why the No Hitting League isn't nearly as fun to watch as it was 15 years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Careful guys, kelvana has labeled anyone who criticizes Subban a racist...

So much for opinions and free speech.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am facing the boards right now.  I got ghouls.  I can't be touched.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I am a B's fan. That means i hate the Habs. I know hate is a strong word but there is no way around it. I've hated any player who played for the Habs and that includes Beliveau. I could care less what color they are. Subban is a Hab and plays like a typical all mouth, no action type of player. He is a Hab therefore the hate is on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

I am not talking about when he is near the boards
    Constantly in open ice he will turn, jump in the air and let his back act as an unsusspecting wall ( I think it is cowardless ).  I would love to see him pay big time, remeber the 
    weasil Komaserick or what ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments ):
    [QUOTE]I am a B's fan. That means i hate the Habs. I know hate is a strong word but there is no way around it. I've hated any player who played for the Habs and that includes Beliveau. I could care less what color they are. Subban is a Hab and plays like a typical all mouth, no action type of player. He is a Hab therefore the hate is on.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Kelvana is one of these Hab-fan-boy whiners who hangs out here for some reason and can't argue his way out of a paper bag, so resorts to calling everyone racists.  When you lose the debate you resort to that type of name-calling.  Sad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments ) : It's not just Subban, it's the entire hockey world.  Players used to never face the boards with the puck because they'd get destroyed.  Now, with the little kids having stop signs on their backs and many players have zero respect for each other, turning to face the boards is the equivalent of being on Ghouls in a game of tag. Just another reason why the No Hitting League isn't nearly as fun to watch as it was 15 years ago.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

The reason we see so much of this crap is from the stupidity of having a 'hitting from behind' penalty.  Players are coming up through the system with the attitude of "if I turn my back, they can't hit me without a penalty".

It's stupid and dangerous.  It was never done in previous days as players were taught not to play with their faces to the boards.  The problem is that now, they try and draw a penalty and put themselves in danger.  This attitude has contributed greatly to the increase in concussions and serious injuries.

There is really no need for a specific 'hitting from behind' penalty.  It was put in to avoid players being crunched into the boards, but there is already a boarding penalty.  Between calling boarding, charging or even unsportsmanlike conduct, the refs have enough power to deal with these situations.

The 'hitting from behind' penalty has only led to dangerous habits and should be removed from the books.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments ) : It's not just Subban, it's the entire hockey world.  Players used to never face the boards with the puck because they'd get destroyed.  Now, with the little kids having stop signs on their backs and many players have zero respect for each other, turning to face the boards is the equivalent of being on Ghouls in a game of tag. Just another reason why the No Hitting League isn't nearly as fun to watch as it was 15 years ago.

I said it on another thread on Doughty's hit.
    Hitting in the NHL WILL BE EXTINCT !

Subban does it every everytime.  He does it especially distinct.  If you notice with him , no matter where he is on the ice he'll to a spin-o-rama just as he's about to get hit.
    One day someone will time that spin-o-rama he'll get spun off the ice with a big hit.
    I bet the next time he plays Richards he'll ask him " where were you in the All Star game " Maybe Richards will be that person.

Fletcher, has Kelvana admitted he/she is a Habs fan ?  is that Price or is that Price getting scored on in preseason by Horton ?  Patrick Roy ? 
    I'm not trying to be funny,  just curious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments ):[QUOTE]I don't know if it is just me, but it looks cowerdly and dangerous.  Last minute he turns and shows his back Never seen it before comments Posted by BigNickster[/QUOTE]

The Subban hit on Marchand was a beauty as was Sean O'Donnell's on Evandor Kane. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6djdM0Fv-io

I've seen these hits before but just not as often or so close together time wise. Timing is everything with these hits but in the case of these types of hits lets call them "Scott Stevens Crushes" it's about deception because it just looks like the defender is backing into the play or acting like a blueliner n skating backwards.

