Subban

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Re: Subban

There are classless morons everywhere and cover every subject. It is just too bad they got the attention they do not deserve.

PK Subban, this kid impresses me more and more every time I hear him address the media. He conducts himself like a true professional and a future captain off the ice. 

I like 99% of his on ice game. I could get used to him in the black and gold.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I'd take PK in a heartbeat. Great hockey instincts, great shot, solid on D, get's in people's grill, and he's got a good head on his shoulders.  The quintessential player you love to hate - if he's on the other team.

He handled the racist nitwit situation with grace.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sort of a dicey proposition to be talking about the racist tweets on one side and the prospect of Subban playing for Boston on the other.  Too easy for someone to imply connections that aren't there.

The Tweets: The real problem for the Bruins is that this happened in 2012 with Joel Ward.  Back in the 80s, there was also some talk about black baseball players not wanting to play in Boston, though if I remember correctly that was more complicated and about the culture of the city etc. So there's enough history to fill a piece on "this history of racism in Boston sports" without talking about Willie O'Ree or Bill Russell.  That means I do think they need to respond but not apologize, and the general message was right: the people making these stupid, racist comments are in no way connected to the Boston Bruins and they should keep our name out of their mouths.  Respond because you can speak out against it without apologizing, which implies culpability.

Subban: I don't know.  I suspect it's one of those things where I'm going to pull for every guy who puts on the sweater to play at the pinnacle of his ability because I want the team to win.  But if PC called and said "we're thinking of signing this guy, Book, but I wanted to hear your thoughts..."?  OatesCam's points probably sum up my reservations.  Like all players in his mould, he's a high risk/reward player.  He was a minus player this year, and we've seen why that might be with all of the missed butt-first hit attempts etc.  He giveth and he taketh away.  The Bruins aren't built for that.  They thrive on all of their players being low risk with maximum reward for that little bit of risk.  A guy like Bergeron is almost zero risk, huge reward - a 30 goal scorer who almost never gives the puck away considering how many points he puts up.  On the flip side, Subban had only 13 more points than Krug this year.  He plays more than 5 minutes more per game than Krug and played 3 more games.   He's a better fit in the third pairing than trying to fit Subban higher up the lineup. 

In the end, I don't think I can see PK fitting into the team and still being the guy you'd hope to get.  Great aspects to his game though.

Are you not entertained?!?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I knew subban woukd score vs bruins before series even started.I don't like his drama show but he's explosive and yes I'd take him with the bruins.  I don't like things lucic does like the chest pounding honestly I cant stand it wish he'd stop but glad he's a bruin

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Would I take Subban on "A team", yes? Would I take him on "THIS team"? No.

The kid has tremendous skill, but as previous poster's said, he doesn't fit the structure and archetype of what the Bruin's look for in their TEAM. Subban reminds me an awful lot of Byfuglien. High risk-high reward, tremendous shot, but with speed to burn.

Like the skill set, don't like the fit on a team whose model has produced tremendous results.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

I knew subban woukd score vs bruins before series even started.I don't like his drama show but he's explosive and yes I'd take him with the bruins.  I don't like things lucic does like the chest pounding honestly I cant stand it wish he'd stop but glad he's a bruin

Of course you would.  Who cares if he's a minus player.  He puts up points and helps win hockey pools.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just keep flipping the puck in the corners and we shall see how long YEmelin, Georges, Markov and PK will last. They are gonna get worn out by the Bruins forwards.

I think teams like Dallas, Washington, Detroit, Rangers, Devils or Minnesota would overpay for Subban when his contract is up. PK is going to cash in and on his offensive talents.

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Would I take Subban on "A team", yes? Would I take him on "THIS team"? No.

Like the skill set, don't like the fit on a team whose model has produced tremendous results.

While I am not sure about the Buff comparisons (Subban is way better all-round in my opinion) I do agree that he is probably not the best fit for this team. Antics aside, he comes (or is about to come) with a huge paycheck meaning PC would have to sacrifice quite a bit to fit him in the roster in this hypothetical scenario.

I believe this team is good enough as it is and do not need to add a pricey "super" star which may hinder some depth. Was this not sort of the reason the B's  ditched  "passive" Joe Thornton, Phill "the thrill" and Tyler "partyman" Seguin in the first place?

I know this is not what the thread is angling for but this is my take. You don't disrupt a good core on a contending team by adding an expensive part that may or may not fit in. This is not the Rangers after all...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to stevegm's comment:

I don't care for the way he plays at all.  But then again, I would have said that about Brad Park, and every Montreal Canadien who ever lived.

And the Neely "statement" thing... really bugs me.  Why all this corporate dancing.  I bet well over 99.9% of the population already assumes the Bruins don't support racism.

Racists don't mind be called racists, and they love all this indignation.  What they don't like....is being dismissed as pathetic, stupid, ignorant losers.

Well said, steve. I always enjoy reading your stuff. I think people from all walks of life who are inclined to this kind of thinking probably do rub themselves with pant-tent inducing glee seeing their ignorance posted.

