Such a disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Such a disgrace

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : How is Marchand any different than Lapierre and Burrows?  I'd say he has more offense than Lapierre and bites less than Burrows.  All three run their mouths.  All three are stickwork kings behind the play.  All three dive.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

All three run their mouths: agree
    All three are stickwork kings behind the play: agree
    All three dive: not exactly.  Marchand will "dive" to draw penalties, Burrows/Lapierre dive, as well as, fake injuries. 

Not that complicated NAS.  Diving and faking is why we hate the Habs, Marchand doesn't do that.  Lapierre and Burrows should be given rhinestone tiaras to proudly wear for their performances.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

It's time to get nasty, Boston.  In your face, tough hockey.  Go get em.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : All three run their mouths: agree All three are stickwork kings behind the play: agree All three dive: not exactly.  Marchand will "dive" to draw penalties, Burrows/Lapierre dive, as well as, fake injuries.  Not that complicated NAS.  Diving and faking is why we hate the Habs, Marchand doesn't do that.  Lapierre and Burrows should be given rhinestone tiaras to proudly wear for their performances.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

And Marchard will get suspended for elbowing a guy in the head while Burrows will not.  You're talking shades of gray.  It's ALL dirty hockey, and I have no respect for it.

Not that complicated, Crowls.  Dirty hockey the subject.  All three play it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : And Marchard will get suspended for elbowing a guy in the head while Burrows will not.  You're talking shades of gray.  It's ALL dirty hockey, and I have no respect for it. Not that complicated, Crowls.  Dirty hockey the subject.  All three play it.

Ok, I'll try to simplify it then:

Your criteria:
    - Yapping
    - Stick-work behind the play
    - Diving

Seems like in addition to Marchand, you could include the following Bruins: Chara, Lucic, Ference, Recchi, Krejci, Peverley and Savard. Heck, you could make the case that Thomas meets your criteria.

Point is, there are always shades of gray.  I would never argue that Marchand is cleanest player on that list of Bruins, just like you should not try to argue that Marchand is the same as Burrows/Lapierre.

You hate the kid...we get it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Ok and this puts Brad into the same category as Lad Dog n child finger biter ? This is Marchand's first full season how long have these two clowns been doing there act NAS ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Marchand has been one of the worst embellishers since his days in the QMJHL.  His act isn't a new one; it's how he's played the game for years.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

In Response to Such a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]This style of hockey that is played by Burrows, Lapierre and to a lesser extent by the Sedins is a total disgrace to the game.  How can anyone respect their style when they are nothing more than total frauds? This is exactly why I have been down on Marchand all season.  Now that you see it from the other side, can you understand my point of view a little more?

I've seen more flops in this series by the canucks, than an NBA Final.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaxCap. Show FaxCap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Once again, your failure to answer speaks volumes.Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Ask the question again....it seems it was lost in your first unltra-biased replay.

FX

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

The only disgrace is you putting Marchand in the same category as Burrows, Lapierre and the Sedins.  Marchand does not dive and he's actually pretty humble in his postgame interviews (unlike the Sedins and a majority of the Canucks players).  As for the hit on Sedin?  The exact same hit was made on Marchand last night, and you didn't see him complain.  The guy will drop the gloves if he needs to and is a great player for this team.

What has Marchand done to warrant so much hate from you?  You seem to have a personal beef with him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

safsdfasdf

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Vancouver fans view Marchand the same way we view lapierre and burrows, like it or not thats how it is..If Lapierre were a bruins and Marchand were a Canuck, Lapierre would be defended on this forum and Burrows and Marchand would be villanized. It;s all laundry folks,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Marchand has been one of the worst embellishers since his days in the QMJHL.  His act isn't a new one; it's how he's played the game for years.Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Not the same as Lapierre and Burrows every time they get touched they drop Brad does not. Those two are a joke to the game with their clown acts. Has Marchand ever bitten anyone or knock a goalies stick out of his hands ?

Why would I care that you watched Marchand more than me or what he did in the Q ? Nothing to do in with the subject "likening Brad to those 2 maggots" Not even close in comparison!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Vancouver fans view Marchand the same way we view lapierre and burrows, like it or not thats how it is..If Lapierre were a bruins and Marchand were a Canuck, Lapierre would be defended on this forum and Burrows and Marchand would be villanized. It;s all laundry folks,
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Laundry is a part of it, no question.  Any confusion on that point, see Chris Nilan.

That said, I am not interested in what Vancouver fans think of Marchand or what Habs fans think of Chara.  I am capable of making my own assessment, absent their point-of-view.

They are all agitators that play on edge, with the differentiator being that Burrows and Lapierre routinely fake injuries. That is not the NHL, that is soccer. It is also the baseline play of the Habs, and one of the main reason that I detest them.  When Marchand starts faking injuries to get calls, I will call him out, otherwise he is just a pesky Wolverine to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

"If I saw Burrows or Lapierre on the street, words such a punk, baby, cheater, diver, and slimeball would be used. 
    I've seen Marchand on the street.  I didn't care.
    These are guys who play a game really well.  They aren't heros.  The real heros are in the Middle East and in the ground."  - 'Not-A-Shot'
    -----------
    Whoa. That's some tough e-talk there. I hope for their sakes they don't run into you anytime soon?!
    But didn't you forget to include yourself, 'Not-A-Shot'? Aren't you a bit of a hero around here too?
    A hero to any who don't see a bit of a self-involved megalomaniac (albeit anonymous one) emerging?
    Why else, when the Bruins are down to it - as close to the prize as any of us can remember, two games away from justifying all of our anonymous cyber-existences - why else are you starting Tiger Beat-worthy threads about about who gets to cheer and how?

