Subbans dive

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Subbans dive

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the kid is a stud, sure blah blah blah. All I know is if this kid played for me and made as big a asz out of himself and the game as he did last night I would be piszed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMIDYyOlRE&feature=related

Like Brick says, its an absolute joke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Subbans dive

Really sad -- The kid has talent but has clearly bought into the Habs MO. This Montreal group is an embarrassment to the game and their fans continue to embrace the circus show.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

agreed.  it's pathetic.  but the diving seems systemic to the Habs.  with all that Ole! chanting up at the Bell Centre, they're starting to play like soccer players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

The thing about it was how totally blatant it was. It was a horrible acting job, and wound up looking ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Someone with a little cash who's totally disgusted with the referees from this series would find a lot of support if they started a website calling out the referees who do this favoritism. The fact that Subban could lay there and laugh and still get away with a dive, the fact that Bergy could be tripped up while walking in alone WITHOUT a penalty shot, phantom penalty calls to the Bruins at the very end of several games with the game on the line, calling interference on the goalie several times for hitting Price but NEVER ofr hitting Thomas. These guys deserve to be called out BY NAME. Just my humble opinion

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Subbans dive:
    Someone with a little cash who's totally disgusted with the referees from this series would find a lot of support if they started a website calling out the referees who do this favoritism. The fact that Subban could lay there and laugh and still get away with a dive, the fact that Bergy could be tripped up while walking in alone WITHOUT a penalty shot, phantom penalty calls to the Bruins at the very end of several games with the game on the line, calling interference on the goalie several times for hitting Price but NEVER ofr hitting Thomas. These guys deserve to be called out BY NAME. Just my humble opinion
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

All referees will call what they see !  You can't blame the refs for the good acting job the Canadiens relied on for the whole series !

Just my opinion !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

That doesn't explain no penalty shot to Bergy, and no penalties for knocking down Timmy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wish he wouldnt do that because not only is it emabarrassing but it takes away frome the talent that he has.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Check out the HEadline in today's Montreal Gazette

Some of the best divers in the world will be in action this weekend at the Canada Cup FINA Grand Prix, at Montreal’s Olympic Park Sports Centre.
    Now we know

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

I wish he wouldnt do that because not only is it emabarrassing but it takes away frome the talent that he has.
    Posted by kelvana33

Worse, it takes away from the game itself. In his own way, Subban showed us exactly what the players really think of the refs if he thought he had a chance of bagging a penalty with that dive. All that was missing was a cliff edge, an anvil and a road runner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

That doesn't explain no penalty shot to Bergy, and no penalties for knocking down Timmy
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

Where have you been the last 2 years?  With all the concussions and injuries of late, the league has gone into  'protective mode'. This means that smaller teams
    (ie. Canadiens) will get more protection from big teams (ie. Big Bad Bruins) which means calls will be tilted somewhat towards smaller teams until the league finds a way to balance their 'Player safety Policy' with fair officiating for both teams.

Bruins' maangement must state their legitimate case at the next Managers' meeting.  Support Player safety measures BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF FAIR PLAY !  DIVING AND MISLEADING OFFICIALS INTO MAKING BAD CALLS IS NOT GOOD FOR THE GAME !!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Subban's got talent. If I was him I'd be asking for a 'trade me right f*cking now' before its too late.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Subban's got talent. If I was him I'd be asking for a 'trade me right f*cking now' before its too late.
    Posted by Hanrahan1

I think there is some merit to this. Too many of them do it for one to think they are not told to do it. I'm 35, been watching hockey since I was six. No matter who the coach is or who the players are they have always played the same style of hockey. Always had smaller forwards with speed and skill and they've always embelished.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Subban is a stud.  But all it takes is one little dive and he's automatically a jackwad

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Where are guys like Gill, Cammalleri, Gionta and Gomez in all of this? You'd think they would corner Subban and let him know it's not cool....

The issue is league-wide, too. I see dives all over the place, and BobbyOrrAlum is correct that it won't change until the league, managers and players can get consensus as to what constitutes a penalty and what doesn't. It's frustrating, but I suppose the rational part of me understands that there are growing pains. Guys are bigger, faster, wear heavier/harder equipment and we know more about head injuries. The NFL had to deal with it, too.