I'm a black man and to be honest I didn't have this kind of thing in the forefront of my mind entering this series but I admit I did, quietly wonder if someone, somewhere would go down that road. That some brainless dummies took the initiative to post their mental dung is more disappointing to me than surprising. I'm no less frustrated about it though. 

We don't even know if they were even "fans." Could just be racist trolls looking for trouble. Either way, it looks bad for the organization, the city, and hockey. In a place that made history with O'Ree no less. Best to move on...

You said it right there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Of course you would.  Who cares if he's a minus player.  He puts up points and helps win hockey pools.

Every nhl gm would take and so would most here.  Btw I never play hockey pools.

So you're saying you wouldn't take him? 

Btw using ur line of reason krejci is a minus 2.. you must want him shipped out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

We don't even know if they were even "fans." Could just be racist trolls looking for trouble. Either way, it looks bad for the organization, the city, and hockey. In a place that made history with O'Ree no less. Best to move on...

You said it right there.

Yep, but as long as the Habs are still playing the media will continue to drive this. City of Montreal is already preparing for the worst:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-on-alert-as-habs-bruins-series-comes-home-for-game-3-1.2631412

• You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Yes, every GM in the league would want Subban.  Also, every GM in the league would want Kessel and Seguin.  No, wait, I guess one GM didn't want them.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Yes, every GM in the league would want Subban.  Also, every GM in the league would want Kessel and Seguin.  No, wait, I guess one GM didn't want them.

Changing the subject for convenience.  

So u want krejci shipped out?  U figure bring in kess snd seg when ur argument is sagging.

Keep it to subban!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In theory, sure, I would want PK on the B's. The reality is that it's very unlikely. He's an RFA after this season (which should be ending soon for him if the Hockey Gods are just) and Montreal is probably going to have to pony up something in the way of $8m/year for multiple years. That 2-year bridge deal may not have been the wisest choice for the team.

B's should throw an offer sheet at him and drive the price up even further. I think Montreal matches any number you throw at PK.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

B's should throw an offer sheet at him and drive the price up even further. I think Montreal matches any number you throw at PK.

If that were the case I suggest PC offer Subban a Weber or Suter type contract and watch Bergevin squirm :) 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

So u want krejci shipped out?  U figure bring in kess snd seg when ur argument is sagging.

Keep it to subban!

You saying "keep it to Subban" and talking about me wanting Krejci traded in the previous sentence is kinda funny.  You brought other players' names in this thread when you talked about Krejci.  No, I don't want Krejci traded.  I never wanted Krejci traded.  Just go back at all the threads from 2010-2013 that talked about trading Krejci for Ryan.  It's all there.  If you want to know why I would not want Subban on the Bruins, read my first post on the first page of this thread.  It's all right there and I didn't use any big words, so you should understand everything I wrote.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

No doubt Subban is a talent supreme. A better power play man on the point? I can't think of any. Great skater. Deadly shot.

The real issues with him are his commitment to defense and team play. I think he's growing up a bit though. His comments on the the racist tweets were well thought out, mature, and insightful.

I think in the long run I'll be more happy with him as an enemy. He's a great enemy. I wouldn't want him on the Bruins any more than I'd want Chara on the Habs.

Keep it to subban!

You saying "keep it to Subban" and talking about me wanting Krejci traded in the previous sentence is kinda funny.  You brought other players' names in this thread when you talked about Krejci.  No, I don't want Krejci traded.  I never wanted Krejci traded.  Just go back at all the threads from 2010-2013 that talked about trading Krejci for Ryan.  It's all there.  If you want to know why I would not want Subban on the Bruins, read my first post on the first page of this thread.  It's all right there and I didn't use any big words, so you should understand everything I wrote.

Had to finish your post with ur cute wsy as usual. U said on one post thst subban is a good choice for poolsters.is this post significant or... non significant as usual. Had to use your ways  hopefully to relate 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Really?  It's OK when you bring up Jamie Benn when you haven't got a leg to stand on when I said that Seguin was a no show for Dallas.

You are the one who always changes the subject when u have no argument, but it's not OK for anyone else.

Yah, Seguin is a superstar, Nill wishes he had him in the playoffs, but he was no where to be found.

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Really?  It's OK when you bring up Jamie Benn when you haven't got a leg to stand on when I said that Seguin was a no show for Dallas.

You are the one who always changes the subject when u have no argument, but it's not OK for anyone else.

Yah, Seguin is a superstar, Nill wishes he had him in the playoffs, but he was no where to be found.

Told u seg underachieved in playoffs. 

The good thing for dallas plenty of time for him to make it up.

No regret for nill. Stars made playoffs what they have not done. 

Benn benefited from seg play that's why I brought him

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Don't waste your time, BH. Marco shouldn't even be on his smartphone during Algebra I anyways.

Had to finish your post with ur cute wsy as usual. U said on one post thst subban is a good choice for poolsters.is this post significant or... non significant as usual. Had to use your ways  hopefully to relate 

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Patience for Seguin, but no patience for Louie?

Patience for Seguin, but no patience for Louie?

U serious. Do u even know the age difference.  Wouldn't be saying patience to seg if he were 28 and never had showed he can score in playoffs

• Sections
    Shortcuts