Perhaps, you should title your threads; 'Hey! Look at me!!'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Laundry is a part of it, no question.  Any confusion on that point, see Chris Nilan. That said, I am not interested in what Vancouver fans think of Marchand or what Habs fans think of Chara.  I am capable of making my own assessment, absent their point-of-view. They are all agitators that play on edge, with the differentiator being that Burrows and Lapierre routinely fake injuries. That is not the NHL, that is soccer. It is also the baseline play of the Habs, and one of the main reason that I detest them.  When Marchand starts faking injuries to get calls, I will call him out, otherwise he is just a pesky Wolverine to me.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Marchand is a pest, he has abilty to score and never shy's away from the physical aspect..One can say the exact same about Burrows and Lapierre who I would take on my team any day. Granted, Burrows and Lapierre have been around longer, there is more of a body of work to critcize. People like them, Subban and all the other divers/fakers will continue to do so until the NHL gets more strict with it. It's part of the game until the NHL takes it out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NucksCupFinally?. Show NucksCupFinally?'s posts

OMG how can you put burrows into the same league as Avery?  clearly you dont know squat about hockey dude.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Marchand is a pest, he has abilty to score and never shy's away from the physical aspect..One can say the exact same about Burrows and Lapierre who I would take on my team any day. Granted, Burrows and Lapierre have been around longer, there is more of a body of work to critcize. People like them, Subban and all the other divers/fakers will continue to do so until the NHL gets more strict with it. It's part of the game until the NHL takes it out.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I would take Burrows, not interested in Lapierre. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Stop crying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

Come on guys! Your team is two wins away from a Cup and you're still focussed on the side show (as usual unfortunately). Who's the worst diver? How many angels on a pinhead? Who care! The fact of the matter is the B's are going toe-to-toe with a more talented team that was destined to win it all this year (or so they say). The show on most night is outstanding. Enjoy it.
    BTW I owe TT (and TT fans) an apology for greatly underestimating his mental fortitude. Win or lose he's the Conn Smythe winner in my book.
    Cheers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Not the same as Lapierre and Burrows every time they get touched they drop Brad does not. Those two are a joke to the game with their clown acts. Has Marchand ever bitten anyone or knock a goalies stick out of his hands ? Why would I care that you watched Marchand more than me or what he did in the Q ? Nothing to do in with the subject "likening Brad to those 2 maggots" Not even close in comparison!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

You made a point that Marchand hasn't had time to refine his embellishing. I responded that he's been doing it for a lot longer than this year.

Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to read. It's reality, though, as anyone who followed his ridiculousness when Moncton, Val D'Or and / or Halifax was in town already knows.

I'm not talking about biting, etc. But when it comes to embellishments (or let's just call a spade a spade....when it comes to diving) Marchand is a major offender. The reason he gets a pass here from most people is the same reason Subban gets a pass from most of the folks on the RDS board and why Lapierre and burrows get praised by folks in the Pacific Northwest...the colour of the uniform.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : You made a point that Marchand hasn't had time to refine his embellishing. I responded that he's been doing it for a lot longer than this year. Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to read. It's reality, though, as anyone who followed his ridiculousness when Moncton, Val D'Or and / or Halifax was in town already knows. I'm not talking about biting, etc. But when it comes to embellishments (or let's just call a spade a spade....when it comes to diving) Marchand is a major offender. The reason he gets a pass here from most people is the same reason Subban gets a pass from most of the folks on the RDS board and why Lapierre and burrows get praised by folks in the Pacific Northwest...the colour of the uniform.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I never saw Marchand play in the Q, but his NHL diving resume is dwarfed by that of;  Lapierre, Subban, Hamrlik, Ribeiro and whole host of current/former Habs players. 

You may have the goods on him for his junior career, but this is the NHL, not Moncton, Val d'Or or Halifax.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

March is like a little terrier, he has earned his way to the show through a harder route than any noted.  He has had to yap and fight his way because of his stature. Most little guys have an inferiority complex that makes them bite back harder. StLouis is not like this but Theo Fleury was.

March at 5'9(more like 5'7 measured with skates on I guess) backs his mouth, Burrows 6'1 and Lapdog 6'2 do not.

I don't like Burrows but I would possibly take him on my team, lapdog I would have as a practice warmup goalie without any equipment on, for Chara taking slapshots.

I have liked March's skillset since the Q and 2 CDN gold Junior championships, I like his game bigtime, his antics are over the top sometimes on the ice, but check out his interviews and he gives respect to the opposition more than is ever given him.  His handdusting of game 4 foreshadowed bad Karma to me, game 5 is over, the bad is gone it is time to bring the good.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Sorry to height challenged people, not most but some have a complex with bigger people.

March's stick and mouth levels the playing field where he can be allowed to make room for himself to apply his skills, which are very good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Lap uses his shiite because that is just what he is, shiite.

Sections
Shortcuts