Such a disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Such a disgrace

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace:
    Marchand is a insecure player. What other reason is there for always yapping whenever play stops and the 'mouth dance' begins. If I was a Canuck I would pat him on the head and skate away. This little boy is not worthy of my attention. Indifference is the purest form of 'nothing' you can do to a person. Treat him as a non entity and he will really lose it and finally get the pentalties he so deserves.
    Posted by twoonie

Marchand insecure? He yaps, but he backs it up by dropping the gloves, not biting them. Hey, while your here, whats the latest word on the Sedins? I didn't realize they were injured until I checked the box scores the last few games.Granted i only checked the scoresheet part but they were no where to be found.Any update??

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Such a disgrace:
    This style of hockey that is played by Burrows, Lapierre and to a lesser extent by the Sedins is a total disgrace to the game.  How can anyone respect their style when they are nothing more than total frauds? This is exactly why I have been down on Marchand all season.  Now that you see it from the other side, can you understand my point of view a little more?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Your dislike for Marchand is well documented, not sure a new thread to say it again is necessary.

IMO, Marchand is nothing like Burrows or Lapierre for a couple of reasons. 

Marchand may try to draw the occasional penalty like many other players, but he does not fake being injured.  In game 5, Burrows faked being injured a couple of times, while Lapierre survived that "mortal wound" from Chara's love-tap to score the game winner. That is Hab hockey at its finest, really surprised you don't see that. 

The other reason is that Marchand answers the bell.  Not fighting often, but not backing up or hiding behind his teammates. He'll take the hit to make the play, and puts the target square on his own back.  I respect that about his game.

I think Marchand's development has been one of the most enjoyable aspects of watching this season.  My sig-line was created when he was skating on the 4th-line, and I wanted to see him move up to get more minutes.  I am very pleased by his play in these playoffs and look forward to him being a big part of this team for years to come. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Should have said...I look forward to the Wolverine being a big part of this team for years to come.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Such a disgrace : Your dislike for Marchand is well documented, not sure a new thread to say it again is necessary. IMO, Marchand is nothing like Burrows or Lapierre for a couple of reasons.  Marchand may try to draw the occasional penalty like many other players, but he does not fake being injured.  In game 5, Burrows faked being injured a couple of times, while Lapierre survived that "mortal wound" from Chara's love-tap to score the game winner. That is Hab hockey at its finest, really surprised you don't see that.  The other reason is that Marchand answers the bell.  Not fighting often, but not backing up or hiding behind his teammates. He'll take the hit to make the play, and puts the target square on his own back.  I respect that about his game. I think Marchand's development has been one of the most enjoyable aspects of watching this season.  My sig-line was created when he was skating on the 4th-line, and I wanted to see him move up to get more minutes.  I am very pleased by his play in these playoffs and look forward to him being a big part of this team for years to come. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

I created this one for a few reasons.

1.  It's free, so why not?

2.  I'm free, so why not?

3.  With all of the foolishness going on from the other side right now, I found it relevant.

Marchand might take a hit to make a play more often than not, but there was a play last night (facing Luongo) in the right corner where he absolutely turned into Mary Poppins  and took the easy route to avoid getting hit...and subsequently gave no battle for the puck.

Yeah, he dropped his gloves one or twice.  Steve Ott, Steve Downie and Sean Avery drop their gloves also.  It doesn't make them less cheap or more respectable.

The kid has mad skills.  That shorthanded goal was one to be remembered for a lifetime.  His dirty play, diving, chippy half-Hanson play is no better than Burrows or Lapierre.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAS, you have some of the worst hockey sense on these boards. really, you're a joke
    Posted by Olsonicator

Right, but how's my offensive awareness?  Wrist shot power?  Wrist shot accuracy?

I assume this is the real OC, someone who's knowledge I respect.  Stop taking your NHL '11 into real world conversations, OC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : I created this one for a few reasons. 1.  It's free, so why not? 2.  I'm free, so why not? 3.  With all of the foolishness going on from the other side right now, I found it relevant. Marchand might take a hit to make a play more often than not, but there was a play last night (facing Luongo) in the right corner where he absolutely turned into Mary Poppins  and took the easy route to avoid getting hit...and subsequently gave no battle for the puck. Yeah, he dropped his gloves one or twice.  Steve Ott, Steve Downie and Sean Avery drop their gloves also.  It doesn't make them less cheap or more respectable. The kid has mad skills.  That shorthanded goal was one to be remembered for a lifetime.  His dirty play, diving, chippy half-Hanson play is no better than Burrows or Lapierre.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Hard to argue with your comparison of Marchand to Burrows/Lapierre when you change the argument to Ott, Downie, Avery, a Hanson brother and Mary Poppins. IMO, if you keep the goal-posts static, it makes for a better debate.

That said, you hate the kid, we all get it.  You are on the record, no need to keep beating the drum. I know you won't stop beating the kid up, that's fine, because I will continue to defend him while also fully enjoying watching him play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Hard to argue with your comparison of Marchand to Burrows/Lapierre when you change the argument to Ott, Downie, Avery, a Hanson brother and Mary Poppins. IMO, if you keep the goal-posts static, it makes for a better debate. That said, you hate the kid, we all get it.  You are on the record, no need to keep beating the drum. I know you won't stop beating the kid up, that's fine, because I will continue to defend him while also fully enjoying watching him play.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Do I get any credit at all for leaving Cooke off the list?  Maybe a C+ instead of just a C?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Do I get any credit at all for leaving Cooke off the list?  Maybe a C+ instead of just a C?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Probably a little credit.  I am sure the Wolverine appreciates your omission.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Probably a little credit.  I am sure the Wolverine appreciates your omission.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I think Kampfer is the only Wolverine on the B's.  Yeah, I know that isn't what you're referring to, but nicknames for players are soooooo weak. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaxCap. Show FaxCap's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : You`re lame dude.Be a man and show up under your regular name.   But then,we don`t expect anything less from people like you rooting against the Bruins. Posted by djbosox2004

This IS my username, djbozo.....I've been registered here for at least 3-4 years.
    When I logged on this time I got the "We have a new Registration system"
    thing. After adding the requierd fields it reset my posting count.