So you guys are 100% right. Refs will protect the little guys and the divers until they can figure out consistent rules for all. Guys like Subban will take advantage of this window of opportunity, but that window will eventually close and he'll have to change his act.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

kid's got skills, too bad he's a dou** bag. he's screwing himself, his reputation, only in his second season(kinda first)- shines a bad light on him. does the media have a "can't mention diving" clause in their contracts. they think the reason people don't like him is because of the cockiness. wrong...people don't like him because he dives all over the ice, and instigates- then runs behind a ref. don't mind a little cockiness- why i like marchand. but the other parts of his game, show his lack of character. start questioning these guys character(embellishers/divers), maybe they'll be embarrassed enough to change their ways.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

kid's got skills, too bad he's a dou** bag. he's screwing himself, his reputation, only in his second season(kinda first)- shines a bad light on him. does the media have a "can't mention diving" clause in their contracts. they think the reason people don't like him is because of the cockiness. wrong...people don't like him because he dives all over the ice, and instigates- then runs behind a ref. don't mind a little cockiness- why i like marchand. but the other parts of his game, show his lack of character. start questioning these guys character(embellishers/divers), maybe they'll be embarrassed enough to change their ways.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Another reason why Marchand is better. When he starts a scrum he stands his ground and makes the ref get in and take him out. PK says something/pushes and skates away when the bodies come in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Subban is a stud.  But all it takes is one little dive and he's automatically a jackwad
    Posted by olsonstephanie

One dive? Try countless dives. I've seen the kid take a big clean hit before and for him to fall over like he does sometimes is pitifull. I also don't like his chirping and running away.

Watch the video below and tell me that he's not a dirty player. But yet Lecavalier gets a misconduct. The Habs favoritism of some of the media is crazy. Watch the second Brad May clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2cTdP4jEQ4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYHJpxRUIbk&feature=related

When you google PK Subban and the first thing that comes up is "PK Subban dive" you know it's not just one occasion.

Another one, watch this chicken fly after checking Lundqvist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yKesw0MzJ0&feature=related

But you're right, only one dive, only one cheap play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Just shows what he is really made of.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Subbans dive:
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, the kid is a stud, sure blah blah blah. All I know is if this kid played for me and made as big a asz out of himself and the game as he did last night I would be piszed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMIDYyOlRE&feature=related Like Brick says, its an absolute joke.
    Posted by mikzor

Agreed Mikzor. I've stated a number of times that if the players expect the refs to call an honest game,they need to play an honest game.I'm all for the league fining/suspending players after the fact if there is clear video evidence of diving. Bush league moves like this one take away from the integrity of the game.Sadly enough,I spoke to a number of Habs fans after game 6 who were proud of Price after his dive for which Bergy was penalized. They actually called it a smart play and claimed I would've felt different if a Bruin had done it.I said "yeah,I'd feel different then you because I'd be ashamed to have the Bruins acting that way".That's the thing about the Habs......both the organization and MOST of the fan base have no shame(before you bother answering,I don't mean you Kennedy-you're all right).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The thing about it was how totally blatant it was. It was a horrible acting job, and wound up looking ridiculous.
    Posted by mikzor

It certainly makes you wonder what it takes to get a diving penalty.Worse than that,he yanked Campbell's stick out of his hands at the same time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

It was interesting to watch the B's win Game 7, then switch over to the Pitt/TB game and almost immediately, there was a call against Pittsburgh for diving.  I had thought the NHL did away with it after the Montreal series.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

Get over your hard on for subban and the canadiens they're playing golf Boston's playing Philly

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Get over your hard on for subban and the canadiens they're playing golf Boston's playing Philly
    Posted by alwaysabruin

It's a hockey board. I have a feeling it's not going to end. Considering history etc...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Scariest sight at the start of the 2nd round. Sutherland AND Pollock paired as the officials for Tampa-Washington Friday night. After their performances in games 6 and 7 in the Boston-Montreal series (including KS blown call on Ference*) it is hard to believe Gregson and Campbell would consider them good enough to continue officiating in the playoffs. Truly shows why diving and inconsistent enforcement are the laughable highlights of the NHL games.

*If Sutherland had seen it, he would have called it elbowing and given AF a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. I thought Pollock was the worst Anglo ref in the NHL and Sutherland came along the next night and really opened my eyes to the true definition of incompetence.

Sections
Shortcuts