I know this if I tried it...it would be ugly LoL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

In Response to Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments ):
    [QUOTE]I don't know if it is just me, but it looks cowerdly and dangerous.  Last minute he turns and shows his back Never seen it before comments

Oh you mean like this ???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rpk0JlVZ4I

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I am a B's fan. That means i hate the Habs. I know hate is a strong word but there is no way around it. I've hated any player who played for the Habs and that includes Beliveau. I could care less what color they are. Subban is a Hab and plays like a typical all mouth, no action type of player. He is a Hab therefore the hate is on.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Instead of saying that you hate Beliveau, you should say, "I don't know much about hockey, but I know I like the Bruins."  Beliveau is one of the greatest players in the history of hockey.  If you can't see past his jersey to his amazing skills, you must be one of the paint your face, drink at Sullivan's Tap, wear your Lucic Crew t-shirt, sit in the last row of the balcony and get kicked out halfway through the second period type of Bruins fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I am not talking about when he is near the boards Constantly in open ice he will turn, jump in the air and let his back act as an unsusspecting wall ( I think it is cowardless ).  I would love to see him pay big time, remeber the  weasil Komaserick or what ever  

I don't know what's cowardly about it.  It's a different style of hit.  It's actually pretty devastating, as shown in that video Jay posted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments ) : Instead of saying that you hate Beliveau, you should say, "I don't know much about hockey, but I know I like the Bruins."  Beliveau is one of the greatest players in the history of hockey.  If you can't see past his jersey to his amazing skills, you must be one of the paint your face, drink at Sullivan's Tap, wear your Lucic Crew t-shirt, sit in the last row of the balcony and get kicked out halfway through the second period type of Bruins fans.
    Call me what you want nas, i really couldn't care less.As far as my hockey knowledge it has nothing to do with love or hate.As far as Sullivan"s Tap i have been known to visit the place when in the city. I haven't been kicked out of a B's game yet but thats likely because there is or was a 1 beer minimum at B's-Habs games. As great as Beliveau was i still don't like him. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Ovechkkin hit on Subban

posted at 2/2/2011 5:55 PM EST
    First: 3/28/2010
    Last: 2/2/2011

"I'm not sure what you people hate more, the color of his skin or sweater. He's a stud."

Can you read that above Kelvana??  That is calling people racist.  It's pathetic too.

You just lost that debate, tough guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Pretty sure the sentence starts out with "I'm not sure"
    Clearly you hate the color of his sweater.
    Still don't see where I'm calling anyone a racist.
    I'm not sure you even know what a debate is.

Do you want me to wake my 3 year old so he can explain what that means??

Kelvana33 2 Fletcher1 0

"Tough Guy"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty sure the sentence starts out with "I'm not sure" Clearly you hate the color of his sweater. Still don't see where I'm calling anyone a racist. I'm not sure you even know what a debate is. Do you want me to wake my 3 year old so he can explain what that means?? Kelvana33 2 Fletcher1 0 "Tough Guy"
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Yeah kelvana, go wake up your three year old...good grief, quite a debater you are...

I'm not gonna go round and round with you when my preference would be to just tune you out.  The reaction you got was because calling people racist for not liking Subban is stooping lower than I have seen in a long time on these boards.  Frankly, it's shameful.

At the very least you should man up and take responsibility for what you wrote, but I won't hold my breath.  So long, I'm over it...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Call me a racist--- I don't care---If there is not a spoked B, and a Black and Gold sweater-- I hate them all.   Subban is a punk!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Re: Ovechkkin hit on Subban posted at 2/2/2011 5:55 PM EST kelvana33 Posts: 79 First: 3/28/2010 Last: 2/2/2011 "I'm not sure what you people hate more, the color of his skin or sweater. He's a stud." Can you read that above Kelvana??  That is calling people racist.  It's pathetic too. You just lost that debate, tough guy. Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Yep that is calling Subban haters racist and prefacing it with "I'm not sure" speaks volumes. Time for you too go to bed now K33!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Fletcher1, I just cleaned my ears. There was more hockey knowledge at the end of that used q-tip than you have in your whole head. I don't lose debates. I did not call one person a racist (can you dig up the quote?)  I will NEVER lose a hockey debate.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

More insults , you might want to edit these ones also.  Are you sure you're not PK Subban coming on this Bruins board ?
    You're so full of yourself " I will NEVER lose a hockey debate " ???
    what are you 9 years old ?
    Like I said on the other thread, no matter what team you're a fan of you're welcomed to discuss hockey here but if you're going to icome here and insult
    eventually you will be ignored or banned from here . 
    Just because I hate the Habs (but have respect) doesn't mean I cannot be objective etc..  heck !  I'm even going to one of your matinees this weekend.

EDITED:

Wait a minute !!! RMiller is back !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Subban = a CLOWN

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Subban turns his back on many hits ( comments ) :  EDITED: Wait a minute !!! RMiller is back !!! Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

No doubt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

olé chant

Am I wrong or i heard the ole ole chant at the NHL stars game in USA LOL... ! talking against others always come back on our nose ... i was laughing ... so darn funny!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Man. most of you people have never even worn skates........It's called avoiding a hit. So he should get knocked out for life like Savard to prove his tough? Morons......

Sections
Shortcuts