I thoroughly expect the Brooins to revert to their GOONING back in Boston.

Sad really.....the NHL has tried all these years to distance themselves from the
    old Philly Flyers GOON hockey yet they have let the Brooins play the same GOON hockey.

When it comes to pure hockey games we've beat you 3 times.

FX

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : This IS my username, djbozo.....I've been registered here for at least 3-4 years. When I logged on this time I got the "We have a new Registration system" thing. After adding the requierd fields it reset my posting count. I thoroughly expect the Brooins to revert to their GOONING back in Boston. Sad really.....the NHL has tried all these years to distance themselves from the old Philly Flyers GOON hockey yet they have let the Brooins play the same GOON hockey. When it comes to pure hockey games we've beat you 3 times. FX
    Posted by FaxCap

Interesting you choose to evade answering how many Bruins have been kicked out of the finals and how many Canucks have been bitten........and really........claiming to be a Canuck fan who's been registered here for years........yeah sure......that's the ticket.....
        GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm sorry am I missing something here when has Marchand dove so badly that he's thought of as Lapierre and Burrows ?

I can't compare the players becuase Marchand doesn't do it with ridiculous consistency night in night out. Yes I'm looking at it through black n gold goggles but as much as those two "Mike Ribeiro school of diving" honor student graduates ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm sorry am I missing something here when has Marchand dove so badly that he's thought of as Lapierre and Burrows ? I can't compare the players becuase Marchand doesn't do it with ridiculous consistency night in night out. Yes I'm looking at it through black n gold goggles but as much as those two "Mike Ribeiro school of diving" honor student graduates ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Here are a couple of examples from this playoff season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv0mI49SjtA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDPEZ31byI

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

'real world conversations'? THAT is hilarious. Anonymous posters arguing barely empirically about their favourite or least favourite players? Kids on the curb with hockey cards are having conversations that are more 'real world' than any of this.

No, this lame thread reads more like a Bakugan match - "I stunned you with my Lapierre - well, I blocked you with Marchand power X10!!" - so funny -

...And speaks more to the ego of its originator than anything or anyone else - Marchand, Lapierre, Burrows et al included.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Here are a couple of examples from this playoff season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv0mI49SjtA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDPEZ31byI
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Ok and this puts Brad into the same category as Lad Dog n child finger biter ? This is Marchand's first full season how long have these two clowns been doing there act NAS ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Here are a couple of examples from this playoff season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv0mI49SjtA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDPEZ31byI
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Tough to argue against evidence like that...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Think this would be my assessement of the situation!
    Well said!

Absolutely agree, and I will list two smaller factors about Marchand that make better than those guys (in addition to playing for the Bruins...) 1.  He really doesn't dive.  He yaps, he's cheap, he's annoying, but I haven't seen him dive. 2. At the end of the game in Boston when he dumped Sedin and everyone came after him, he threw down the gloves and turned to face whomever was coming for him.  You'll never see that from Burrows, Lapierre, or the Sedins. But seriously Marchand can annoy me too, despite how great he is playing.  I just can't imagine having to support those guys on the Canucks.  Total disgrace to hockey.
    Posted by Fletcher1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaxCap. Show FaxCap's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Interesting you choose to evade answering how many Bruins have been kicked out of the finals and how many Canucks have been bitten........and really........claiming to be a Canuck fan who's been registered here for years........yeah sure......that's the ticket.....     GO BRUINS!!!!!!    2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi

You are simply blinded by hatred. What a complete Brooin Moron.

FX

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : Ok and this puts Brad into the same category as Lad Dog n child finger biter ? This is Marchand's first full season how long have these two clowns been doing there act NAS ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

How is Marchand any different than Lapierre and Burrows?  I'd say he has more offense than Lapierre and bites less than Burrows.  All three run their mouths.  All three are stickwork kings behind the play.  All three dive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

...and confronted by any of them - especially Brad Marchand - in person, you would gulp and proffer your programme and pen, stuttering, 'may I have an autograph, Sir?"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll wait to see if Brad is doing this with more consistency in years to come. I've seen no evidence of stick work during or after the play that is reaching like this thread.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

...and confronted by any of them - especially Brad Marchand - in person, you would gulp and proffer your programme and pen, stuttering, 'may I have an autograph, Sir?"
    Posted by Awry

If I saw Burrows or Lapierre on the street, words such a punk, baby, cheater, diver, and slimeball would be used. 

I've seen Marchand on the street.  I didn't care.

These are guys who play a game really well.  They aren't heros.  The real heros are in the Middle East and in the ground.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'll wait to see if Brad is doing this with more consistency in years to come. I've seen no evidence of stick work during or after the play that is reaching like this thread.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

You didn't see Marchand stick one of the Sedins in the bag (or really, in the vag) at a faceoff right in front of the Bruins bench?

It was brutal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Such a disgrace : You are simply blinded by hatred. What a complete Brooin Moron. FX
    Posted by FaxCap

Once again, your failure to answer speaks volumes. Either that or my hatred has blinded me to the point that I'm missing your answer. Really original BTW. I'm glad I've no feelings about you or they could've been hurt......
     GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!   2 MORE WINS!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts